51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Xulfiqar sb. The biggest advantage to me was that I could drive my car with much confidence after I started DIY (Do-it-Yourself) job. For many long years I drove Mehran and knew each and everything about my little car. Many bills were also saved. Few few basic tools and one can start doing basic jobs with utmost satisfaction.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

save the seal, i don't think its available spair
    This seal can be be found from the Suzuki dedicated parts shop. I bought two about a week ago from Sargodha when I serviced the distributor. It cost Rs. 25.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mazamwarraich View Post
    i have sf310 complete manual book. if it is helpful i can scan it and upload.i guess it is for both version carburetor and EFI.

it will be really nice , first scan first few pages of it , ,,,,,,,,,,,,if it really of paksuzuki then scan all of them and post here ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sarfraz5678 View Post
    Hats off to those people who share thier knowledge.

To share my experience, once an electrician was installing relays in the headlights of my car. I asked him that Ustaad G if it fails how would I know that it is relay issue. First of all he ignored my question and after pressing him a little bit he said it was beyond you people to work on these things. That day I came back, resorted to internet and after spending sometime on the relays and how to install them, I successfully dismantled all of them and re-intalled them myself. It was my first ladder to DIY jobs.

Once again, Thanks everyone and especially a goodfriend.
    Keep it up &
    Jazak Allah

well i always say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jahil kaa samnay kamooshe bather,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i dont know how you guys gave your car in the hands of mechanics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    i dont think there is any need of relay on head lights ,,,,,,,,,,,,,this car which i overhaul have relays installed on both head lights and connected directelly to the battery ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i remove each and every thing,,,,,,,,restored all of wiring as per factory,,,,,,,,,,,,,and right now there is no dim head lights issue ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,some time you need a jumper cable from battery + to alternator output ,,,,,,,,,infect there is already a cable attached from battery+ to alternator but its resistance increases due to the passage of time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a simple jumper cable can solve the problem instead of installing relays ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Xulfiqar sb. The biggest advantage to me was that I could drive my car with much confidence after I started DIY (Do-it-Yourself) job. For many long years I drove Mehran and knew each and everything about my little car. Many bills were also saved. Few few basic tools and one can start doing basic jobs with utmost satisfaction.
    its not the bills which matter,,,,,,,,,,,,,quality of work really matters ,,,,,,,,,,especially the electrician guys,,,,,,,,,,they cut the wiring similar to the "anari" bucher on bakra eid,,,,,,,,,,in my case if i save 1000 on bills then i spend almost 1500 on buying new tools ,,,,,,,,,,,,,so money not a matter in these things ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,although i havent calculated but i guess i spend more money on this car by doing all that on my own ,,,,,,,,,,but i am satistied that there is no issue left in it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,few days before i was thinking that what part of that car i havent open,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well its the fuel tank which i havent touched,,,,,,,,,,,,rest each and every single bolt has been removed and put back in this car,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    right not gearing up for AC overhaul ,,,,,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks agoodfriend; You have made many weird things very simple thats why so many people like your thread. Not only for cultus restoration and repair but I also look towards you for guidance in repairing other car of different make.

BTW do you have any factory manual for local cultus? What is the best start in dealing with electrical issues.

Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus distributor service, part 4 of 4

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374564 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374565 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374566 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374567 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374568 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374572 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374573 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374574 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374575 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374576 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374577 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374578 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374579 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374580 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -374581

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks agoodfriend; You have made many weird things very simple thats why so many people like your thread. Not only for cultus restoration and repair but I also look towards you for guidance in repairing other car of different make.

BTW do you have any factory manual for local cultus? What is the best start in dealing with electrical issues.

Regards
    no i dont have such manual , the one supplied with car has nothing important in it , i am also looking for such manual

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A goodfriend I think after my exams I need to get into ur shagirdi and take some basic classes from you

you are doing a good job but do post something about efi cars also
    regards
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u r doing amazing job i doubt some workshop owners will put up a case against this thread n try to remove its contents u xplained everything so simple dat no1 lik 2 visit them 4 the pathetic services

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    it will be really nice , scan first few pages of it , ,,,,,,,,,,,,if it really of paksuzuki then scan all of them and post here ,
    yes it is of suzuki coy came with suzuki car of a govt dept. i took from some one. i m in search of scanner to scan it. otherwise will go to market.

i have 2004 cultus. when i took this car first problem i felt was of headlights. i inquired about headlights on pw and from people in works hops. many suggestion and ideas. finally i changed the bulbs of headlghts with 100 watts japani kioto and direction of light was towards sky, readjusted.Headlights improved but not satisfactorily as r new crystal white lights. more over holder of bulbs melted with heat. electrician installed relays and direct from battery connection. new lights of cultus price is 12000/- old from market repaired about 5000/-plse suggest wat to do.

i forgot to mention one of electrician said these lights r desi not original.

2. their is no t valve in radiator. other wise its ok working and some fins r damaged. when i took this car my mistry adviser said to me change this radiator before going to punjab. i go to Gujranwala every year this year could not due to some circumstances. but i ignored the mistry advice and i traveled to Gujranwala nothing happened. radiator still running fine.except T-valve.
    3. the previous owner also disconnect the heating system. now i know how to bring this in operational but only i want suggestion that if it should be serviced or not before operational.

other wise my car so far is fine no problem until now i when i last came back from Gujranwala i reached Karachi in 16 hours from thokar niazbaig.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=mazamwarraich;3250912]yes it is of suzuki coy came with suzuki car of a govt dept. i took from some one. i m in search of scanner to scan it. otherwise will go to market.

Dear Bro' your effort will be highly appreciated many of us DIY lover will need this manual.Looking at the speed and the crashes of pakwheels server I will suggest you if you could please make a ZIP of the scan and mail to who ever ask you.I am the one, please mail me on this address.
    shazaryab@yahoomail.com

Thanks a lot in advance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear mazamwarraich: I know it would be very hectic effort but would be great help to all of PW & DIY folks.
    Pl upload it so that everyone could benefit.
    Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear agoodfriend Kinky compare the HT wire resistance with your cables with the manual reading its little hire side.I have factory cables installed 05 90k driven

From Coil to Distribute---8.06k
    Plug one----------------12.94k
    ===two-----------------10.57k
    ===three----------------8.37 k

Ignition coil primary 0.9 to 1.0 ohm
    Secondary---------13.37 k ohm

waiting for reply.
    P.S= How much coolant should reduced in reservoir in 4 days?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mazamwarraich View Post
    yes it is of suzuki coy came with suzuki car of a govt dept. i took from some one. i m in search of scanner to scan it. otherwise will go to market.
    it will be a real treat for all the PWs if you do so,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you cant scan it then send me its photo copy by post , i have my own scanner and i will scan and post it here, i can pay you for all the expenses ,

i have 2004 cultus. when i took this car first problem i felt was of headlights. i inquired about headlights on pw and from people in works hops. many suggestion and ideas. finally i changed the bulbs of headlghts with 100 watts japani kioto and direction of light was towards sky, readjusted.Headlights improved but not satisfactorily as r new crystal white lights. more over holder of bulbs melted with heat. electrician installed relays and direct from battery connection. new lights of cultus price is 12000/- old from market repaired about 5000/-plse suggest wat to do.
    well cant say any thing about the origin od lights unless see it physically , share some of its pic ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i never check the price of original headlights but once i check the price of taiwan made lights ,,,,,,,,,,,,,they were 2200 Rs for pair ,,,,,,,,,,,quality was some how acceptable,,,,,,,,you mention the holder melt because you instal 100Watt tube in it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well originally these lights are desighned for 65 Watt tubes ,,,,,,,,,,,,,also fitted german made 60/55 watt tubes by paksuzuki ,,,,,,,,,,,the original head lights can withstand the heat but the after market cant,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you batter switch to 60/55 watts
    tubes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,projection can be easily adjusted by a screw on the back of each head lights ,,,,,,you can check my previous post for that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,100 watt tubes cant glow fully becuase the wiring also desighned for 60/55 watt ,,,,,,,,,,,,,so electrican instal relay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i think thats all blunder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,restore all that as per factory,,,,,,,,,,,,,

i forgot to mention one of electrician said these lights r desi not original.

2. their is no t valve in radiator. other wise its ok working and some fins r damaged. when i took this car my mistry adviser said to me change this radiator before going to punjab. i go to Gujranwala every year this year could not due to some circumstances. but i ignored the mistry advice and i traveled to Gujranwala nothing happened. radiator still running fine.except T-valve.
    if its not leak then use it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the after market will cost you 6 K ,,,,,,,,,,,,,so save some money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and batter instal a T valve,,,,,,,,its must

3. the previous owner also disconnect the heating system. now i know how to bring this in operational but only i want suggestion that if it should be serviced or not before operational.

other wise my car so far is fine no problem until now i when i last came back from Gujranwala i reached Karachi in 16 hours from thokar niazbaig.
    if you are using coolant then there may be not too much rust,,,,,,,,,,,,,restore all those pipe,,,,,,,,,,,,for connection you can check my previous posts ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,car is old so dont try to flush it with any radiator flushing liquid,,,,,,,,,,,gaskit may damage,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazaryab View Post
    Dear agoodfriend Kinky compare the HT wire resistance with your cables with the manual reading its little hire side.I have factory cables installed 05 90k driven

From Coil to Distribute---8.06k
    Plug one----------------12.94k
    ===two-----------------10.57k
    ===three----------------8.37 k

Ignition coil primary 0.9 to 1.0 ohm
    Secondary---------13.37 k ohm

waiting for reply.
    P.S= How much coolant should reduced in reservoir in 4 days?
    you need to change your plug wires ,
    in my 07 cultus which is running on coolant since day one ,,,,,,,no coolant lose,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my brother told me that he never even check it,,,,,,,,,,,,but i found it all level,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    in my 06 cultus i feel some coolant (water) lose,,,,,,,,,,,,,not in radiator but in the reservoir ,,,,,,,,,,,,it need to fill after about 4 days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,never mind because its an old and overhauled car/engine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus headlight tubes

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375026 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375027 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375028 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375029

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^same is in my margalla and the new city

btw do you have any idea of how much a new carburetor of margalla will cost?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    ^same is in my margalla and the new city

btw do you have any idea of how much a new carburetor of margalla will cost?
    nope dear i never own margalla so no idea about it ,,,,,,,,,cultus carb is of 6.5 to 7 K

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus HT Coil and Plug wire resistance

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375075 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375076 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375077 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375078 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375079 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -375082

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 74 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

User Tag List