51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mirzahadi View Post
    I have a couple of problems with my Cultus 2006. I was just wondering if I should open a new thread on that or start posting here. Thanks
    what problems do your cultus have ?

3. 19-02-2012, 05:00 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranbhatti View Post
    Well I checked one of my friends car which is VXR 2007 model with FF CNG & T valve claimed not to be removed & that car's Temp Guage response is also same as in mine. I Doubt that the earlier model sold in pakistan are equiped with 88 C T valve while the later ones are sold with 82 C by paksuzuki. Thepage # 380 of Instruction manual also says that operating temp is 88 C. Have u check ur car on Highway in cold weather? i believe with 82 C T Valve it shud be same as i posted in previous pics Coz Radiator Fan triggers On at above 91 C & that time Temp guage needle is almost in half so the difffence of ~10 Degree C on temp guage must reflect this much diffrence.

thats what i obeserved today evening while travelling within city on a very cold day , guage right in mid during all drive, its equiped with 82 DC original T valve and radiator fan was also on auto
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372619

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suggestion regarding cooling system flushing

helo friends , today i buy few thing for my car including this Guard coolant in 4 liter packing and also this radiator cleaner , also buy car top cover because summer season is ahead , plz suggest me this cheap radiator cleaner is worth to use or not ,,,,,,,,,,,,,it cost just 50 Rs and made by same company which also makes "sweep" which is used for wash room cleaning ,,,,,,,,,,,,,also will gave a coolant test by putting it in freezer , right now i just checked that my kitchen freezer is full up to its mouth and deep freezer is off and not in use because of winter , will later gave it a test and share here on PW ,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372620 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372621 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372622 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372623 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372625

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

better switch to caltex coolant,it keeps the radiator from rusting, tried and tested

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Heater service, part 1 of 2

helo PWs , in this post i will show you how to service your cultus heating system , its hidden deep under the dash board and you have to remove each and every thing to acess it , dash board , speedo meter , AC fan blower , steering column , you can check my previous posts to learn how to remove all these things , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,no need to remove the AC evaporator to remove the heating system,,,,,,,,,,,its really a very very long process to pull all these things out , so i suggest service it only in must to do case ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i remove all these things to insulate my car and do some wiring repair so i service the heating system because its already out from car and later found thats its not in bad shape , may be its previous owner has never use the heater , for cleaning i wont recomend to wash the casing , because the foam seals inside the casing can easily be destroyed with water , so batter gave it a dry clean with wet cloth , for cleaning the heating radiator you can use surf or if its blocked from inside then take it to the radiator cleaning shop and ask him to clean/serice this small radiator as they clean the engine radiator, any how check the pic ,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372677 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372678 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372679 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372680 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372681 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372683 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372684 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372685 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372686 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372689 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372698 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372699 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372700 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372701 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372702

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Heater service, part 2 of 2

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372707 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372708 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372709 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372710 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372711 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372712 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372713 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372714 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372715 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372716 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372717 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372719 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372720 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372721 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372722

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    a simple rectifier diode wired in parallel with an inductive load can also be used as a snubber ?
    That'll work too in all simplicity too
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

isn't there any possibility to pull it out from side without removing all of dashboard? my heater only gives out slightly warm air and i want to service it but to remove all dashboard.. that would be a problem.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what problems do your cultus have ?
    OK, from now on I am going to post all my problems here. The ultimate goal being to bring the car to factory settings. Before further elaboration, a little background on my car.

My father bought this 2006 Cultus brand new. I belong to a farming family so this car went through a lot rough time. By the time I got my hands on this car, it had multiple heat issues and horrible suspension noises which it still has. My father didn't find coolant to be a very attractive option so the car was running on water for all these years.

Car's mileage is around 75k.

To the specifics. The car has the following problems:

1- The perennial problem of coolant reduction. The coolant reduces slowly to a point that I have to top of the reservoir once every two days. No visible leakage anywhere in the car. No signs of water or milky stuff on the oil check rod. No white smoke in the exhaust. Head gasket was changed about a month ago. I have no idea what kind of job the mechanics did. Maybe the head is warped?? How to check? The car had a lot of rusty stuff when I put a coolant in it. Even the temperature gauge wouldn't work because of the rust deposits formed in front of it. I haven't done a proper flush, so any idea will be really appreciated.

2- Morning starts need a heavy foot on accelerator. There is that dig dig dig noise when car starts. The car drops RPM if I let go of the pedal. The choke, I guess that is what it is called, kicks in after half a minute and the car smooths out. All this on CNG, didn't try on patrol.

3- First gear requires considerable push to engage. Other gears seem fine.

4- Heater doesn't work. I guess its clogged because of those years of rust inside the hoses.

5- There is rattling in the steering.

5- Fan switch will only work on second position. Nothing comes from the vents on the first. Do you think this is the solution: Geometroforum

6- Passenger door lock is not smooth. It doesn't go to one side or the other in a click. It has to be pushed on either side, or it remains in the middle.

I also had a problem with jerks but they went away with the change of plug wires. I have also bought a new distributor cap and rotor which I am going to switch very soon.

I am planning on doing everything myself. This car is not going to be gutted in another repair shop. I am in the process of gathering all the required tools.

Question for Xulfiqar - I can't find Threebond 1209. Will 1104 work? How about Permatex Ultra Black? And what is your opinion about seafoam?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is also signs oil leakage on the head cover. I wonder if its the bolts or the pcv valve?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=mirzahadi;3244388]OK, from now on I am going to post all my problems here. The ultimate goal being to bring the car to factory settings. Before further elaboration, a little background on my car.

My father bought this 2006 Cultus brand new. I belong to a farming family so this car went through a lot rough time. By the time I got my hands on this car, it had multiple heat issues and horrible suspension noises which it still has. My father didn't find coolant to be a very attractive option so the car was running on water for all these years.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fround suspension control arm need to repair or replace ,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is not too much to repair in rear suspension ,,,,,,,,,check the rear suspension spring packing , if found damaged then change it with the original one , local wont work and also local packing effects the car hight ,,,,,,,,,,,

1- The perennial problem of coolant reduction. The coolant reduces slowly to a point that I have to top of the reservoir once every two days. No visible leakage anywhere in the car. No signs of water or milky stuff on the oil check rod. No white smoke in the exhaust. Head gasket was changed about a month ago. I have no idea what kind of job the mechanics did. Maybe the head is warped?? How to check? The car had a lot of rusty stuff when I put a coolant in it. Even the temperature gauge wouldn't work because of the rust deposits formed in front of it. I haven't done a proper flush, so any idea will be really appreciated.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you ever notice air bubbles leaking from the radiator cap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,to check start the engine , pull the radiator cap off ,,,,,,,,,then check for air bubbles ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you see air bubbles leaking from head gas kit then it means the gaskit is still leak and this problem can be solved by changing the gas kit alone,,,,,,,,,,you need to resurface the head face ,,,,,,,,,,if you dont see any air bubbles then check the radiator cap and also some sighns of leak on water pump pully ,,

2- Morning starts need a heavy foot on accelerator. There is that dig dig dig noise when car starts. The car drops RPM if I let go of the pedal. The choke, I guess that is what it is called, kicks in after half a minute and the car smooths out. All this on CNG, didn't try on patrol.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that dig dig sound is of huudralic lifters,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that sound goes off after some time or keep comming,,,,,,,,,in normal condition it must vanish with in 10 to 20 seconds ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if keep comming then either your oil pump is working on very very low pressure or the hyudralic lifters are lose enough in there bore that they case an oil leak ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if they are lose in there bore then you have to change all the head,,,,,,,,,,,oil pump pressure can be checked by a pressure guage ,,,,,,,,,,soon i will post all its process,

3- First gear requires considerable push to engage. Other gears seem fine.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,this happens when engine is off or happens while its running and car is stationary ? ,if this happens only when you start the engine in morning then its normal ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if it happens while car is moving then first check the clutch cable tension,,,,,,,,,if not solved then you may need to change the first gear synchronizer ring,,,,,,,,,,,check gear overhalling in my previous post,,,,,,,,,,

4- Heater doesn't work. I guess its clogged because of those years of rust inside the hoses.,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes its all clogged as the whole cooling system ,,,,,,,,,,,,,need to remove all that and flush it check the above post how to remove it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can use some radiator flushing liquid to flush all the system , there are some imported brands availabe in market , i check last day and found see one in 200 Rs ,,,,,,,,but some times its dangerous and can cause a gas kit leak,,,,,,,

5- There is rattling in the steering.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,repair it from some good "kharadiya" ,,,,,,,,will cost you 400 Rs in total,,,,,,,,,,,,dont replace it with a chinese stearing ,,,,,,,,if need replace then go for a kabli one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,new/japaese is way toooo expesnive,,,

5- Fan switch will only work on second position. Nothing comes from the vents on the first. Do you think this is the solution: Geometroforum,,,,,,,,,,,,,that can be a problem/solution but i guess the resistance in the blower motors are worn off ,,,,,,,,,they are very sensitive and fragile,,,,,,,,,,,,,,look like a spring , 4 spring in total each for one speed,,,,,,,,check its pic in attachment ,,,,,,,,,,,,may be one of the spring which controls the low speed (which also gets max load) worn off ,

6- Passenger door lock is not smooth. It doesn't go to one side or the other in a click. It has to be pushed on either side, or it remains in the middle.,,,,,,,,,,,,,its a common problem in cultus,,,,,,,,its door locks levers and mirrors are never been smooth as they must be ,,,,,,,,,,,,,any good denter can open/grease them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well check my previous post to lubricate them,,,,,,,,,

I also had a problem with jerks but they went away with the change of plug wires. I have also bought a new distributor cap and rotor which I am going to switch very soon.,,,,,,,,,,,,,you mention head cover is leak ,,,,,,,i guess oil is spilling on plug wires and causes them to malfunction ,its batter that you change it ,,,,,,,,,,,,changing distributer cap and rotor is also a good practice after heavy milage,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am planning on doing everything myself. This car is not going to be gutted in another repair shop. I am in the process of gathering all the required tools. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,some professional hands need for gear job and head gaskit ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you can handel then its good ,

There is also signs oil leakage on the head cover. I wonder if its the bolts or the pcv valve?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is no oil under the PCV valve,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,oil cant come from there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is a O ring under it and air can leak from it if O ring fails ,,,,,,,,,,,you can check how to change it in my previous post of carb service,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and head cover mean jan is leak ,,,,,,,,,,,change it ,,,,,,,,,,,,my car also have a leak jan and will replace it soon,,,,,,,,,also check the disributer O ring , some time it leaks but seems like the head jan is leak ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,conform first ,,,,,,,but jan and O ring cost cheap so batter change both ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Question for Xulfiqar - I can't find Threebond 1209. Will 1104 work? How about Permatex Ultra Black? And what is your opinion about seafoam?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xzap042 View Post
    isn't there any possibility to pull it out from side without removing all of dashboard? my heater only gives out slightly warm air and i want to service it but to remove all dashboard.. that would be a problem.

no dear you need to pull every thing out to service heater ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    That'll work too in all simplicity too
    i change the replay with a ND relay which has a built in rectifier diode in it , i guess that will work

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Blower motor resistance

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372880 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -372881

17. 20-02-2012, 06:52 PM

Site Banned

18. 20-02-2012, 07:17 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    not needed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    no dear you need to pull every thing out to service heater ,
    guess i'll leave the internal dusting and clean the interior of heater using the inlet outlet pipes, lets see how much it helps

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xzap042 View Post
    guess i'll leave the internal dusting and clean the interior of heater using the inlet outlet pipes, lets see how much it helps

yes it is posible , flushing from inside with radiator cleaner is posible , but if the air fins are blocked then you have to remove it ,,,,,,,,,,,check the air thorw ,,,,,,,,,,,air throw will be effected and reduces if fins are blocked ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if air flow is ok then flush the heater system with radiator cleaner,,,,,,,,

once i clean that on mehran by lahore room cooler water pump,,,,,,,,,,remove the pipes of heater ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,extent the inlet and out with pipes up to 5 feet app,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,connect one end with pump outlet,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,put that pump in a tub,,,,,,,,fill it with water till the pump propeller submerged,,,,,,,add some cleaner in water,,,,,,,,and run it for some it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dont try that on engine ,,,,,,,,,,,,gas kit can leak

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1104 will work - just make sure the surfaces you are sealing are perfectly flat, it they are are warped it can leak out.

seafoam is a great cleaner - where are you willing to use it?? Its usually dumped into petrol. Some people use it to decarbonise the combustion chambers.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you ever notice air bubbles leaking from the radiator
    I checked it this morning. The coolant surges out slowly but no bubbles. This car has a thermostat valve in and the fan is automatic.

you need to resurface the head face
    In case I need to resurface the head, will the block also be resurfaced? Any particular dimensions I need to keep in mind?

that dig dig sound is of huudralic lifters,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that sound goes off after some time or keep comming,,,,,,,,,in normal condition it must vanish with in 10 to 20 seconds
    The dig dig sound would go off after 10 to 20 second. Interestingly, today the car started without me giving any push or any dig dig sound and went straight to 2500 RPM and statyed there until I nudged the accelerator pedal a bit after that it came down to around 1100RPM. I guess the broken rubber seal of the distributor cap which I changed has something to do with that. I am not sure the problem is solved or not.

this happens when engine is off or happens while its running and car is stationary ? ,if this happens only when you start the engine in morning then its normal ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if it happens while car is moving then first check the clutch cable tension,
    I think it happens when the car is running. I just have to push it a little more to the left to engage. I am going to check the clutch cable tension.

yes its all clogged as the whole cooling system ,,,,,,,,,,,,,need to remove all that and flush it check the above post how to remove it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can use some radiator flushing liquid to flush all the system , there are some imported brands availabe in market
    Can you name some of the good brands?

repair it from some good "kharadiya" ,,,,,,,,will cost you 400 Rs in total,,,,,,,,,,,,dont replace it with a chinese stearing ,,,,,,,,if need replace then go for a kabli one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,new/japaese is way toooo expesnive,,,
    What is a kharadiya? Do you mean kabardiya? What is meant by Kabli?

you mention head cover is leak ,,,,,,,i guess oil is spilling on plug wires and causes them to malfunction ,its batter that you change it ,,,,,,,,,,,,changing distributer cap and rotor is also a good practice after heavy milage,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    I don't think the oil is spilling over the plug wires because the apparent leak is on the side of the pcv valve. The leak goes all the the way to the distributor, so may be be the distributor might be leaking?? I have attached pictures from my crappy phone camera.

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373118

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373119

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373120

The car starts on first crank on patrol but takes a couple of cranks on CNG. I think that is because of the spark plug gap. It used to start on first crank before spark plugs were changed. Any suggestion?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1104 will work - just make sure the surfaces you are sealing are perfectly flat, it they are are warped it can leak out.

seafoam is a great cleaner - where are you willing to use it?? Its usually dumped into petrol. Some people use it to decarbonise the combustion chambers.
    I am going to put seafoam about 200km before oil change in the gas tank. It will clean things up really good.

Can you also recommend some good brands for NGLI00 and NGLI2 greases?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where did you get the seafoam in gujranwala?

and for the 00 grease cofran and emarat sold them in Karachi - in sizes from 500 gms to 2500 gms. For NLGI2 - the choices are quite a lot in mineral sourced grease, mobil is now selling their old Blue tube again I have heard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 74 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

User Tag List