51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by smijaz View Post
    Sorry!

Test what? Condenser?
    the system.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    test it with rear doors open and fan running on full. It should not raise head pressure.
    i have opened all 5 doors and fan was also on full swing while charging gas and measuring vent out temp , the head pressure was looking quite normal , 35 and 155 psi on 1500 RPM and the amient temp was 28 DC ,,,,,,,,,,but there is a problem in it ,,,,,,,,, acording to the ambient temp (28 DC) the low and high side pressure must be around 40-50 and 175-210 psi ,,,,,,,,,,i guess i have low charge the system , there was no refregrant weight tag on any place on the system and on the under side of car bonnet ,,,,,,,,,,,,but i have seen a tag on my 07 cultus which is fitted with sanden system from paksuzuki and also with multiflow condencer , that system is still running with original gas which is filled by paksuzuki ,,,,,,,,,,,acording to that i have to fill 450gm refregrant,,,,,,,,,,the refregrant cans which i buy was of i guess original japanese KELA 250 gm,,,,,,,,,so it means i need atleast 2 of those cans ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but in real i have charges 3 cans ,,,,,,,,,,,,but still i wont get the desired reading on low and high side,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i dont see any fault in comp ,,,,,,,,,,,because it has suck all the refregrant out from the last cane,,,,,,,,,,,,at that time system is working very perfectelly ,,,,,today my brother has used that at day time and he was said its chilling ,,,,,,,,,,i never experence such performace from any suzuki car (as per his knowlede),,,,,,,,,,also the comp wont put any load on engine , , that amazing ,,,,,,,,,,,

i see 2 reasons of that,,,,,,,,,,,first of all the 450gm quantity was of sanden/multi flow conderncer system,,,,,,,,may be the old style ND system need more weight,,,,,,,,,,,second thing,,,,,,,,,,,,the cans was not of full weight ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,almost half,,,,,,,,,,,i can feel that the cans are almost half as you know the gas in them is in liquid form , also its weight wont seems 250gm,,,,,,,,,,,,as you know gas escapes from the cans and i have experenced this thing in another cane which is stored in my home store for last atleast 2 years ,,,,,,,,,,,there was hardelly 50 gm left in it out of 500 gm ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any how i will gave a second test that system ,,,,,,,,,,my 07 cultus is also running with low refregrant so i have to add some refregrant in it as well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will add some more refregrant in this car while adding in 07 cultus ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as per my knowledge its common that new and untouched cars lose some refregrant with the passage of time ,,,,,,,,,,so 07 to 12 ,,,,,,means its the 5th year of that car and i am sure almost half of the refregrant is lost in all that time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and i guess its not any fault,,,,,,,,what you say about that ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by daniyalahmad View Post
    Great!
    Do let us know that at how much temperature the AC trips with the thermostat attached.
    I remember the last time I checked, my car's AC triped at around 4C.
    These rotary compressors are great, you hardly notice any difference with the AC switched on.
    ok will update that soon ,,,,,,,,,till now system is running with by passed thermostat ,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah it puts very less load ,,,,,,,,,,today my brother used it and gave me comments that nothin happens when i press the comp button no , i thought that there is some problem in comp switch ,,,,,,,,,as you may remember that i rebuilt the comp switch which was faulty in start of this project , but he say after few second i feel cool air and then i reliaze that system is running ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,while on the other had today i run 07 cultus with original sanden system and with factory filled gas ,,,,,,,,,,,,i switch off the comp while driving on agha shahi,,,,,,,,,,,,because i realize that either the car run or the ac ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but later switch on when car approach 70 to 80 km/h

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    i have opened all 5 doors and fan was also on full swing while charging gas and measuring vent out temp , the head pressure was looking quite normal , 35 and 155 psi on 1500 RPM and the amient temp was 28 DC ,,,,,,,,,,but there is a problem in it ,,,,,,,,, acording to the ambient temp (28 DC) the low and high side pressure must be around 40-50 and 175-210 psi ,,,,,,,,,,i guess i have low charge the system , there was no refregrant weight tag on any place on the system and on the under side of car bonnet ,,,,,,,,,,,,but i have seen a tag on my 07 cultus which is fitted with sanden system from paksuzuki and also with multiflow condencer , that system is still running with original gas which is filled by paksuzuki ,,,,,,,,,,,acording to that i have to fill 450gm refregrant,,,,,,,,,,the refregrant cans which i buy was of i guess original japanese KELA 250 gm,,,,,,,,,so it means i need atleast 2 of those cans ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but in real i have charges 3 cans ,,,,,,,,,,,,but still i wont get the desired reading on low and high side,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i dont see any fault in comp ,,,,,,,,,,,because it has suck all the refregrant out from the last cane,,,,,,,,,,,,at that time system is working very perfectelly ,,,,,today my brother has used that at day time and he was said its chilling ,,,,,,,,,,i never experence such performace from any suzuki car (as per his knowlede),,,,,,,,,,also the comp wont put any load on engine , , that amazing ,,,,,,,,,,,

i see 2 reasons of that,,,,,,,,,,,first of all the 450gm quantity was of sanden/multi flow conderncer system,,,,,,,,may be the old style ND system need more weight,,,,,,,,,,,second thing,,,,,,,,,,,,the cans was not of full weight ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,almost half,,,,,,,,,,,i can feel that the cans are almost half as you know the gas in them is in liquid form , also its weight wont seems 250gm,,,,,,,,,,,,as you know gas escapes from the cans and i have experenced this thing in another cane which is stored in my home store for last atleast 2 years ,,,,,,,,,,,there was hardelly 50 gm left in it out of 500 gm ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any how i will gave a second test that system ,,,,,,,,,,my 07 cultus is also running with low refregrant so i have to add some refregrant in it as well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,will add some more refregrant in this car while adding in 07 cultus ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,as per my knowledge its common that new and untouched cars lose some refregrant with the passage of time ,,,,,,,,,,so 07 to 12 ,,,,,,means its the 5th year of that car and i am sure almost half of the refregrant is lost in all that time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and i guess its not any fault,,,,,,,,what you say about that ?
    30 and 150 is too low, you are seriously low on refigerant, put some more in to stabilise the system to 40/190 with 28DC and about 60% humidity. Low refrigerant can cause the compressor to wear out as oil does not travel at the required rate in the system.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mazamwarraich View Post
    I have downloaded all three parts ,Thank you again, its a big contribution from you that a complete service manual is now available for PW's.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agoodfriend
    Have you checked your mail box lately???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazaryab View Post
    agoodfriend
    Have you checked your mail box lately???
    yeah i have check PW inbox and also my mail box but no mail ,,,,,,,you send any email ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

helo PWs , i started a new thread about generator engine overhaling , have a look at that

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...verhauling-ats

will post the AC gas charging soon , these days generator is out of order and its first time that me and my home is suffering badelly because of load shading and unfortunately we dont even have any emergency light / UPS so really a tough time these day and load shading time exceeds 10 hours in rwp , so cant upload any gas charing pic till this generator is back on track ,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yeah i have check PW inbox and also my mail box but no mail ,,,,,,,you send any email ?
    not even one?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xzap042 View Post
    not even one?
    yes one from you a week before but no email from shazaryab ,,,,,,,,,,,,but later shazaryab ask about email and now you asking not even one .............whats that ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I downloaded all three parts of the service manual given by mazamwarraich. I tinkered with the files, combined them all, removed some repetitions and wrong arrangements, shurnk the size and added bookmarks.

The file can be downloaded from here:

SF310 Service Manual.PDF

File size is around 120MB. I hope it will become more useful

BTW, I have already asked mazamwarraich about posting this file and he is ok with it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mirzahadi View Post
    I downloaded all three parts of the service manual given by mazamwarraich. I tinkered with the files, combined them all, removed some repetitions and wrong arrangements, shurnk the size and added bookmarks.

SF310 Service Manual.PDF

BTW, I have already asked mazamwarraich about posting this file and he is ok with it.
    gud yar thanks a lot

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SF310 Service Manual.PDF

well done dude , good work !!
    Crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

guys i would like to ask a question , i want to show my brother my sister wedding movie as hes in australia , now i tried to send a copy of cd to australia but apparently sending cds and data is prohibited now so my question is , is there any way to upload 4 gb any where on internet or is there any other way to show him the movie on internet .
    regards
    syed
    Crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes one from you a week before but no email from shazaryab ,,,,,,,,,,,,but later shazaryab ask about email and now you asking not even one .............whats that ?
    Check your PW inbox now.I posted a msg at 10.56 March 22,lets see if the server could keep it for you?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we'll i thought you didn't like my PM . hope you didn't mind.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

SF310 Service Manual.PDF

really appreciate the effort, but you see if you used OCR during scanning/converting, then the document would have been in text instead of pictures and the file would not have been more than 20-30Mb.

thanks for the share

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shqamar View Post
    guys i would like to ask a question , i want to show my brother my sister wedding movie as hes in australia , now i tried to send a copy of cd to australia but apparently sending cds and data is prohibited now so my question is , is there any way to upload 4 gb any where on internet or is there any other way to show him the movie on internet .
    regards
    syed
    you can use teamviewer , its a remote assistance software and there is an option of file transfer as well which is much faster than any messenger ,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus AC gas charging, part 1 of 4

Helo PWs , here I charge refrigerant in ac system , as you have already seen how i have flushed and installed back all the system , right now the only thing left is the final leak test , then change dryer and charge gas , I guess it a very very easy task and you can easily do that if you have proper tools , there is nothing high tech in it, still I haven’t see any ac shop doing all that in proper way, I have also done few blunders but I have no other option , first one is that you have to use nitrogen gas instead of air to pressure check the system , as you know that there is no moisture in nitrogen gas so it’s a best deal to use nitrogen to pressure check the system , but its not possible for me/us so I use compressed air which is full of moisture , second thing is using leak detecting dye for leak test , I try my best to find that but fails , most of the shop keeper even never listen about such thing , so again no option other than first pressured with air (instead of nitrogen) and then use a surf liquid to check leak,,,,,,,,,if you find any leaking O ring then change it with original one , local one wont last long especially when system heat up ,
    <FONT face=Arial><FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana>One thing I wont able to share with you is the expansion valve service , I take its pic but unfortunately I lost some of my data during data transfer from one pc to other , expansion valve is the alternate of orifice tube which reduces pressure, and I never see any car ac system with orifice tube but there are car ac systems which come with orifice tube , any how all Pakistani cars comes with expansion valve systems , which some times get stuck and need service/replacement , it s installed inside the evaporator casing under the dash board , simply remove it and flush it , I gave it a test by putting its sensor in cold water , it was working fine so I haven’t change it , if it need to change then buy 100% same , in my case the ac system is filled with steel mesh of broken compressor , means it really need some serious service/flushing from inside and for that I use CTC which you guys have already seen , I guess you can use carburetor cleaner as well as it also evaporated very quickly and leave no residues , always remove all the O rings before flushing with CTC as it can damage the rubber , one more thing I want to say that you can easily flush the evaporator and condenser with the system compressor installed in car , its little tricky but possible , but I recommend you batter buy a external compressor because you cant charge refrigerant without that, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comCultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild - P<TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 6.65in; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=638 colSpan=3>
    R 134a Ambient Temperature Pressure Chart<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    Ambient Temperature °F/°C<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    Low-Pressure Gauge<o:p></o:p>

</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-left-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    High-Pressure Gauge<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    65°F (18°C)<o:p></o:p>

25-35 psi / 172-241 kPa<o:p></o:p>

135-155 psi / 931-1069 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 3"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    70°F (21°C)<o:p></o:p>

35-40 psi / 241-276 kPa<o:p></o:p>

145-160 psi / 1000-1103 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 4"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    75°F (24°C)<o:p></o:p>

35-45 psi / 241-310 kPa<o:p></o:p>

150-170 psi / 1034-1172 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 5"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    80°F (27°C)<o:p></o:p>

40-50 psi / 276-345 kPa<o:p></o:p>

175-210 psi / 1207-1448 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 6"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    85°F (29°C)<o:p></o:p>

45-55 psi / 310-379 kPa<o:p></o:p>

225-250 psi / 1551-1724 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 7"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    90°F (32°C)<o:p></o:p>

45-55 psi / 310-379 kPa<o:p></o:p>

250-270 psi / 1724-1862 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 8"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    95°F (27°C)<o:p></o:p>

50-55 psi / 345-379 kPa<o:p></o:p>

275-300 psi / 1896-2068 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 9"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    100°F (38°C)<o:p></o:p>

315-325 psi / 2172-2241 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 10"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    105°F (27°C)<o:p></o:p>

330-335 psi / 2275-2310 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 11; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 1pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; PADDING-LEFT: 5.4pt; WIDTH: 159.6pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 5.4pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 1pt solid; PADDING-TOP: 0in; mso-border-alt: solid windowtext .5pt; mso-border-top-alt: solid windowtext .5pt" vAlign=top width=213>
    110°F (27°C)<o:p></o:p>

340-345 psi / 2344-2379 kPa<o:p></o:p>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <o:p></o:p>
    When I charge the gas the ambient temp was 28DC , means my low and high side pressure must be between 40-50 and 175-210 psi respectively , I don’t know how ac shops charge gas with out looking at ambient temp , one thing you have listen from them is that the low side pressure must be around 20 psi , don’t know the logic behind all that , and many ac shops just connect one guage with low side only , no need to check the high side , again no logic for that , always remember that you have to take the reading of high and low side guage while the engine is running on stable RPM of about 1500 , its very important
    <o:p></o:p>
    LOW pressure gauge ,,,,,,,,,,,,When the reading is between 25 and 40 psi with the A/C running, stop charging at that time . The system is fully charged and should be cooling normally. DO NOT add any more refrigerant. If the gauge is over 50 psi, you have overcharged the system with too much refrigerant. ,,,,,,,,,,,High pressure gauge,When the reading gets up around to 250 psi, stop charging , The system is fully charged and should be cooling normally. DO NOT add any more refrigerant.<o:p></o:p>
    If the low side and the high side pressure is low that indicate low charge,,,,,,,,,,,,If the low side is low and the high side is high that indicate the blockage in the expansion valve ,,,,,,,,,,If the low side is high and the high side is low and if the gauges needles are vibrating than it mean there is a fault in compressor valves ,,,,,,,,,,,,If the low side and your high side are high that means system is over charge, stop pressure is over 100 psi.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,If low side is closer to 30 then colder the car is and if the high side is closer to 150 then colder the car is
    One more thing is that you have to be careful about the comp oil , you must use the right oil in the right quantity , oil grade and quantity usually stamped on the back of compressor , so batter buy you own oil and take it to the ac shop and ask the ac mechanic to first flush the compressor by that new oil and then remove all the oil from the comp and then fill the new and clean oil in the exact quantity , Pour the oil very slowly into the intake port or low side of the compressor. This is where the large line entered. While pouring in the refrigerant oil, rotate the hub and clutch slowly to let the oil enter the compressor. Once that is completed, lay the compressor down on the hub for 10 minutes to let the oil seep into and lubricate the front seals to prevent leaks on startup. , I have seen ac mechanic use old comp oil which is pulled from the kitchen fridge and freezer compressor , that oil has a typical smell and a experienced person can easily find out what the hell is that , that oil cant be used in R134a units , and also it cant be mixed with the oil which is already there in the compressor , so I suggest pull the comp out and first flush it with new oil , and then fill it with new oil ,
    That’s it for now and this is the last major post of this thread , few more will come soon like compression and engine oil pressure check ,
    Any how check the pic they will mostly speak them self
    Best of luck ,

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385668 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385669 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385670 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385671 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385672 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385680 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385681 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385682 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385683 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385684 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385685 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385686 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385687 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385688 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385689

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus AC gas charging, part 2 of 4

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385827 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385828 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385829 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385830 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385831 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385832 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385833 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385834 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385835 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385837 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385838 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385839 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385840 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385841 Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -385842

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

User Tag List