51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    I have query,

I have cleaned up all six hydraulic lifters from inside and out. Used carb cleaner and brush with petrol to clean the inner parts. While assembling I used engine oil to coat the internal pistons and spring etc. Now they all are empty (No oil in them) and just have equal spring tension in the center piston.

Question is will they fill them selves from the side port after they are installed and run on certain rpms for sometime with tapping noise or there is another way to avoid such tapping.

the lifters will fill them self with in 1 or 2 min and some time under 30 sec , means you will listen a lifters noice on first start up , they is nothing serious in it and leave the engine on idle for few min until that noice vanish , also keep looking at the oil light on speedo meter , that light wont switch off until all the oil lines are pressure filled by oil pump , so leaving the engine on idle for few min is must ,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    if you have a temp sensor that does not make sense, it would be the heat switch to cut-off the A/C compressor on high engine temperature, These sort were equipped on the margalla too, the later suzukis sometimes had a switch clamped onto the radiator inlet pipe with a wire going to and from it.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah you are right , i attach pic of both sensors , but there is some difference in both of them , one senses the radiator inlet water temp , and the other one which is clamped on the radiator outlet pipe senses the radiator outlet water temp, the sensor which sences the radiator inlet water temp looks almost like the temp guage sensor , when i got this car that sensor is attached by the speedo meter display through a jump cable , a big blunder from some electrician , guage wont work at all and it takes lot of time to restore all the wiring ,

In the older case, the wire was the "ground" part of the A/C compressor relay coil. A hot engine would lose this ground and the A/C compressor would disengage but the cooling fans would keep on running.

btw - if someone shorted the manifold heater pipes - I would love to give them a square kick in the nads because it could easily result in a cracked manifold too. The heating is done to aid vaporisation of the fuel in the manifold specially at low rpm because the manifold runner length is next to nothing in this engine.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,almost every AC mechanic will suggest you to do that blunder of crossing the heater connections ,

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371341 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371342 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371343

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - 371337
    After making the connection like that driving about 10Km on CNG car started missing.I switched it on to petrol it ran ok.After a while I selected neutral on CNG switch to burn the petrol in Carb to switch back to CNG the car kept running. After checking I found that the petrol is coming from the return pipe only.My fuel pump connections are OK, petrol only comes when the IGN key is ON and the CNG switch is at petrol.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazaryab View Post
    After making the connection like that driving about 10Km on CNG car started missing.I switched it on to petrol it ran ok.After a while I selected neutral on CNG switch to burn the petrol in Carb to switch back to CNG the car kept running. After checking I found that the petrol is coming from the return pipe only.My fuel pump connections are OK, petrol only comes when the IGN key is ON and the CNG switch is at petrol.
    if the connections are made acoriding to the above mentioned pic then no way fuel can come back from the return pipe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you check the fuel tank breather pipe may be its block and cant able to relase the fuel tank pressure ,,,,,,,,,,,,,the only way it gets is that return pipe and fuel also travels with it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you ever feel pressure release when you open the fuel tank cap ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By running the fuel pipes like you have redone, you will essentially make the fuel pump die immediately as it would see a blocked face.

The reason it was done by Pak suzuki in their way was to make sure that fuel could actually be returned to the tank when the solenoid closed off.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For the ND A/C system heat switch - trace the wire from the fuse box to the A/C relay. It should go to the negative circuit of the relay coil.

The switch is a simple on/off switch activated by engine temperature.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what's the function of small coolant pipe connected from "big engine coolantat outlet pipe to manifold" near Servo brake vaccume port. it's only one small pipe no return pipe for this.

thanx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sajjad76 View Post
    what's the function of small coolant pipe connected from "big engine coolantat outlet pipe to manifold" near Servo brake vaccume port. it's only one small pipe no return pipe for this.

thanx
    it is return pipe itself which take coolant from temp sensor and its other end is connected to water pump inlet main pipe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By running the fuel pipes like you have redone, you will essentially make the fuel pump die immediately as it would see a blocked face.

The reason it was done by Pak suzuki in their way was to make sure that fuel could actually be returned to the tank when the solenoid closed off.
    Xulfiqar bhai, paksuzuki routes the fuel lines in the same way as per the above new configuration. What they didnt do was to cut power to fuel pump when on CNG. I have faced a dead fuel pump myself. Installed a new one and then wired it to CNG switch so that when the solenoid is off, it turns off the fuel pump as well.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    if the connections are made acoriding to the above mentioned pic then no way fuel can come back from the return pipe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you check the fuel tank breather pipe may be its block and cant able to relase the fuel tank pressure ,,,,,,,,,,,,,the only way it gets is that return pipe and fuel also travels with it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you ever feel pressure release when you open the fuel tank cap ?
    Blocked breather pipe could be a reason.Because it happens after travelling few Kms,when the pressure buits up in the tank. Your car is FF cng see if there ia one way valve in the return path to stop the fuel coming from the tank to return line?

Xulfiqar:
    Is that in all cases of electric fuel pumps that the fuel keep circulating through the return pipe even the pump is OFF?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Where is EGR Valve in Cultus ?

Hi,
    Any body knows where is EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Valve ?

Thanx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is NO EGR Valve in Pak suzuki Cultus

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any one have Cultus carby electrical diagram with wire colours index please.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazaryab View Post
    any one have Cultus carby electrical diagram with wire colours index please.
    i am also looking for that for some time ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you mean we have to alter the fuel line connection which are originally made by pak suzuki and done in that way so that fuel can go back to fuel tank when the CNG fuel solenoid is swtich off ? i attached its pic have a look at that

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371629

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For the ND A/C system heat switch - trace the wire from the fuse box to the A/C relay. It should go to the negative circuit of the relay coil.

The switch is a simple on/off switch activated by engine temperature.
    check this pic , the heat sensor is clear in it , and i will trace that wire soon when i will overhaul the AC system
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371630

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Fuel Tank Vent/breather pipe

this is the cultus fuel tank vent/breather pipe , althought this 07 cultus is not a high milage car but still i found that its breather/vent of fuel tank is all blocked , so i gave it a simple clean , its located near the rear left tyre , also i have checked that the carb fuel return pipe has a built in no return valve / check valve in it so that fuel cant return back if the vent pipe is blocked and pressure built up in tank ,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371633 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371634 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371635 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371636 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371637 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371638 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -371639

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can you post a more complete description of the heat switch diagram - by the scheme it looks like a normally open switch thats going to the A/C amplifier.

On a full manual system this would trip a SPDT relay to "disconnect" the A/C main current wire. The last time I worked on a margalla was long ago - and racking my head I believe there was a cutoff relay in the system. The problem is that I dont remember did this relay function alone or with a companion relay.

Test the temperature on what this switch operates, then make a self cool down system through a timer (5 or 10 minutes), meaning that with engine off and hot - if this switch trips, a 5 minute timer should open up a power circuit to enable the radiator fan to run with the engine off - it should go off once this switch closes or the timer trips.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    Xulfiqar bhai, paksuzuki routes the fuel lines in the same way as per the above new configuration. What they didnt do was to cut power to fuel pump when on CNG. I have faced a dead fuel pump myself. Installed a new one and then wired it to CNG switch so that when the solenoid is off, it turns off the fuel pump as well.
    The original fuel pump setup is wired by the alternator "warning light" circuit - with alternator running and it working the warning light circuit goes from negative ground to 14V positive - this positive is used by the fuel pump to run.

Pak suzuki did the fuel cutoff like it is - was to keep the pump running like it should otherwise it would have been another wiring journey to make the fuel pump work on petrol and not on CNG.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A bit confusion here in my understanding. Would you suggest that the fuel pump should keep running on CNG as well provided that the return line is before solenoid??

I thought it should be better to turn the fuel pump ON only when FUEL solenoid is energised. In this case, return line can be routed after solenoid.

Regarding the wire routing issue, you just need to disconnect the pump +ve and connect it to solenoid +ve near the CNG switch. Not a big issue. Is usually done near driver side foot panel.
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 74 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

User Tag List