51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no i dont agree ,,,,,,,,such an heavy rust cant form with in couple of days ,,,,,,,,,,,,i am sure its previouslly rotten,,,,,,,,,i remember once i use osaka coolant in mehran which i guess use tap water all its life ,,,,,,,,,,,its water pump seal leaks in just couple of days , but still i cant blame osaka coolant for this leak ,,,,,,,,,system was already heavily corroded because of the use of tap water and that coolant some how desolves that rust , if the system is all perfect and have no rust in it then i am sure it will run smooth ,,,,,,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by mfarhansabir View Post
    I agree...something is very wrong with Guard Coolant....terribly wrong. I put it in my cultus a couple of weeks ago casually and God knows what happened...it removed the rust or did whatever... i got the manifold water disc ruptured and water body started leaking as well. Barely i got the engine to stop before it was about to seize. Replaced water disc, water body, head gasket and engine oil & filter (bcz it smelled like burnt after over heating). I will stay loyal to my Osaka coolant, nonetheless it doesn't weaken my already eroded cooling system parts.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1367349310632.jpg
Views: 3211
Size:  98.7 KB

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont think they are original , the one i buy is 100% for sure and also in very good condition

Quote Originally Posted by nfssaad View Post
    why bother buying used radiator caps when you get new century japan radiator caps easily...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no way you can get original new cap in 190 Rs , its pak made

nfssaad,,,,,,, hmmm i bought around 3-4months back for 190...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks but its not posible , i hardelly got any time for my car , simple tuning is delayed for last many months ,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by chdemon View Post
    Love the effort and passion you put in your car. thanks for sharing. i would love you to help me do the same with my car ...i myself could not do it. if you provide services please notify me / pm me. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    i have check the resistance of both wires , the older one which are factory fitted vs these after market/chinese , results are as follow
    Original SP cables
    From Coil to Distribute---8.06k
    Plug one----------------12.94k
    ===two-----------------10.57k
    ===three----------------8.37 k

after market
    From Coil to Distribute---1.20 kOhm
    Plug one----------------1.54 kOhm
    ===two-----------------1.60 kohm
    ===three----------------1.12 kohm

today i have test them in car as well , i havent noticed any distortion in car audio system ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,original caltex poison coolant cost 780 Rs/litter , and the Toyota original coolant from toyota capital motor i9 islamabad cost 2910 Rs/4litter ,,,,,,,,,,,i can go for them but i am using guard coolant in my cultus for last almost 1 year and till now i havet see any problem ,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess guard is a good brand,,,,,,,,
    Although the distortion is little but still you can hear.tune ur car radio to 87.5. Volume must be high. Plug in an fm modulator to the cigarette lighter with flash having an mp3 file.when the song will start playing,press pause button. Trrrrrr in the speakers. I have checked it on both the wire set.there was no sound produced by the oem wire set.
    any ways , hows ur car performing now?
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well may be you are right but i havent go so deep ,,,,,,,,,,,,,my cultus is fitted with stock sound system and wiring is untouched ,,,,,,,,today i fit the cables just to check this problem ,,,,,,,,,,,i checked the sound system for just couple of seconds ,,,,,,,sorry i am really allergic with sound system in car so i have no concern how it sounds , any how i will check it again ,,,,,,,,,,,,till now i havent fit any thing on car as i havent got any time , hopefully will do that on election day ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    Although the distortion is little but still you can hear.tune ur car radio to 87.5. Volume must be high. Plug in an fm modulator to the cigarette lighter with flash having an mp3 file.when the song will start playing,press pause button. Trrrrrr in the speakers. I have checked it on both the wire set.there was no sound produced by the oem wire set.
    any ways , hows ur car performing now?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks but its not posible , i hardelly got any time for my car , simple tuning is delayed for last many months ,,,
    @agoodfriend also tell me can a car overheat with t valve removed and fan auto?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ nope. If every other thing is fine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have check the resistance of both wires , the older one which are factory fitted vs these after market/chinese , results are as follow
    Original SP cables
    From Coil to Distribute---8.06k
    Plug one----------------12.94k
    ===two-----------------10.57k
    ===three----------------8.37 k

after market
    From Coil to Distribute---1.20 kOhm
    Plug one----------------1.54 kOhm
    ===two-----------------1.60 kohm
    ===three----------------1.12 kohm

today i have test them in car as well , i havent noticed any distortion in car audio system ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,original caltex poison coolant cost 780 Rs/litter , and the Toyota original coolant from toyota capital motor i9 islamabad cost 2910 Rs/4litter ,,,,,,,,,,,i can go for them but i am using guard coolant in my cultus for last almost 1 year and till now i havet see any problem ,,,,,,,,,,,,i guess guard is a good brand,,,,,,,,
    this was informative for me as well, i used to think low resistance was good but i also got corrected. but check ur car's service manual. i think your wires should have resistance between 10 and 12 k ohm, according to that your originals were pretty good. why not put them back in,

another thing with the aftermarket wires is that their connectors are not of good quality. we used to have them on my car. when the time came to remove them the end of the wire in the coil broke, the whole distributor cup had to be replaced

as for the coolant, use it for 3 years then give us a review maybe it really is good or
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i only replaced the radiator cap once in 6 years....
    the problem is not our govt... its the people..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nfssaad View Post
    i only replaced the radiator cap once in 6 years....
    Me too, just recently before that darn tikki blew off ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok , i replace it with Toyota Coolant , collected from totoya indus capital motor I/9 Islamabad ,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1184596

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1184597
    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    this was informative for me as well, i used to think low resistance was good but i also got corrected. but check ur car's service manual. i think your wires should have resistance between 10 and 12 k ohm, according to that your originals were pretty good. why not put them back in,

another thing with the aftermarket wires is that their connectors are not of good quality. we used to have them on my car. when the time came to remove them the end of the wire in the coil broke, the whole distributor cup had to be replaced

as for the coolant, use it for 3 years then give us a review maybe it really is good or

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ok , i replace it with Toyota Coolant , collected from totoya indus capital motor I/9 Islamabad ,
    Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1184596

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1184597
    how much it costed you?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wise decision with the coolant
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2900 PKR for 3.78 L
    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    how much it costed you?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus periodic maintenance, (Part 1 of 5)

Helo PW , I just finished working on my07 Cultus VXR which has completed 1 lack Km , couple of things and experiences I want to share here in this post ,,,,,,,,,till now car haven?t show any major mechanical problem like oil consumption either from head or from block ,,,,,,,never been overheated and no sign of pressure leaking into the coolant ,,,,,,,any I started by replacing plugs , plug cables , distributer cap , rotor , timing belt , AC and water pump belt , gear oil , coolant , radiator cap and all water hoses including heater and steel pipe which is under the intake ,,,,,,,,,couple of more things which I have changes couple of months before were break oil , front and rear break pads ,,,,,,,,,,all these things which I have replaced are all factory stock fitted and they now its time to replace them ,,,,,,,,couple of more things which are always recommended to replace after 100K are water pump , timing belt tensioner , valve seals , engine seals , clutch , throw out bearing , break rubber lines , HT coil, ect ect ,,,,,,,,,,I haven?t replace them because they were ok and I always believe not to replace any thing with after market/fake/chinese copy with the original one incase if its working fine,,,,,,,,,,,but yes if you want to replace them with 100% original then I suggest you to go for It ,,,,,,,,,,,,,but its strangely recommended to replace all the able mention parts once your car odd meter cross 100Km ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Couple of more things I want to say is that you may have seen in pic that I have replace the radiator steel pipe which is located under the intake ,,,,,,,first of all there is no need to pull the intake just to change that pipe,,,,,,,,,,I do that because I have after market pipe in my hand and I fail to install it , and for that I remove the intake and in the end its all goes in vain ,,,,,,,,,next day I see a leak and there was no option other than to fit an original pipe ,,,,,,I search it in 3S but fails but luckily find it in old parts store and it fits like a charm with out removing the intake ,,,,,,,,,I strongly recommend never to replace it with after market,,,,,,,,,,second thing,,,,,,,,,,don?t fully rely on the 0 Degree mark of timing belt cover ,,,,,,,,,,I double triple check it and found it is off for 2 degree , I guess its because of thermal stress on plastic , may be newer engines wont have that issues ,,,,,,,,,,,,third thing,,,,,,,,,,,,you may have seen how I add new gear oil,,,,,,,,,,,,,that?s some how a wrong way ,,,,,,,,,,the reason why I do that is because for last couple of weeks I have a constant swear back and shoulder pain and I cant able to physically push myself to the limits that?s why I look for some short cut,,,,,,,,but still I guess i react responsibly by first measuring each and every drop of previous gear oil ,,,,,,,,last thing ,,,,,,,,,about the thermostat valve and fan auto switch ,,,,,,,,,,I have discovered that this non efi VXR cultus is fitted with 82 DC thermostat and 93 DC auto fan switch ,,,,,,,,,,,there are many available in market (new or old) but shopkeepers don?t have any clue for it ,,,,,,so chose accordingly ,,,,,,,,,,,,,EFI cars and cars fitted with emission control device have higher healthy temp ,,,,,,,,,,,

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185926Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185928Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185934Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185935Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185938Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185939Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185940Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185936Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185937Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185929Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185930Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185931Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185932Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185933Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1185927

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2900 PKR for 3.78 L
    Dear @agoodfriend
    my 07 cultus has a strange problem.it has loss of power from 2100 to 2300 rpm.i.e in this region the car jerks badly.jerks increases with ac.i have replace plugs, plug wires, distributor rotor, but still it jerks.this prob is on cng,
    vacuum advance seems ok.rotor also snaps back swiftly.what else can be the prob.one more thing its hard to get my car to 120 above

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Engine Tuning (Part 2 of 5)

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186277Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186278Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186285Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186292Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186294Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186296Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186298Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186301Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186286Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186288Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186289Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186291Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186279Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186281Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186283

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Engine Tuning (Part 3 of 5)

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186303Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186304Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186316Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186317Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186318Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186319Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186307Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186308Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186309Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186310Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186311Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186312Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186313Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186314Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186315

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Engine Tuning (Part 4 of 5)

Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186320Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186325Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186328Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186329Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186330Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186331Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186332Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186333Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186335Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186334Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186326Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186327Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186321Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186322Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild -1186324

+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 74 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

User Tag List