Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1476
Like Tree930Likes

Thread: Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    agoodfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,551
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Exclamation Cultus engine and body overhaul and rebuild

    helo friends , i am updating this thread as now its all complete , just want to show here what you can see in this thread as its a huge list so i am simly writing whats not in this thread ,,,,,,, , you can see every thing related to cultus except engine overhaulling , fuel tank/pump and some wiring related stuff , rest all you can get here ,
    the PDF file of this thread is contributed by mirzahadi, UBajwa and mazamwarraich and you can down load it from here
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z59tlxj278xv8ef

    thanks


  2. #1361
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    Lots of rain drops after the first ....

    Well, I read somewhere that the rubber washer of radiator cap is larger than the metal part just behind it then the cap needs to be replaced. as Metal part should be visible. Mine metal part isn't visible so do I have to replace it too? Also as explained in detail in previous post radiator to bottle pipe has all air while driven on motorway after 200Km when engine is hot and pushing coolant to bottle. Bottle spilled out extra coolant. While radiator is full of coolant till the neck. And after engine is cold, the next day, Level is again till neck of radiator .... from where this air is coming in the pipe .... Pressing upper pipe while engine is cold shows coolant+air movement in the pipe connected to bottle from radiator... this also show there is some issue with cap or radiator neck ....am I right?
    If you follow the rubber washer larger method you'd end up with a ****** and then some and then some and then some and then some radiator cap

    If the cooling system has no leaks and it doesn't exchange coolant with the reservoir correctly, it's the radiator cap that is bad


    Let's summarize

    Engine hot - reservoir overflows
    After engine has cooled down - coolant level in radiator is low

    Right?
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

  3. #1362
    PakWheeler Follow
    siraj_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    If you follow the rubber washer larger method you'd end up with a ****** and then some and then some and then some and then some radiator cap

    If the cooling system has no leaks and it doesn't exchange coolant with the reservoir correctly, it's the radiator cap that is bad


    Let's summarize

    Engine hot - reservoir overflows
    After engine has cooled down - coolant level in radiator is low

    Right?
    Nops!

    At 50% mark, coolant starts to go in the reservoir bottle and keeps going and the bottle (initially at full level) over flows and the radiator gets low on coolant and then the temperature needle keeps going up and then if you keep driving it reaches HOT mark and then you have to stop the car to avoid totaling the engine!

  4. #1363
    PakWheeler Follow
    siraj_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Xulfiqar

    Do you know of any place where I can get my radiator pressure tested and find any leaks in the system to confirm if its my gasket that is gone or the cooling system which has a leak? I heard even the Suzuki guys here in Defence don't have the machine to check it. When I was in Lahore we knew places where we could get it pressure tested but don't know about Karachi.

    Mechanic says the Gasket is gone but then why can't I find any oil in the radiator? Its neck is even not laced with any traces of oil.

    By the way car is running on coolant+water so can't see oil visibly.

    The problem is that I can see air bubbles constantly in the radiator neck and the car starts to push coolant in the reservoir bottle as soon as the needle reaches 50% and that is the moment when radiator fan comes to life. However it keeps filling the bottle which in the end overflows and all coolant is wasted.

  5. #1364
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    forget about the 3s, those fakeers are just desi mechanics in uniform
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  6. #1365
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siraj_7 View Post
    Nops!

    At 50% mark, coolant starts to go in the reservoir bottle and keeps going and the bottle (initially at full level) over flows and the radiator gets low on coolant and then the temperature needle keeps going up and then if you keep driving it reaches HOT mark and then you have to stop the car to avoid totaling the engine!
    That sounds like a really bad pressure situation in the system, more like a bad headgasket - does the overflow shoot coolant? the expansion should be very gentle - it fills it quite slowly.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  7. #1366
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    Let's summarize

    Engine hot - reservoir overflows
    After engine has cooled down - coolant level in radiator is low

    Right?
    No, the coolant level is full till neck of radiator ( as described in detail in my previous post) ... I am only concerned

    1- Why radiator->bottle pipe contains air?
    2- When engine is cold why I can see coolant and air movement in same pipe if I press upper radiator hose pipe ?

    Thanks for your feedback, please clear my confusion as in above points.

  8. #1367
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siraj_7 View Post
    Nops!

    At 50% mark, coolant starts to go in the reservoir bottle and keeps going and the bottle (initially at full level) over flows and the radiator gets low on coolant and then the temperature needle keeps going up and then if you keep driving it reaches HOT mark and then you have to stop the car to avoid totaling the engine!
    My needle never crosses middle point and on motorway it even comes down to 10%. But pressure in radiator is there and coolant starts flowing to res. bottle and overspills it..

  9. #1368
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by margallar View Post
    forget about the 3s, those fakeers are just desi mechanics in uniform
    Any good place for cooling system pressure test to find leakage in Lahore?

  10. #1369
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    No, the coolant level is full till neck of radiator ( as described in detail in my previous post) ... I am only concerned

    1- Why radiator->bottle pipe contains air?
    2- When engine is cold why I can see coolant and air movement in same pipe if I press upper radiator hose pipe ?

    Thanks for your feedback, please clear my confusion as in above points.
    this sounds like you either have a bad radiator cap or a bent radiator neck, allowing coolant to move freely between the radiator and reservoir

    am I getting it right? - you squish the upper rad hose pipe and you see 'movement' in the cap neck to reservoir pipe - right?

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    My needle never crosses middle point and on motorway it even comes down to 10%. But pressure in radiator is there and coolant starts flowing to res. bottle and overspills it..
    and you also don't have a thermostat valve installed, get a brand new part and install ASAP

    and as mentioned above, check your rad cap and neck - or better yet post some pictures for our eyes only
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

  11. #1370
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    are you guys in the same city?

    are you sure you used the correct cap on your radiator, there are two types of small radiator caps - one is shorter in size which will cause such issues if your radiator neck is the taller one.

    as syncview said - if you can hear and see movement of liquid between radiator and overflow tank with engine cold while you press the pipes then you have the wrong cap or really damaged radiator cap neck.

    I had a car repaired last week - it was a camry which once had overheated really bad - they already had the head gasket job done and it was also overheating like this - the culprit was a bad radiator cap neck - its plastic had literally melted from overheating and the cap never made a seal on it. New radiator fixed it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  12. #1371
    PakWheeler Follow
    siraj_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Xulfiqar
    Yes the overflow shoots all the coolant out as the car gets heated...bubbly situation inside the radiator is also getting worse...
    @margallar
    3s is hopeless, I went there and was very dishearted to see they did not have machines to properly tune the car and only did by TUQA method. I couldn't see any one with torque wrenches. They just looked like road side mechanics in uniform. Upon enquiry they told me that they take out their torque wrenches only for an engine job. I immediately took my car away as I had gone for a leaked water pump replacement. They were charging much more than the market and I did not see any value for money there...

    Guys, Can any one of you recommend some body who can do the gasket replacement job properly with torque wrench?

  13. #1372
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @SER_GTR, I think you can help
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  14. #1373
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Torque Wrench.....Seriously.....I Am Considering Myself To Get One Of My OWN Because I Don't Know ANYONE Who Use It.......... LOL...

    If Anyone Have It.....Its For Either Their Use Or Personal Work....In Commercial Work... I Didn't See Anyone Using It To Torque Head Bolts
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  15. #1374
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If the poster was in lahore, I could have arranged it, I guess he will have to find a workshop willing to use it
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  16. #1375
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    this sounds like you either have a bad radiator cap or a bent radiator neck, allowing coolant to move freely between the radiator and reservoir

    am I getting it right? - you squish the upper rad hose pipe and you see 'movement' in the cap neck to reservoir pipe - right?
    Absolutely right bro, I also suspected same but need confirmation from experts like you. Replacing cap is easy but please shed some light on how to get bent radiator neck fixed and from where as I am new to cars and mechanic locations.

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    and you also don't have a thermostat valve installed, get a brand new part and install ASAP

    and as mentioned above, check your rad cap and neck - or better yet post some pictures for our eyes only
    I read on pakwheels somewhere that if cooling system's pipes are weak due to rust etc...then installing thermostat can damage water body and pipes due to extra pressure.....am I right here or get thermostat installed anyway?

    Pics coming soon!!!

  17. #1376
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    are you guys in the same city?

    are you sure you used the correct cap on your radiator, there are two types of small radiator caps - one is shorter in size which will cause such issues if your radiator neck is the taller one.

    as syncview said - if you can hear and see movement of liquid between radiator and overflow tank with engine cold while you press the pipes then you have the wrong cap or really damaged radiator cap neck.

    I had a car repaired last week - it was a camry which once had overheated really bad - they already had the head gasket job done and it was also overheating like this - the culprit was a bad radiator cap neck - its plastic had literally melted from overheating and the cap never made a seal on it. New radiator fixed it.
    You mean siraj and me?? as per status he looks to live in karachi...

    I am not sure about cap as it was same when I bought the car. I will post pics of my radiator neck and its cap so you can see if anyone is culprit...my suspect is the cap as neck looks ok to me but I am not expert so will leave it to you guys.
    Yes when I press upper hose pipe when engine cold then I can see little movement of coolant to reservoir bottle...

    Otherwise no heating issue at all..

    Remember:

    - Needle stays at the middle no matter how long I drive.
    - Rad Fan starts as soon as needle reaches middle and turns off at almost 40-45%.
    - Needle moves down to 10-15% while on motorway (because thermostat is not installed)

    Posting pics tomorrow IA

  18. #1377
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Torque Wrench.....Seriously.....I Am Considering Myself To Get One Of My OWN Because I Don't Know ANYONE Who Use It.......... LOL...

    If Anyone Have It.....Its For Either Their Use Or Personal Work....In Commercial Work... I Didn't See Anyone Using It To Torque Head Bolts
    Agree! I too haven't seen any mechanic with torque wrench.... they just use some goti rod set

  19. #1378
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Where do you live?
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

  20. #1379
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nasirjavaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,084
    Follows
    8
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Near Muslim Town !

  21. #1380
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nasirjavaid View Post
    Agree! I too haven't seen any mechanic with torque wrench.... they just use some goti rod set
    Their Extra Torque Comes Always With Chotaa......When They Do A Final Torque......Ustaad Do The Honours And Call Chota " Chal Chotey Zoor Lagwa......!" And They Have That Long Extra Pipe thingy "Taami" On Which Chota Use Force.....!

    After That...If You Are Lucky......It Will Work....Else Either Head Bolts Slip Or Its Last Time You Are Using Those Threads Inside Block.....!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •