51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where did you get the seafoam in gujranwala?
    I didn't. Something as exotic as seafoam, especially in a place like Sargodha, will equal a holy grail. I have a friend coming over from Canada. I will make him tow it along.

BTW, can you suggest some good web sources to understand cars and their troubleshooting. Books will also be good. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was trying to get hold of CULTUS electrical diagram for agoodfriend and for myself.A friend of mine managed to get a photocopy of the 3S workshop manual electrical pages.Its not exactly which I requested .I am posting this anyway.It may help some one reading the thread to trace the main wiring rout.
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373199

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373200

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373201

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373202

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373203

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373204

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373205

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373206

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way which Engine oil are you using? I am using ZIC A 10W-40 API SN mileage is 90K.So far no oil reduction or smoke issue.thinking to switch on to Caltex Havellin 20-50 for summer. What you say??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazaryab View Post
    By the way which Engine oil are you using? I am using ZIC A 10W-40 API SN mileage is 90K.So far no oil reduction or smoke issue.thinking to switch on to Caltex Havellin 20-50 for summer. What you say??

well its really nice that you got this wiring harness diagram , i will check that tomorrow in detail right now i havent sleep for last almost 3 nights so tonight sleep early,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i am using caltex havoline for last many many years , a friend of mine has a shop in lahore badami bagh he send me its carton which is i am sure is 100% original ,,,,,,,i belive not to change the engine oil brand , just stay stick with what you are using ,,,,,i even use same oil in my power generator and change it after 100 working hours,,,,,,,,,,,,,,zic is best and also littel expensive ,,,,,,,,,today i service my 07 cultus distributer,,,,,,,,,,,before opeing i thought that there is nothing to service in it but its rotor and cap is all damaged ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because of that car wont start in moring,,,,,,,,,,,,,,seems like it has a weak battery but all day no starting issuse,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will later share that ,,,,,,,,,,,,
    i also have one contact at suzuki 3S , he can provide me the parts book of SF-310 , but i havent go there for last many weeks , i try to collect it soon , the one availabe on internet is of no use , they are quite different from the one we are using in pak ,
    see you later

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    helo friends , today i buy few thing for my car including this Guard coolant in 4 liter packing and also this radiator cleaner , also buy car top cover because summer season is ahead , plz suggest me this cheap radiator cleaner is worth to use or not ,,,,,,,,,,,,,it cost just 50 Rs and made by same company which also makes "sweep" which is used for wash room cleaning ,,,,,,,,,,,,,also will gave a coolant test by putting it in freezer , right now i just checked that my kitchen freezer is full up to its mouth and deep freezer is off and not in use because of winter , will later gave it a test and share here on PW ,
    Did you check guard antifreeze by putting it in freezer. what's the results please inform

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amansoor View Post
    Did you check guard antifreeze by putting it in freezer. what's the results please inform
    no dear havent touch that coolant since i buy , freezer is still full ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i will make 2 specimens out of it ,,,,,,,,,,,,one is pure coolant and other is 40:60 with water , also need to arrange distalled water from some medical store at bohar bazar rwp , will share all that when i put that on test ,,,,,,,,no way i fill my car with that coolant with out giving it a test ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazaryab View Post
    I was trying to get hold of CULTUS electrical diagram for agoodfriend and for myself.A friend of mine managed to get a photocopy of the 3S workshop manual electrical pages.Its not exactly which I requested .I am posting this anyway.It may help some one reading the thread to trace the main wiring rout.

i have checked that , this is just for wiring harness routing , not same but similar and help full , i pointed out one thing in it , noise suppressor , when i work on wiring i wounder what this is for , i see similar thing under the dash board at the right corner , that one was diode bride i guess and supply current to fuel pump ,
    i guess there is no such car as we are using under paksuzuki label with 100% similar specs in any where in the world

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373801 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373802 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -373803

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ aka condenser for local people - it should be 0.47uF
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    ^^ aka condenser for local people - it should be 0.47uF
    i remember there is a similar thing fitted with the generator cutout of fx , which looks like a condenser,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374102

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmmm nice effort..... i hope its rebuilding phase is completed now!!
    like to see the pics of rebuild cultus!!!

Regards,
    http://shoaibtalib.wordpress.com/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syed-shoaib View Post
    hmmmmm nice effort..... i hope its rebuilding phase is completed now!!
    like to see the pics of rebuild cultus!!!

Regards,

thanks dear , yeah its all completed and now car is in daily use , just one last thing left is AC overhaulling ,
    car performs as good as new , will share some before and after pic soon ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus distributor service, part 1 of 4

helo guys , my 07 cultus shows some strange problem , in morning it respondes as it has a weak battery but all day no problem at all , i jump start it many times and check the battery which is almost 1.5 year old , it was giving full 14 Volt , means no problem in it , then look for generator , it was giving almost 15 Volt on idle , no problem there as well , then i look for its ignition timing which was still on same adjustement as done by the paksuzuki , i found its disturbed and dont know it was advane of before but it was disturbed , later open the distributer cam and found that its electrodes are all damaged and also the rotor tip is damaged which i was not expecting , there was some massive oil leaks from head cover and distributer , oil even leaks inside the distributer , right now in this service i havent change the distributer cap and rotor becuase i was not willing to go to market at that time , so i just clean them off with sand paper and later found that they are giving perfect result , any how i will change them soon and also look for high performance spart plugs and plug leads as well , i have no idea about that so if any one from PW gave me suggestion regarding high performance spark plugs and lead ,

second thing i set the clearance between pick up coil and pole piece as 0.15mm , dont know the acutal one , if some one know about that then plz share here , but the engine is respoding very well after all that service , i adjust the ignition timing manually by just my experence which is really not a good way to go , later will adjust it with timing gun with pin point accuracy,

distributer O ring was all leak and there was some massive oil leak from there , so i change that too , also i noticed that the O ring under the PCV valve was also hard enough that it cant seal it properlly , i guess thats a common problem in cultus because i have seen similar problem in my other cultus as well , any how i change both of the O rings ,

few days before i go to a shop at gawal mandi rwp to buy some parts , there i see a shop who deals only in jan/gaskits , i ask about greay silicon from them , luckily they have that grey silicon , cost 180 Rs , also search for silicon and rubber grease from lubricant shops , they even dont aware of there names , means its really hard to find silicon and rubber grease atleast in twin cities ,

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374181 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374182 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374183 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374184 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374185 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374186 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374187 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374188 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374189 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374190 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374192 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374193 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374194 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374195 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374196

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus distributor service, part 2 of 4

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374231 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374233 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374236 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374237 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374238 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374239 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374240 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374241 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374242 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374243 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374244 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374245 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374246 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374247 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374248

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus distributor service, part 3 of 4

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374303 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374304 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374306 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374308 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374310 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374313 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374314 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374315 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374316 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374317 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374320 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374323 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374325 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374326 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374327

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

excellent effort hats off to u !!
    Crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have sf310 complete manual book. if it is helpful i can scan it and upload.i guess it is for both version carburetor and EFI.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mazamwarraich View Post
    i have sf310 complete manual book. if it is helpful i can scan it and upload.i guess it is for both version carburetor and EFI.
    that would be really helpful.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mazamwarraich View Post

That would be wonderful if you could kindly upload the manual meant for local cultus (carb model)
    I Hope it is different from the one available on internet with 557 pages saying that " This SUPPLEMENTARY SERVICE MANUAL is a supplement to SF SERIES SERVICE MANUALS
    mentioned in next page and has been prepared exclusively for the following applicable model.
    Applicable model: SF310/SF413 of and after the vehicle identification numbers below.
    Vehicle Identification Number (Vehicle Specification)
    TSMMAA44S00600001 (SF310 3 door H/B 2WD)
    TSMMAB44S00600001 (SF310 5 door H/B 2WD)
    TSMMAA35S00600001 (SF413 3 door H/B 2WD)
    TSMMAB35S00600001 (SF413 5 door H/B 2WD)
    TSMMAB35S10600001 (SF413 5 door H/B 2WD)
    TSMMSF35S00600001 (SF413 3 door H/B 4WD)
    TSMMSG35S00600001 (SF413 5 door H/B 4WD)
    TSMMAH35S00600001 (SF413 4 door N/B 2WD)
    TSMMAH35S10600001 (SF413 4 door N/B 2WD)
    ......etc
    Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hats off to those people who share thier knowledge.

To share my experience, once an electrician was installing relays in the headlights of my car. I asked him that Ustaad G if it fails how would I know that it is relay issue. First of all he ignored my question and after pressing him a little bit he said it was beyond you people to work on these things. That day I came back, resorted to internet and after spending sometime on the relays and how to install them, I successfully dismantled all of them and re-intalled them myself. It was my first ladder to DIY jobs.

Once again, Thanks everyone and especially a goodfriend.
    Keep it up &
    Jazak Allah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sarfraz5678 View Post
    Hats off to those people who share thier knowledge.

To share my experience, once an electrician was installing relays in the headlights of my car. I asked him that Ustaad G if it fails how would I know that it is relay issue. First of all he ignored my question and after pressing him a little bit he said it was beyond you people to work on these things. That day I came back, resorted to internet and after spending sometime on the relays and how to install them, I successfully dismantled all of them and re-intalled them myself. It was my first ladder to DIY jobs.

Once again, Thanks everyone and especially a goodfriend.
    Keep it up &
    Jazak Allah
    I can bet you did a far neater job than him too
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 74 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

User Tag List