51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazaryab View Post
    This is great this is THE manual I have downloaded, it its 349 pages, are there more?
    yes their r two more parts. i will upload today.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agoodfriend

may I suggest you throw away this junk scrap excuse of a fan that is placed on the condenser and use a proper SPAL, GATE or Bosch high CFM fan.

You can find a lot of them in old parts. The only thing required would be to install a second relay for it as it consumes very high amps when it starts.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    agoodfriend

may I suggest you throw away this junk scrap excuse of a fan that is placed on the condenser and use a proper SPAL, GATE or Bosch high CFM fan.

You can find a lot of them in old parts. The only thing required would be to install a second relay for it as it consumes very high amps when it starts.
    now i need to post pone gas charging and get back on drying board again ,,,,,,,,need to upgrade,,,,,,,i guess the baleno condencer comes with high CFM fan but not sure ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will check it tomorrow

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agoodfriend

i have just check the balleno condencer ,,,,,,,,,,,,i have found that it can be easily fitted in cultus ,,,,,,,,,,infect cultus has option for installing bigger conderncer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as you know condencer fits with just 2 bolts at the upper side and 2 hooks which goes into the cultus frount foundation ,,,,,,,,,,,,,there are space and holes left for bolts and hooks ,,,,,,,,,,,,so it can be easily fitted,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

but 2 things are in my mind,,,,,,,,,,,,first is that the original condernce wont full cover the radiator,,,,,,,,,but this balleno condencer which is longer in length can fully cover the radiator, just like in mehran,,,,,,,,,,which will block the radiator air flow and also the condencer hot air will directelly flow thow radiator ,,,,,,,which can result in engine overheating,,,,,,,,,if its so then we can do 2 things,,,,,,,,,,either instal 2 fans on condencer or make a system so that the radiator fans kicks in when we switch on the,,,,,,,,,,,,check the pic,,,,,,,,,

second this about the fan,,,,,,,,,,,,you can see the balleno conderncer in pic ,,,,,,i take that pic from web but its same as the one availabe in market,......can you tell me is that high cubic feet per minute fan or same as the old style 4 curved shape blade ............

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383328 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383329 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383330 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383331 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383332 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383338 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383339

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today i was fixing my cultus dashbord while i found TAP on passenger side underneth gluve box.but it is not connected with any thing. I saw a spare connector which is used to bypass TAP wirings. Quistion is how i reconnect TAP is there anything to be altered or just reconnect bypassed connector into TAP. Kindly check out following picsCultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383380

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383381

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383382

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@goodfriend

As you are going to use R134a then the regular serpentine condenser would do you no good. R12 is not environment friendly but it is more efficient in heat exchange and being heavier than r134a it works with serpentine pretty well but will fail in MFC.
    In MFC, the refrigerant (R134a) is forced through very narrow channels to maximize heat exchange surface contact which very easily compensates for the said disadvantage of r134a.

The ND fan (6 Blade pusher) in baleno is better than the one you have (4 blade pusher), and if you are going for the baleno MFC then get one with fan. This way you might get a good deal. Flushing will be mandatory but it would be tricky being multi flow like a radiator.

You dont need to worry about the condenser covering the radiator. In most of the cars like corolla, vitz and many other have one radiator fan which also acts as condenser fan when compressor kicks in as they have condenser/radiator configuration. No need to connect the radiator fan with condenser fan as you will be having a independent condenser (Pusher) fan and if the coolant temperature will rise the radiator fan will kick in.

If the condenser is efficient and keeps the head pressure well in control then you will notice minor load on the engine with AC resulting in better fuel economy, no engine heat up and chilled cabin.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    @goodfriend

As you are going to use R134a then the regular serpentine condenser would do you no good. R12 is not environment friendly but it is more efficient in heat exchange and being heavier than r134a it works with serpentine pretty well but will fail in MFC.
    In MFC, the refrigerant (R134a) is forced through very narrow channels to maximize heat exchange surface contact which very easily compensates for the said disadvantage of r134a.

The ND fan (6 Blade pusher) in baleno is better than the one you have (4 blade pusher), and if you are going for the baleno MFC then get one with fan. This way you might get a good deal. Flushing will be mandatory but it would be tricky being multi flow like a radiator.

You dont need to worry about the condenser covering the radiator. In most of the cars like corolla, vitz and many other have one radiator fan which also acts as condenser fan when compressor kicks in as they have condenser/radiator configuration. No need to connect the radiator fan with condenser fan as you will be having a independent condenser (Pusher) fan and if the coolant temperature will rise the radiator fan will kick in.

If the condenser is efficient and keeps the head pressure well in control then you will notice minor load on the engine with AC resulting in better fuel economy, no engine heat up and chilled cabin.

well unfortunattely i am not going for any mod in AC system , i discuss with my brother he is saying its all useless as he is getting keen to dispose off this car soon as posible , so that all will be waste of time and energy ,,,,,,,really i want to go for that mod and really love to do that but thats a desperate end , but i tell you guys on PWs that surelly its posible that you can instal balleno condencer on cultus , today i have check its feasibility and found that there will be no alteration needed to instal the balleno condencer in cultus , every thing is already there , may be this same car comes with bigger condencer in some part of the world ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i have also noticed that those cars which is already fitted with sanden units need no modification in condencer pipes , but for those cultus which comes with ND units (like my 06 cultus) , in that you have to alter the condencer inlet and outlet pipes , but thats not a big deal , you will get the inlet and outlet pipes along with the old balleno condencer , just 2 welds cost not more than 100 Rs ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,means its all posible and not so difficult ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

any how tomorrow will charge the system with its original condencer ,
    thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amansoor View Post
    Today i was fixing my cultus dashbord while i found TAP on passenger side underneth gluve box.but it is not connected with any thing. I saw a spare connector which is used to bypass TAP wirings. Quistion is how i reconnect TAP is there anything to be altered or just reconnect bypassed connector into TAP. Kindly check out following pics
    is it originally installed by paksuzuki ? ,,,,,,,,,,,installed by factory and disconected by previous owner of car ? ,......,,,,,,,,,,,get it fixes ,,,,,,,,,,,but its not installed in my FF CNG cultus

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    @goodfriend

well in normal condition you cant charge R12 into R134a unit and vice versa , system and compressor is all same , no difference,,,,,,,,,,,,only difference is that of the oil ,,,,,,,,,,,,,both refregrant have different oils which cant be mixes with each other ,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can charger R134a into R12 after flushing each and every part including compressor ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    well in normal condition you cant charge R12 into R134a unit and vice versa , system and compressor is all same , no difference,,,,,,,,,,,,only difference is that of the oil ,,,,,,,,,,,,,both refregrant have different oils which cant be mixes with each other ,,,,,,,,,,,,,you can charger R134a into R12 after flushing each and every part including compressor ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Yes, well i am saying that R134a can work (barely) in R12 system i.e serpentine condenser BUT R12 cannot in r134a system i.e. MFC.

the r12 lubricant (mineral) doesnt mix with PAG (glycol based) oil of r134a. Creating undesired pressure surges in the system

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    is it originally installed by paksuzuki ? ,,,,,,,,,,,installed by factory and disconected by previous owner of car ? ,......,,,,,,,,,,,get it fixes ,,,,,,,,,,,but its not installed in my FF CNG cultus
    yes it is installed by paksuzuki and
    disconnected by previous owner or some mechnic because they dont know the function of such devices.i think ignation timing is advanced by shifting distibuter right now insted of using TAP. Is it possible to set timing with out timing gun and then introduce this TAP for further advance on cng. I have checked it wiring which seems complete to me and also ff. Just need to replace bypass connector

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

helo PWs , so finally today i charge the ac system with refregrant , just for the reference check the pic of thermometer ,,,,,,,,the reading i got while giving a test drive on 6th road Rwp at about 40 to 50 km/h and at around 4 pm ,,,,,,,,i by pass the ac thermostat to put the system on extreme test,,,,,,,,,,one thing i will say that this rotary comp puts very very less load on engine ,,,,,,,,i switch on the comp at about 40 km and hardelly feel any thing ,,,,,,,,,,i must say results are many times batter than the original cultus ac system and also batter than what i have expected ,,,,,,,,,,,later share all process ,

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -383718

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amansoor View Post
    yes it is installed by paksuzuki and
    disconnected by previous owner or some mechnic because they dont know the function of such devices.i think ignation timing is advanced by shifting distibuter right now insted of using TAP. Is it possible to set timing with out timing gun and then introduce this TAP for further advance on cng. I have checked it wiring which seems complete to me and also ff. Just need to replace bypass connector

well i suggest leave this thing as it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fixing it may open another "calf",,,,,,,,,,,,,and another problem for you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wow thats amazing result (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhashmi View Post
    wow thats amazing result (Y)
    i just wish it will be same in peak summer season ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

test it with rear doors open and fan running on full. It should not raise head pressure.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

test it with rear doors open and fan running on full. It should not raise head pressure.
    Sorry!

Test what? Condenser?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great!
    Do let us know that at how much temperature the AC trips with the thermostat attached.
    I remember the last time I checked, my car's AC triped at around 4C.
    These rotary compressors are great, you hardly notice any difference with the AC switched on.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 74 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

User Tag List