Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus EFI Engine off issue B/c rpm Drop Solved

Hi Guys I want to share my experience of cultus EFI
    one is mine and other two belong to my uncle and in all three we had problem of droping rpm when pressing the clutch and engine would off

It is solved by bypassing the Automatic cng valve which is called stepper mottor instead of that we installed direct manual valve and now all the cultus are running perfect

any one having the issue may try it and ther are no issues like check engine or anything.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for sharing !!
    Crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Model of Cultus u have?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Very Nice Information

I am facing the same problem. Thanks for sharing such information and issue faced by you. I need to ask 1 thing. When you changed your automatic value with manual valve, what was the impact on yourn car's performance in terms of milage on cng...... your CNG average must have reduced bcz of changing the valve...there must be some difference on car's pick, power on CNG etc etc... kindly reply urgently...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Cultus efi rocks

i have the same issue on my applied for cultus 2011. its engine went off sometimes when we apply brakes & press the clutch. i checked almost all the 3S workshops whats the matter. but no one solve it as it happens not always.
    Any way the problem which Mian auto liton road found that its stepper motor not working properly. he install manual for 75/- only and told me to check for few days. the car never did the past behaviour. then i again to mian auto and change the CNG switch. as FF switch has the limit of 90Sec to convert it on CNG which i dont like. at morning i keep it on petrol but on the whole day when i start it i sudden convert it on cng within sec. to save petrol.
    From that day till now my car gives no problem at all. this efi engine is much better than the previous three cylinder. it has auto chowks not need to put foot on accelerator.
    One thing i mention pick on manual switch is better than stepping motor switch.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asimpakwheels View Post
    I am facing the same problem. Thanks for sharing such information and issue faced by you. I need to ask 1 thing. When you changed your automatic value with manual valve, what was the impact on yourn car's performance in terms of milage on cng...... your CNG average must have reduced bcz of changing the valve...there must be some difference on car's pick, power on CNG etc etc... kindly reply urgently...
    asim there is no problem in the pick of the car and average remains the same ...
    thats the reason we installed it in all our three cars.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 6442 View Post
    i have the same issue on my applied for cultus 2011. its engine went off sometimes when we apply brakes & press the clutch. i checked almost all the 3S workshops whats the matter. but no one solve it as it happens not always.
    Any way the problem which Mian auto liton road found that its stepper motor not working properly. he install manual for 75/- only and told me to check for few days. the car never did the past behaviour. then i again to mian auto and change the CNG switch. as FF switch has the limit of 90Sec to convert it on CNG which i dont like. at morning i keep it on petrol but on the whole day when i start it i sudden convert it on cng within sec. to save petrol.
    From that day till now my car gives no problem at all. this efi engine is much better than the previous three cylinder. it has auto chowks not need to put foot on accelerator.
    One thing i mention pick on manual switch is better than stepping motor switch.
    yes ur right its better than automatic and u got it cheaper i got it in 300 lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And one thing i would like to ask experienced members that my cultus engine shuts off immedietly after turning on ac its same on petrol what may be the reason cause its not because of manual valve cause other two cultus are running fine on ac my one cultus which is 2008 efi thats have a problem of turning off on ac any suggestion for that?????????????

may be any bearing of ac is jam or something????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Drop in RPM, Stepper motor issue or Trottle body

Hi,
    I talked to different mechanics and engineers,,, thats what i found...
    RPM may drop bcz of 2 issues.
    1. Stepper motor not working properly.
    2. Problem in IAC valve found in Trottle body.

If engine turns off while pressing clutch that is because of stepper motor and may be bcz of IAC valve. you should replace it only with the same stepper motor also called automatic cng valve . Manual is not suitable for EFI cars. Manual or direct is only suitable for carby based cars.

When RPM drops (up and down) when the car is stopped on signal or neutral, it is because of IAC valve which can be found in Trottle body. IAC stands for idle air control valve that keeps your rpm stable when car is idle or not moving. make sure to check and ckean it by the mechanic.

please make me correct if i have written any thing wrong in this information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I hv cultus 2010 & haven't faced a single issue at all.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RPM Droped on CNG Solved by changing Spark Plug Cables

Dear Cultus users,
    Please check the following if Cultus on any other vehicle is droping RPM to zero or shutting off engine while running on CNG:

1. While on CNG check whether RPM are fluctuate from 1000 when speed is zero?

I'm sure this is happening then you should do only one thing: Change all Spark Plugs with NGK (LPG/CNG Type).

If problem persist, than go to 3S dealer and try by replacing Spark Plug cable sets, costs Rs; 6000/. Your problem will solved.

RPM suddenly drops on low speed on CNG because CNG has low combustion power than Petrol thus required propper current to remain start at low speed.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have cultus VXLi 2007 dec starting main jab aii athi .. Engine is perfect no rpm no other issue just change my efi card and installed used once 2year before. my cng millage 100 km in city . out city 150 to 180. gari main timing belt choo chooooon chooo ki awaz ati the os k sarri bearing jo change karwa liy or chrome karway .. main plug wire changed due to running in rain water. total cost 2000/- and my car is perfect working since last 2 year.
    jo log karachi main rahty hen vo apni car Mohsin autos main zaror dekhao may b u prblm should be solve..

address wireless gate near jinnah view .. service road going to raf-e-am society (Malir halt )

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus EFI 07 rpm dropping issue due to Engine wires and plugs

Dear i had same issue with my cultus EFI 07. Did lots of checkup tuning stuff but finally i went to Islambad I9 suzuki workshop. There i ask them to check everything and resolve issue. They suggested to do cylinder cleaning cost 6000 Rs, then i changed stepper motor as well but issue still was there so last i changed engine wires plugs with other new model cultus and rpm stable .......... so i took used Cultus engine complete wire set and all it cost me 10000 rupees ........... i also changed belts etc due to noise in timing belt etc

but issue was with Engine wire plugs and stepper motor type thing with EFI unit to control gas flow the rest i did was good cause nw my cultus make 200km and engine is very smooth and quite

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki vehicles are trouble

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

U have cultus VXR.. Rpm 0-1000 fluctuate krta rehta hay whenever it is in neutral.. Cng pay koi prob nae rpm ki.. Petrol pay problem hay.. Help please

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I*

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got same problem but in a weird way...

I started my car in the morning as a routine, i let it to turn on for almost 120 seconds and when on a lil acceleration it went on cng, it turned off itself. i started again and on converting to CNG it went off again even i pressed the accelerator to the maximum but as it convert on cng it the accelerator become dead, feels like there is no pressure in it, anyway i was getting late from office i switched it on petrol and started my journey. The distance from my home to office is almost 20 minutes drive. During the journey i tried several time to convert it to CNG (even at the speed of 80kmh) but all in vain, as i convert it to CNG the accelerator looses its pressure and rpm, speed starting to decreases so i had to convert it back to petrol.

But surprisingly on my way back, when i start my car in the evening and after converting it to CNG all went good and never faced this problem again. It happened 3 days ago and i havent faced the problem again.

Can somebody help me why it happened and how to prevent it if it happens in future. what would be the root cause of it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Shahid Mehmood

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chshahid2k View Post
    I got same problem but in a weird way...

I started my car in the morning as a routine, i let it to turn on for almost 120 seconds and when on a lil acceleration it went on cng, it turned off itself. i started again and on converting to CNG it went off again even i pressed the accelerator to the maximum but as it convert on cng it the accelerator become dead, feels like there is no pressure in it, anyway i was getting late from office i switched it on petrol and started my journey. The distance from my home to office is almost 20 minutes drive. During the journey i tried several time to convert it to CNG (even at the speed of 80kmh) but all in vain, as i convert it to CNG the accelerator looses its pressure and rpm, speed starting to decreases so i had to convert it back to petrol.

But surprisingly on my way back, when i start my car in the evening and after converting it to CNG all went good and never faced this problem again. It happened 3 days ago and i havent faced the problem again.

Can somebody help me why it happened and how to prevent it if it happens in future. what would be the root cause of it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Shahid Mehmood
    Your car has stepper motor or t-valve for controlling cng??

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    Your car has stepper motor or t-valve for controlling cng??

Definately it would have, because it is Cultus EFI FF CNG, model 2010 (late with new lights)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Most probably the stepper motor is being jammed.i used to have the same issue on cold starts so decided to change the motor but it was for rs 5000 so i installed manual t instead of motor

Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List