51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when you turn off ignition, power to dashboard electronics like player, cigarette lighter is cut off. can you identify in cultus which wire/relay is responsible for that... i want to fix this in my car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well explained
    >>>>>>Toyota Corolla GLI Ecotec- A power Machine<<<<<<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xzap042 View Post
    when you turn off ignition, power to dashboard electronics like player, cigarette lighter is cut off. can you identify in cultus which wire/relay is responsible for that... i want to fix this in my car.
    well the AC wire which comes out from ignition and goes into the fuse box and then to the dash board and other connection is this blue wire which i shown in pic , 2 clips are shown in this pic , the smaller one is of the ignition key beeper , and the biger one directelly go into the ignition switch , carriying battery connection and comming out is ACC , key on and starter connection ,

further more you can check the post in which i mention how to instal a securuty system in cultus
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368195

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    its not a good practice to mix up such parts and i know mechanic always do such blunders , you can wash them with carb spray , they are filled with out and design in such a way that oil wont come out if if you hold them vertically , like the water in old tyre , by locks you mean the valve step caters ,,,save them also becuase you cant find them spare and local made wont work ,,,,,its a total disaster for your engine if any of one carter fails ,,check the pic of ring compressor , i buy it many many years before , then one i have is not so easy to use ,,,,,,,,,,,,i have seen a program on discovery channel in which they assamble cars , they have different kind of compressor and i guess its made of plastic and very easy to use , any how this one also works but you need to lubricate it and then put the piston in it , and i am sure mechanic dont bother to do that,,,,,,,,,,,,,are you assambling all the engine on your own ?
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - 368184
    He removed the camshaft in front of me and before i could say any thing he inverted the head upside down over a box and there goes all the hydraulic lifters. i could just say Oye!

Just bought the exact copy of ur piston compressor today for 250.

Yes, i am doing all of it at home and also solo like you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    He removed the camshaft in front of me and before i could say any thing he inverted the head upside down over a box and there goes all the hydraulic lifters. i could just say Oye!

if i be on your place then believe me i just gave him a slap , but before that i never ever allow any mechanic to even open my car bonnet , i dont know how people gave there cars in hands of these mechanics , i can never ever do that , really have such a bad temper for such ********
    well i buy that ring compressor in 250 Rs almost 5 years before , price remain same , thats really very intresting that you are doing all that on your own ,,,,,,,,,,,,,but why you take lifters to mechanic ? kharadiya has nothing to mess with them , dont forget to take pic , have you sort out the valve timing of cultus ? the head cam shaft carter ? in some models there are 2 carter holders in head cam shaft which can creat confussion for newbies ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post

You are effed by all ways and means except a small glimmer of hope, that all 6 liters dropped nearly sequentially onto a flat surface and not in a round bottom bowl to mix up.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry for being off topic, today i changed front disk pads, when every thing was done, i noticed a voice coming from driving side hub like something is touching with rotors, n when i apply brake it increases, so i jacked it up and open the calipers, ask my bro to press break repeatedly, what i notice that break piston was not working like it had to be, it was too slowly coming out and really take tough time to get back in, so i had to do it manually, i lifted up its seal when it was completely out n find out that it was complete dry o.0, but Y? does fluid was not reaching at there? it was like almost jammed, so i took a injection e.g siring, and filled it with brake fluid and splash it inside the piston thought seal when it was almost wet and pretty greased i applied brake again and it went inn back. and pack everything back and get a test drive, now it was smooth and no more voices, i know its a temporary totkaa but how do i fix it completely ?please guide and suggest

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if i be on your place then believe me i just gave him a slap , but before that i never ever allow any mechanic to even open my car bonnet , i dont know how people gave there cars in hands of these mechanics , i can never ever do that , really have such a bad temper for such ********
    well i buy that ring compressor in 250 Rs almost 5 years before , price remain same , thats really very intresting that you are doing all that on your own ,,,,,,,,,,,,,but why you take lifters to mechanic ? kharadiya has nothing to mess with them , dont forget to take pic , have you sort out the valve timing of cultus ? the head cam shaft carter ? in some models there are 2 carter holders in head cam shaft which can creat confussion for newbies ,

I brought the head assembly to kharadia (lathe workshop) as it is as one of the cam shaft cap bolt was slipping in ring and i didnt had a deep socket to open it up.

And the manual doesnt say anything about putting the same lifter back to were it came, so i took it easily.

I never took my car to any mechanic and once i took it for carb service to universal autos they threw throttle bolt (one with a hole, you know) in the intake manifold which after few km got stuck in intake valve 2 and i had to dismantle the whole intake side on road side with hot engine alone with very limited tools.

so we (me & my car) are absolutely not compatible but rather allergic from mechanics.

Lathe workshop part is something i cant do myself at home, so you know.

Brandreth Road zindabad for best price. Also bought a valve spring compressor and deep 10mm socket for the cam cap bolts in 300/- for both.

about the valve timing, i can verify by the position of the cams for cylinder 1.
    and while fixing the distributor check the rotor is inline with point going to spark plug at No: 1. no trouble.

@Xulfiqar

effed up alright, coz the box had the cam/caps in it and the lifter went yahoo over them.

I am going to give all of them sequential testing in every pit with suction dart from my son's toy .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazo View Post
    sorry for being off topic, today i changed front disk pads, when every thing was done, i noticed a voice coming from driving side hub like something is touching with rotors, n when i apply brake it increases, so i jacked it up and open the calipers, ask my bro to press break repeatedly, what i notice that break piston was not working like it had to be, it was too slowly coming out and really take tough time to get back in, so i had to do it manually, i lifted up its seal when it was completely out n find out that it was complete dry o.0, but Y? does fluid was not reaching at there? it was like almost jammed, so i took a injection e.g siring, and filled it with brake fluid and splash it inside the piston thought seal when it was almost wet and pretty greased i applied brake again and it went inn back. and pack everything back and get a test drive, now it was smooth and no more voices, i know its a temporary totkaa but how do i fix it completely ?please guide and suggest
    I think you have serviced it well, just ensure the the rubber seal/boot of the brake cylinder is not cracked or damaged. It will not allow any dust/water to enter and cause trouble.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well the AC wire which comes out from ignition and goes into the fuse box and then to the dash board and other connection is this blue wire which i shown in pic , 2 clips are shown in this pic , the smaller one is of the ignition key beeper , and the biger one directelly go into the ignition switch , carriying battery connection and comming out is ACC , key on and starter connection ,

further more you can check the post in which i mention how to instal a securuty system in cultus
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - 368195
    thanks. will try this in my card.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default cultus 2005 cooling system

Aslam o alikum I have an issue with my cultus 2005 cooling system. I got serviced my double core radiator 3 days back because it was pretty much blocked with rust particles. So radiator guy cleaned it and reinstall back. Second day of service I checked radiator condition and there was again rust particles showing big enough to block water core inside the radiator. I flushed all the water and washed the radiator by myself and again filled with plain water just for check and after 60 Km of running it is again blocking the water ways inside radiator. I need to know that where from the rust coming as I have replaced both main water hoses of radiator and also main water body iron pipe last month. Old iron pipe was leaking coolant it was also damaged by rust. Normally I used 50-50 coolant water composition in my car.
    Need expert’s suggestion to control this rust.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazo View Post

well first tell me how you have pushed back the piston before installing the new pads ? have you hammered it in ?
    and the moment of piston is almost unnoticeable , you may feel its standing still but infect its pressing on pads , there is no spring system which pushes the piston back (as you see in rear wheel cylinders)
    you remove that seal which only protects the piston from dust , there is no oil under the seal , oil is under the piston mean on the other side of piston , its all normal ,
    and with out seeing any pic i cant say from where that sound is comming ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=smijaz;3229521]I brought the head assembly to kharadia (lathe workshop) as it is as one of the cam shaft cap bolt was slipping in ring and i didnt had a deep socket to open it up.

i also face the same problem , the 10mm bolts which holds the cam shaft caps were having lose threads , so i buy four 3 inch bolts with a thread of 1/4-20, i always have complete sets of hand taps and dies , simply tap the the threads down and then use a die to make thread on that 3 inch bolt , and later i cut its head down and gave it a shape like stud , later i also hand tap the tapet cover 10 mm nuts so that i can fit on a bolt of 1/4-20

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam 2 @all
    Guyz tell me can we install power steering in mehran,alto,coure,cultus,bolan and santro club???
    ALONE
    BUT HAPPY

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amansoor View Post
    Aslam o alikum I have an issue with my cultus 2005 cooling system. I got serviced my double core radiator 3 days back because it was pretty much blocked with rust particles. So radiator guy cleaned it and reinstall back. Second day of service I checked radiator condition and there was again rust particles showing big enough to block water core inside the radiator. I flushed all the water and washed the radiator by myself and again filled with plain water just for check and after 60 Km of running it is again blocking the water ways inside radiator. I need to know that where from the rust coming as I have replaced both main water hoses of radiator and also main water body iron pipe last month. Old iron pipe was leaking coolant it was also damaged by rust. Normally I used 50-50 coolant water composition in my car.
    Need expert’s suggestion to control this rust.

well there is lot of rust in the water jackets of engine and also in a small radiator of heating system , you can use radiator flushing liquid to flush all the system , but its some times risky as it can damage the head gaskit , i also having similar problem in my other car , but i will do it in my own way , i will use a lahore cooler water pump to flush all the system , radiator will be flushed seperatelly , need to remove the T valve before flushing , will do it near future

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus CNG air blockage

helo friends , you may have already seen that air passage of air filter need to blocked in CNG cars , the factory fitted CNG cars come with a cone shape adopter which blocks almost 50% passage , there is no such blockage in non factory fitted CNG cars and we need to block the air in of air filter with a solution tape , one the viewer has asked me for that so i am posting its pic , i believe if i totally remove this air blockage then my car will perform very well on petrol , but obviously zero performace on CNG , if you plan to run your your FF car on petrol for a long period of time then i suggest you temporarily remove this blockage and fit it back when you again shift back on dual fuel ,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368719 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368720 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368721 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368722 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368723 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368724 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368725

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sheikhmunda97 View Post
    salam 2 @all
    Guyz tell me can we install power steering in mehran,alto,coure,cultus,bolan and santro club???

yes you can instal in all these cars but i have a doubt on bolan , the easy way is to instal a EPS mean electic power stearing , its more efficent and have no mentaince , easy to instal , just change the stearing column , i have a plan to instal that in my car , lets see when i do all that , i will cost you between 6 to 6.5 K with installation ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes you can instal in all these cars but i have a doubt on bolan , the easy way is to instal a EPS mean electic power stearing , its more efficent and have no mentaince , easy to instal , just change the stearing column , i have a plan to instal that in my car , lets see when i do all that , i will cost you between 6 to 6.5 K with installation ,
    Thank u. u r a real good friend
    ALONE
    BUT HAPPY

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well first tell me how you have pushed back the piston before installing the new pads ? have you hammered it in ?
    and the moment of piston is almost unnoticeable , you may feel its standing still but infect its pressing on pads , there is no spring system which pushes the piston back (as you see in rear wheel cylinders)
    you remove that seal which only protects the piston from dust , there is no oil under the seal , oil is under the piston mean on the other side of piston , its all normal ,
    and with out seeing any pic i cant say from where that sound is comming ,
    no i didn't hammered it, let me post pics how i do it.
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368867 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -368869

all the sounds was gone after oiling but still i hear a lil when i apply break. so i was wondering that this piston needs service? or brake fluid is not reaching at this spot?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^n i forgot to mention, the seal of the piston was fine no leak nor damaged so pull it over again with care.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

User Tag List