Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old Cultus Radiator: Need Coolant?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile Old Cultus Radiator: Need Coolant?

Hello guys

I bought a cultus 06 carby recently. And let me tell you, sellers in this country are ******-bags.

Anyways, the cultus had heating problem and yesterday I got its radiator cleaned. The radiator guy said that this is not original cultus radiator but an old one put in later (second-hand). Needlessly, I had it cleaned and put back in.

However, the mechanic is telling me not to put coolant in it otherwise, it will again clog the radiator.

Now, if I dont put coolant in then how will the head and arteries of the engine will get cleaned?

I am confused at this point and not in position of changing the radiator. Please suggest a course of action.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adding coolant may not fix the problem. Coolant can raise the boiling Tempraure but there shud be some other factors as well which is causing Heat up of engine.
    I also Own Cultus 2005 Bought 4 Months back, the radiator was in very poor Condition & fan was direct the I asked radiator wala for service but he deny to work as the fins are too much clogged how evr upon my intrest he perform the job for me i got service by dismantelling both side tank ( usauly they dismantel only 1 side). After the cleaning i put New Radiaotor cap & coolant. Now summer is on peak & may Cars cooling system is working perfectly fine in presence of Thermostat Valve & Auto FAN operation even with AC.

As u have already get done servicing of Radiator so 1st check & fix the minute leaakinng in cooling system by adding some chaep coolant (it will pop up easliy from leaks & will be visible) & must replace Radiator cap with some good quality. Since ur car is not equiped with orignal radiator so the Fan & its operation is also a question mark Usualy the FAN have mounting & shrouding accordance to design of radiator so if the fan is not properfly fixed & shrouded on the radiotor it will never produce sufficient thrust to cool it down.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Imran

I check the water levels frequently and the water doesnt decrease from radiator, however the bottle needs to put in water in 3,4 days once.

What is thermostat? Is that the heat needle? Mine doesnt go above the halfway line even if the car is fully hot so I have a suspicion that maybe the artery going to the theromstat needle is blocked by rust and this is where the coolant will help?

Thanks,

Khuram

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If Temp Needle dosnt go above the half then ur car is not heating up. Regarding minute reduction of water in reservoir bottle it cud be due to Poor Radiator cap so get the Radiotor CAP changed & fill some good Quality coolant hope full yr issue would be resolved. BTW dont forgot to check Fan operation which included its speed & proper mounting/shrouding.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Imran, I will definitely do these.

Regarding Fan, yesterday the whole radiator was dismantled and fan was part of it. Fan had 3 good bolts and one broken inside but it is a good fan (mistry said) and in direct mode.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List