51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    damn, i hate you organic chemistry

same here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mazamwarraich View Post
    @agoodfriend

no dear car ac gas cant be used in home ac ,,,,,,,,,,,,some old car ac prior to 1994 use R12 which was not environment friendly and very dangerous for ozone ,,,,,,,,another -ve point of it was that its highjly flamable,,,,,,,,so its banned to use all over the world after 1994,,,,,,,,,,its substitute is R134a,,,,,,an environment friendly car refregrant,,,,,,,,,,but it cant be used in home AC,,,,,,,,,,,,fridge , ac , deep freezer they all use R22,,,,,,,,,
    R22 available in cans like R134a ?[/QUOTE]

yes its available , you can charge your split unit with that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you cant charge gas into your fridge , deep freezer and window ac , because you need some gas welding for that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you must need a vaccum compressor and manifold guage set for charing gas in any system

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    same here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    well i still have to give chem exam, i was pathetic when i tried to learn it at school, lets see what magic sir saad hameed can do at his academy,

btw when you clean ur old lapto remove the heatsink and apply a good quality thermal paste over the processor's face (the metal face where the heatsink rests) and then put the heatsink back, it will improve the heat conduction between processor and heatsink.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    well i still have to give chem exam, i was pathetic when i tried to learn it at school, lets see what magic sir saad hameed can do at his academy,

btw when you clean ur old lapto remove the heatsink and apply a good quality thermal paste over the processor's face (the metal face where the heatsink rests) and then put the heatsink back, it will improve the heat conduction between processor and heatsink.

yeah i know that thermal paste , but i dont think its really availabe in market , i was thinking not to remove the heat sink just because i dont want to disturb the thermal paste,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus AC compressor installing, part 1 of 5

helo PWs , after a littel pause i am here back with the real post,,,,,,,,,,the compressor installing ,,,,,,,,unfortunately i lose some of my very precious data during data transfer from one pc to other , some folder on desktop has been gone, although i always carry a external hard disk with me but dont how how that blunder happens , any how i recover some of that with a data recovery sw,,,,,,,,
    here i use pajero mino compressor on cultus ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,first of all you need some very very strong brackets to mount that compressor on ND compressor mountain ,,,,,,,,,,,,these brackets must be strong enough to bear the load and punishment ,,,,,,,,,,other wise they wont work and you end up in total loss,,,,,,,,,,,,,the system of brackets you see in this post may look fragile but infect they are very very strong and i am sure they will with stand all that punishment ,,,,,,,,,,also the belt allighnment must be dead accurate ,,,,,,,,,,,,,the second thing is the alteration in pipe,,,,,,,,,,,,,the new compressor come along with its original half cut pipes , which i use to make new working pipes ,,,,,,,,,,,just check the pic for detail ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    system is still waiting to get the refregrant ,,,,,,,,,,,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380729 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380744 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380745 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380746 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380747 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380751 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380752 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380753 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380754 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380755 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380756 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380757 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380758 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380759 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380760

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus AC compressor installing, part 2 of 5

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380765 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380766 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380767 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380768 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380769 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380770 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380771 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380772 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380773 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380774 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380775 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380776 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380777 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380778 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380779

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amansoor View Post
    Friends today i replaced thermostate housing here i attached old housing pics
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - 380684

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - 380685
    boys and girls

thats why we do not use neat tap water in our car radiator..
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus AC compressor installing, part 3 of 5

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380973 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380974 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380977 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380978 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380979 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380990 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380991 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380992 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380994 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -380995 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381000 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381001 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381002 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381003 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381004

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus AC compressor installing, part 4 of 5

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381027 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381028 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381029 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381030 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381031 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381032 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381033 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381034 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381035 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381036 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381037 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381038 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381039 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381040 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381041

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Excellent!
    Lets see how does the AC performs with the new compressor.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus AC compressor installing, part 5 of 5

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381143 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381144 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381145 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381146 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381147 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381151 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381152 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381153 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381154

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@agoodfriend

I must say you are making a lot of effort on your part for the AC ( Wish it will freeze the passengers ) and more than that by sharing it in such detail.

I must confess that I also do most these things myself but lacks the passion to share it. Like I did the engine overhaul of brother's cultus and also made a commitment with you and myself that I will be taking the pics for sharing it through you. I thought it would be easy like i have to just take picture but it is very very hard once you have to assemble and do the photos with all greasy hands. It is not just hard but also the time factor goes way out of the window. At the end i could just make very few of them which actually are pretty much useless in terms of sharing as rebuild.

So bravo to you dude.

One thing i would like to say about the compressor you opted for, is that it surely puts very minimal load on engine being rotary but at the same time it is very rpm dependent meaning it barely works on idle or higher idle rpms. Higher the rpms better is the cooling simple.

Rest I wish it to be a successful project.

15. 12-03-2012, 08:22 AM

Site Banned

Reason
    Spam

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont intend to burst your bubble but the problem in the A/C system of the cultus is not the compressor but the POS stupid condenser that PS has installed. It does not cool down the R134 to acceptable levels.

The denso A/C compressor is quite powerful and long life, it suffers from high head pressure due to the silly condenser, a very good modification is to install a generic multiflow condenser that can actually cool down the gas.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    I dont intend to burst your bubble but the problem in the A/C system of the cultus is not the compressor but the POS stupid condenser that PS has installed. It does not cool down the R134 to acceptable levels.

The denso A/C compressor is quite powerful and long life, it suffers from high head pressure due to the silly condenser, a very good modification is to install a generic multiflow condenser that can actually cool down the gas.
    agreed. both the condenser and radiator are not up to mark for the required job.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let,s wait for the result of compressor alteration. I hope it will work. The small size of compressor fits good any way otherwise the oil filter removing get hard.
    agoodfriend you are doing very well I took the courage and did opened all my car AC parts to service them.I did not have vacuum /pressure pump so instead I used normal air compressor to blow pressurised air to clean the pipes , evaporator and condenser with CTC.All processes was very well explained by the poster.

Some compressor job pending last season.I am sharing here the replacement of clutch magnet coil of ac compressor.here are the pics.

The main shaft nut is 12mm.to remove this nut you need to hold the clutch assembly to stop it rotating .I used hand grinder disc tightening tool to do the job.

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381359

Used two flat screw driver to put even pressure form both sides to lift the assembly.

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381362

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381363

These are all parts removed take care of the spacer shims.they to keep the clearance between clutch and the pulley.

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381364

Magnet coil cost Rs800/- from Naz cinema AC spare shops.

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381365

The specified clearance is 0.4 to 0.8mm mine is 0.5mm.

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381369

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -381366

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    @agoodfriend

One thing i would like to say about the compressor you opted for, is that it surely puts very minimal load on engine being rotary but at the same time it is very rpm dependent meaning it barely works on idle or higher idle rpms. Higher the rpms better is the cooling simple.

Rest I wish it to be a successful project.
    well this thing was in my mind ,,,,,,,,,,,,,came thru this problem many years before in FX and mehran,,,,,,,,,,as you know both have similar engine , but the AC system are different,,,,,,,,,many of you may have forgotten these 2 cars fx and mehran but i still remember the ac experence on these 2 cars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fx comes with sanden rotary compressor and mehran comes with ND piston compressor ( the same as the one i have grounded and the only difference is with the refregrant) , both the cars have poor AC system as you also have experences or listen ,,,,,,,,,,,,FX has the same problem as you mention,,,,,,,,,,,,,and mehran has high head pressure problem,,,,,,,,,,,mean it wont work once the car cross 100 Km/h ,,,,,,,,,,,,,i fix both of them with a very simple fix ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you may have noticed the crank shaft pully which runs alternator and compressor ,,,,,,,,,,,,,in FX the originally pully which drive the ac belt is of very small dia,,,,,,,,and in mehran its large , and even larger than that which runs alternator,,,,,,,,,,,i instal a bigger pully in FX and grounded the original one,,,,,,,,,the pully was originally of japan assamble mehran 800cc ,,,,,,,,,ac works fine on low RPM and cooling was all good and obviously it puts load on engine but that was bareable because at that time there is nothing name CNG ,,,,,,,,,,,,later after some time i experenced mehran,,,,,,,,,,,and found that its ac cooling goes off as car crosses 100Km ,,,,,,,,,,at first i though the comp trips off ,,,,,,,,,,,so i by pass every thing but still nothing happens,,,,,,,,,,,,,later found that its because of high head pressure which ND piston compressor creates ,,,,,,,,,also it was fitted with old style condenser the same as fitted right now in my 06 cultus ,,,,,,,,,any how i pull back that pully from my junk yard and instal it in mehran,,,,,,,,,,,problem solved and ac cooling is all ok even at 130km ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,\

i have check the pressure of the compressor which i have installed in 06 cultus ,,,,,,,,,,,,,some how it has that inherated problem but i guess it will work ,,,,,,,,,,,,cooling will be reduces on low rpm but not as much , and second thing is that mostelly car runs on higher RPM above 2K ,,,,,,,i guess it will creat not much problem,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazaryab View Post
    Let,s wait for the result of compressor alteration. I hope it will work. The small size of compressor fits good any way otherwise the oil filter removing get hard.
    agoodfriend you are doing very well I took the courage and did opened all my car AC parts to service them.I did not have vacuum /pressure pump so instead I used normal air compressor to blow pressurised air to clean the pipes , evaporator and condenser with CTC.All processes was very well explained by the poster.

normal air pressure wont work,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you flush this thing again with compressor than you will find that you have left so much CTC in it ,,,,,,,,,,well you can flush the condencer and evaporator with the system compressor which is installed in your car,,,,,,,,,,,if you in pindi then you borrow comp from me ,,,,,,,,,

Some compressor job pending last season.I am sharing here the replacement of clutch magnet coil of ac compressor.here are the pics.

are you sure the electro magnet coil you replace is really off,,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess it rarelly goes out of order ,,,,,,,,,,

Magnet coil cost Rs800/- from Naz cinema AC spare shops.
    800 ,,,,,,,,,,,i have so many such coils in my junk, hehehhe

well this compressor is i think sanden reciprocating compressors which is many time batter than piston and rotary compressor,,,,,,,,,,,,my 07 cultus is also come with this same comp from paksuzuki ,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post

yeah you right ,,,,,,,,,,,i have noticed that some cultus comes with ND system and some with sanden,,,,,,,,,,,the sanden system is good and it has that same multiflow condenser as you mention,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where as the ND system has good compressor but poor condenser ,,,,,,,,,,,,,its conderse is 100% same as that of khyber and in khyber it runs on R12 ,,,,,,,,,,there is cultus with ND compressor the same condenser runs with R134a ,,,,,,,,,,,,abviously the multiflow condenser is a batter choice,,,,,,,,,,,,i havent charge the system yet ,,,,,,,,,,,,right now car is grounded and totally neglected and also free for my experiments ,,,,,,,,,,,may be my brother will sell down this car ,,,,,,,if not them i think to replace the condencer with multiflow ,,,,,,,,,,and i have experenced the high head pressure of ND compressor in mehran,,,,,,,,,,,ac wont work above 100km/h,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any how lets see how things goes , i am also running out of time and very less time ,,,,,,,,my dead mark is at the end of this month then i wont be availabe for this car ,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    R22 available in cans like R134a ?

yes its available , you can charge your split unit with that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you cant charge gas into your fridge , deep freezer and window ac , because you need some gas welding for that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but you must need a vaccum compressor and manifold guage set for charing gas in any system[/QUOTE]

@mazamwarraich ,,,,,,,,,,,,dear plz make some correction ,,,,,,,,,,,,R22 is not availabe in cans,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you have to buy a empty cylinder (which is not costly) and shop keeper will transfer the gas from one cylinder to another and will charge you acording to the weight of gas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,before that he will find the weight of empty cylinder and the difference of weight will be that of the gas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 74 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

User Tag List