51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If there is no sound from excel or boot then I think get some good boot from 3s or reputable shop, wash and refill CV joint with some CVJ grease and put on its boot ... You are done. Rest experts can guide further.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    If there is no sound from excel or boot then I think get some good boot from 3s or reputable shop, wash and refill CV joint with some CVJ grease and put on its boot ... You are done. Rest experts can guide further.
    Thanks! Need a brand name of a better than OEM boot for Cultus 2001 and also a brand name for the CV Joint grease. Also is there a different grease for inner and outer or same grease can be applied for both?

By the way there is no sound yet.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here experts should come in.... anyone?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar @agoodfriend

Dear Guys, serviced the radiator my self using tartari then radiator flush and then baking soda in the end and then rinsing with water and then coolant before finally putting coolant in the car, thermostat is at the moment removed. Facing one problem.

During extended driving (more than 10 kilometers) too much coolant goes into the reservoir bottle which gets full and if I don't put it back in the radiator in time then the bottle over flows and coolant is wasted. Don't know why it is happening. Have detected one thing that fan starts when the needle goes at 60 to 70% mark and not exactly half mark.

My query does the coolant expands if heated so much that it over fills the reservoir bottle. Mechanic is telling me that engine or head bolts need to be tightened. please help me right now I am going through the inconvenience of putting coolant from reservoir bottle back into the radiator every 10 to 15 kilometer drive and at least purchase 1 liter bottle of coolant every week. Coolant is Osaka. (I will only change to a better coolant once this problem is solved)

Also when the car is idling temperature needle reaches 70 to 80% mark and if I drive fast it quickly comes to middle mark.

Another thing I have noticed that from a cold start (overnight) even with thermostat removed car reaches half mark in like literally 2 minute of driving even with the thermostat removed when previously it took at least 5 to 7 minutes with the thermostat inside. My guess is that probably before radiator flush too much mineral / rust deposit on the sensor reduced the sensitivity which is now better as I replaced it with a new one.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After eid when traveling back to Lahore, after almost 200 km of drive I noticed same thing. Coolant reservoir bottle was full and over spilling. Pipe from radiator to bottle contained air instead of coolant and when tried to loose radiator cap with thick cloth on it, coolant was spilling meaning it was full and no gas.
    Experts! What could be issue? Engine is in good condition and no sign of gasket leak , no oil in radiator, no smoke, no water under oil cap.
    However I noticed coolant / air flow when pressing upper hose of radiator even in cold state.

I suspect this thread is orphan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by siraj_7 View Post
    @Xulfiqar @agoodfriend

Dear Guys, serviced the radiator my self using tartari then radiator flush and then baking soda in the end and then rinsing with water and then coolant before finally putting coolant in the car, thermostat is at the moment removed. Facing one problem.

During extended driving (more than 10 kilometers) too much coolant goes into the reservoir bottle which gets full and if I don't put it back in the radiator in time then the bottle over flows and coolant is wasted. Don't know why it is happening. Have detected one thing that fan starts when the needle goes at 60 to 70% mark and not exactly half mark.

My query does the coolant expands if heated so much that it over fills the reservoir bottle. Mechanic is telling me that engine or head bolts need to be tightened. please help me right now I am going through the inconvenience of putting coolant from reservoir bottle back into the radiator every 10 to 15 kilometer drive and at least purchase 1 liter bottle of coolant every week. Coolant is Osaka. (I will only change to a better coolant once this problem is solved)

Also when the car is idling temperature needle reaches 70 to 80% mark and if I drive fast it quickly comes to middle mark.

Another thing I have noticed that from a cold start (overnight) even with thermostat removed car reaches half mark in like literally 2 minute of driving even with the thermostat removed when previously it took at least 5 to 7 minutes with the thermostat inside. My guess is that probably before radiator flush too much mineral / rust deposit on the sensor reduced the sensitivity which is now better as I replaced it with a new one.
    Same as Nasir Javaid, no oil mixed in radiator, no smoke from exhaust and engine looks good and all. Right now what I have done for a change until experts reply is that unbolted the autoswitch of the fan and applied "brasso" on it to clean it. I suspect it is causing the problem by turning the fan on at a much higher temperature then it should. Lets see. Will keep you guys posted

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My fan is turning on at 50-55% of needle and on motorway it decline to 10-20%. It also doesn't have t.stat and only auto fan. Planning to install t.stat after discussing status of water body with mechanic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My car was previously run on water by the previous owner, I flushed the system and everything. The Tstat was stuck open, it become so much open that the tstat bent and cracked. LOL. The temp needle hardly reached half mark because the temp sensor was loaded with gunk on it, replaced it and temp needle was much more responsive. Now I suspect the fan turns on late due to gunk on the auto switch as well. Removed and left to clean with Brasso. Lets see if there is improvement or not.

Experts please read my above post and reply before my dad takes the car for gasket replacement and bolts tightening as suggested by mechanics.. I know they will ruin the engine for sure...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just cleaned the autoswitch and put it back, fan kicks in at about 50-55% needle position. However I think the culprit is the radiator cap. At exactly half needle position the coolant starts to come in the reservoir bottle. The radiator cap has too low pressure....I could hear spits in the reservoir bottle and as soon as opened its cap saw coolant flowing...

Will change the radiator cap, can any one tell me where to find a genuine radiator cap for my manual carby cultus 2001

Also one more thing, is it normal to have 1 or 2 bubbles keep popping every 2 seconds even after 4 to 5 minutes of idling... ? The air bubbles just wouldn't disappear when I was testing ... I mean they were very few .. like 1 to 2 very small sized bubbles every 2 seconds...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also one more thing I noticed, the heater pipes are connected however the heater doesn't work, when I turn on the blower fan in the car and slide the knob to heat (red mark) there is no hot air, only room temperature air. Could this mean the small heating radiator inside the dashboard is clogged or at best leak causing these small 1 to 2 bubbles / 1 to 2 seconds?

After changing the radiator cap and also removing the heater pipes (blocking the inlet and outlet as well) and then if the problem persists.. Coolant going into the reservoir bottle or 1 to 2 bubbles appearing per 1 to 2 second or some how coolant level dropping after some time.. then should I jump to the conclusion of a blown head gasket?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No expert comes here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just cleaned the autoswitch and put it back, fan kicks in at about 50-55% needle position. However I think the culprit is the radiator cap. At exactly half needle position the coolant starts to come in the reservoir bottle. The radiator cap has too low pressure....I could hear spits in the reservoir bottle and as soon as opened its cap saw coolant flowing...

Will change the radiator cap, can any one tell me where to find a genuine radiator cap for my manual carby cultus 2001

Also one more thing, is it normal to have 1 or 2 bubbles keep popping every 2 seconds even after 4 to 5 minutes of idling... ? The air bubbles just wouldn't disappear when I was testing ... I mean they were very few .. like 1 to 2 very small sized bubbles every 2 seconds...
    try a suzuki dealer,a cap from the new cultus might fit
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Barish ka pehla qatra

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

checked the prices, local cap 150, good quality 290 something and Japani Origninal whatever for 1000
    Took the 290 cap and checked the spring tension with hand, it matched with the same tension my genuine cap has.

Now the only thing coming to mind is a Gasket failure, by the way upon giving lots of raise I can see the coolant flowing like river stream in the radiator at very fast speed. What would this mean?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

At high revs the water body also spins faster hence the increased water flow

Did you replace the cap?

You cannot just test these caps that way, you need a radiator cap tester tool or make one

It looks like you need to replace your cap and also make SURE that the pipe that goes to coolant reservoir is not damaged. If it's damaged, it will only pull air back in the system instead of the coolant in the reservoir.
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The bubble appearing after a lot of idling are due to the fact that the water is boiling.

To check for air in the system you need to perform this test with a dead cold engine

Xulfiqar suggests to raise the front of the car so that the rad cap is considerably higher than the rest of system, makes it easier for hot air to exit the system.

Also if the fan starts late as you mentioned in one of your posts it may be a bad thermo switch or a bad temperature gauge.
    Either confirm this by using an external temperature gauge on the radiator or replace the thermo switch to eliminate a possibility

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks! Need a brand name of a better than OEM boot for Cultus 2001 and also a brand name for the CV Joint grease. Also is there a different grease for inner and outer or same grease can be applied for both?

Can't say anything about brand names of boots but there are none better than OEM

Liqui moly LM 47 is a good cvj grease to be used in six ball cv joints (rzeppa joints)
    If you can't find LM47 then get the usual 90gm packs from any good auto parts shop. . They are mostly available in toothpaste like tubes

If the inners are a tripod cv joint then you need NLGI2 WHEEL bearing grease.. one of the best available here is Mobil XHP222.

Cv joint boots need to be installed carefully making sure that the correct amount (about 90 grams) goes in and that the air is released before locking the boot. . Also make sure that the boot is not in a twisted position it should sit flush and straight

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

are the boots torn?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar @agoodfriend

your system has an air leak in it, - the coolant does expand and gets transported to the overflow tank, it is sucked back to the system under vacuum as the coolant cools down, this action sucks down the vacuum valve in the cap which then allows liquid to be filled back in. If there is even a pin hole leak anywhere in the system including the pipe and nipple going to the overflow tank - the system will suck air from it and you will see it as "low coolant"

your car has an overflow tank with two pipes on it, the pipe from the radiator overflow nipple should lead all the way down - if its not all the way down it will not function. If there is a pin hole leak in the pipe - it will allow air to be sucked instead of liquid.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lots of rain drops after the first ....

Well, I read somewhere that the rubber washer of radiator cap is larger than the metal part just behind it then the cap needs to be replaced. as Metal part should be visible. Mine metal part isn't visible so do I have to replace it too? Also as explained in detail in previous post radiator to bottle pipe has all air while driven on motorway after 200Km when engine is hot and pushing coolant to bottle. Bottle spilled out extra coolant. While radiator is full of coolant till the neck. And after engine is cold, the next day, Level is again till neck of radiator .... from where this air is coming in the pipe .... Pressing upper pipe while engine is cold shows coolant+air movement in the pipe connected to bottle from radiator... this also show there is some issue with cap or radiator neck ....am I right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

User Tag List