51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good purchase !!
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

read the whole thread from page 1 till end, its a masterpiece sir. really i salute you.
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

Profile Deleted Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

removed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very usefull thread for cultus owners its ecnyclopedia for cultus...agoodfriend bro I recently buy cultus 03 the problem is that when i convert it to petrol rpm become very high any solution?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

water comming in from the wiring harness hole which i mention in the pic ?...........this harness starts from the back of left head light and enters inside the cabin throw this entry hole , passages under the left fender ,,,,,,,,,,if waster is really entering from this hole then may be the finder plastic sheet is mising or not clamped perfectelly ,,,,,,,,,check it and if source still wont found then you batter remove seats and carpets to inspect all that ,,,,,,may be some metal part is rusted,,,,,,,,,,,and there are water drain plugs in cultus and they are there in every cars,,,,,,,,,,,Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1107106
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeel.yamin View Post
    Hi, can you help me identify a water leakage problem. on the passenger side foot board water leaks in and fills up floorboard chamber, as there is no drainage hole in cultus for floorboard, eventually it leaks inside under the carpet. I'm unable to pinpoint the source of leakage.

the only thing i've been able to identify is a hole under the front left fender for wires where water comes in, but the right side is exactly same with wires but there is no problem on right side?

I'm thinking of getting a hole drilled on the underside for water drainage that would at least stop the water buildup. I'm amazed at paksuzuki for building a chamber that fills up with water and absolutely no hole for drainage.

what are your opinions?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear simply adjust it with idle nut on back of carb ,,,,,,,,,also check the acclerator cable , may be its too tight ,,,,,,,,,,,and always restrict your mechanic to first adjust the RMP on petrol and then on CNG ,,,,,,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by crail View Post
    Very usefull thread for cultus owners its ecnyclopedia for cultus...agoodfriend bro I recently buy cultus 03 the problem is that when i convert it to petrol rpm become very high any solution?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks dear , but it still missing the major part of engine overhaulling ,,,,,,,,,,,i volunteer many of my friends to overhaul there cultus engine but unfortunatelly there engines wont need any overhaul ,,,,,,,hopefully i will get a city 04 carcass in couple of weeks then and it need some major overlling ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukialtomehran View Post
    read the whole thread from page 1 till end, its a masterpiece sir. really i salute you.

Profile Deleted Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    water comming in from the wiring harness hole which i mention in the pic ?...........this harness starts from the back of left head light and enters inside the cabin throw this entry hole , passages under the left fender ,,,,,,,,,,if waster is really entering from this hole then may be the finder plastic sheet is mising or not clamped perfectelly ,,,,,,,,,check it and if source still wont found then you batter remove seats and carpets to inspect all that ,,,,,,may be some metal part is rusted,,,,,,,,,,,and there are water drain plugs in cultus and they are there in every cars,,,,,,,,,,,
    Thanks, i found the culprit. its not from this hole but i've plugged it from outside just to be safe. the water that goes into door through window railing was splashing into the protective plastic from inside and was flowing down on the inside of door from where it leaked into the foot board through the fitting. and no, there is no hole in the foot board, yes there are under the carpet but im talking about inside of foot board, its a cavity with no drainage which means if water gets inside it stays there. its a design flaw i think because water DOES get inside if you get your car serviced which is why every old cultus you see will show signs of rust around those parts.

Profile Deleted Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

also do you have any pics of removing the petrol tank? is it easy or do you need to remove additional stuff?

do you recommend cleaning the tank or just mixing a cleaner with petrol would do the job? is so, would it not affect the fuel filter/pump.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir please post detailed DIY to tune cultus on petrol u know CNG is no more available now so everyone is using petrol these days. it would be a treat.
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

also do you have any pics of removing the petrol tank? is it easy or do you need to remove additional stuff?

do you recommend cleaning the tank or just mixing a cleaner with petrol would do the job? is so, would it not affect the fuel filter/pump.
    I had it removed once, takes a lot of time and involves removing a lot of nuts bolts, even your back car seat.

About your 2nd question, i cant say lets wait what the experts say.

Sent from HTC One V using my Thumbs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA,

I am a big admirer or your work especially with restoring the Cultus. I have 2006 non efi cultus. the problem is the same that every one is facing now a day i.e. fuel consumption on petrol. i have been using it on cng now tuned it on petrol including timing adjustment and air block removed. butterfly and head work has also been done. still it is barely managing 10/ltr in city of course without AC an with RPM at 3000 max. My macanic said that he has adjust petrol at the lowest possible value. I know Carby cars specially cultus is not very famous in fuel consumption still i think i should get at least 12 km in city without ac.

Need your expert advice regarding it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    AoA,

I am a big admirer or your work especially with restoring the Cultus. I have 2006 non efi cultus. the problem is the same that every one is facing now a day i.e. fuel consumption on petrol. i have been using it on cng now tuned it on petrol including timing adjustment and air block removed. butterfly and head work has also been done. still it is barely managing 10/ltr in city of course without AC an with RPM at 3000 max. My macanic said that he has adjust petrol at the lowest possible value. I know Carby cars specially cultus is not very famous in fuel consumption still i think i should get at least 12 km in city without ac.

I second this issue. I have same model. Although I am getting 12Km in city but its with a light foot and all.

@agoodfriend what should we expect from mileage?

Also, my cultus's fuel gauge is faulty. I cannot find it anywhere. Where can I get one?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no i dont have pic for removing the tank as i havent do so ,,,,,,,,,,,but there are just 4 bolts which hold the tank ,,,,,,,,,,,never ever use water to clean the tank , if there is already some rust inside it then i guess you may need to replace it ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

year sure ,,,,,,,,,,,,,my cultus also need tuneup on petrol and i collect some tools and parts for that ,,,,,,,,,but till now i havent got any time to operate ,,,,,,,,,,i guess we have holidays in islamabad during upcomming long march ,,,,,,,i try to avail that time,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukialtomehran View Post
    Sir please post detailed DIY to tune cultus on petrol u know CNG is no more available now so everyone is using petrol these days. it would be a treat.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats the condition of spart plugs ?............high fuel consuption usually show up in spark plugs condition,,,,,,,,,,its some time really very very hard to adjust such carbs which are already opened couple of times,,,,,,,,,,,,i will adjust my carb in comming few days then will come back to this point again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    AoA,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you talking about the fuel guage sensor or the needle ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,guage sensor is always located inside the fuel tank ,,,,,,,,,if you havent use your car on petrol during CNG era then may be it catch rust and need to replace ,,,,,,,,,,,,,and that needle and assambly behind it,,,,,,i dont think you can find it new,,,,,,,,,,you may need to search some kabli/used,,,,,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf1 View Post
    I second this issue. I have same model. Although I am getting 12Km in city but its with a light foot and all.

@agoodfriend what should we expect from mileage?

Also, my cultus's fuel gauge is faulty. I cannot find it anywhere. Where can I get one?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just one suggestion for those guys who recentelly shift from CNG to petrol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,remove all the air blockage in air filter,,,,,,,and if posible pull the cylider out from car to shed some extra weight ,,,,,,,,,,i observe batter throttle response after remove all the air blockage ,,,,,,,,,,,,Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1110326Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1110327Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1110328Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1110325

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro can you give the link for Cultus detailed owner manual. The one you alredy posted is not working.

Sent from HTC One V using my Thumbs

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Completely overhauled my cultus engine with Japanese parts yesterday, any suggestion for initial running?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

User Tag List