Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ch.talal

Thread: Over-heated Suzuki Cultus VXRi 2009

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasim80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Over-heated Suzuki Cultus VXRi 2009

    Assalam O Allikum Friends,

    I just bought Suzuki Cultus 2009 VXRi. First I would like to know where will be the needle of Cool & Hot remain during driving with AC on. (e.g. in the middle or above the middle towards H).
    My car need reached at H level after 10 minutes drive. I observed that sometime engine fan is running sometime not. What are the other problems you think about this problem? Anyone know good mechanic or electrician in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 1,2,3,4,5 area?


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    digitalmohsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,350
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    welcome to pakwheels. your car's needle should remain in middle exactly. if needle is moving any further then your car is over heating. get your radiator serviced and provide feedback here.
    20GB Free Online Storage: Sign-up Now: https://copy.com?r=CPom47

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    digitalmohsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,350
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    your car's fan is automatic which is good. but from your thread it seems you have little knowledge regarding cars so you need to spend considerable amount of time on pakwheels. so start reading this article by crazy_rider: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...or-fan-harmful
    20GB Free Online Storage: Sign-up Now: https://copy.com?r=CPom47

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalahmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    8,435
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Walaikum-us-Salam,
    If the T-stat valve in installed and the fan is running on auto then the needle should stay near the mid mark.
    Reason for an over heating engine is usually a clogged radiator.
    Get the radiator serviced and then share the results with us.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasim80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks Mohsin, yes I do not have much knowledge about cars or engines

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasim80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    OK I share the results...

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    agoodfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,551
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wasim80 View Post
    Assalam O Allikum Friends,

    I just bought Suzuki Cultus 2009 VXRi. First I would like to know where will be the needle of Cool & Hot remain during driving with AC on. (e.g. in the middle or above the middle towards H).
    My car need reached at H level after 10 minutes drive. I observed that sometime engine fan is running sometime not. What are the other problems you think about this problem? Anyone know good mechanic or electrician in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Block 1,2,3,4,5 area?
    your car seems working properlly,,,,,,,,,,,,,needle should remain in mid and fan is also automatically switching on and off ,,,,,,,,,its all normal

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rizkhan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agoodfriend View Post
    your car seems working properlly,,,,,,,,,,,,,needle should remain in mid and fan is also automatically switching on and off ,,,,,,,,,its all normal
    dear i am afraid its NOT normal if he is saying that needle reaches H in 10 minutes straight??
    @poster among other reasons for this abnormal condition few possible reasons can be as follows.
    1) even if its installed..still u need to get ur T-stat valve checked for any malfunction...
    2) as said earlier blockage/clogging or leakage of radiator and waterways may also have caused it...did u notice any reduction in the water/coolant level in the radiator and the adjacent plastic bottle?? a khraab radiator cap might also b the oft-ignored culprit.

    Better go for some radiator-workshop if u dont know any u can find them in hundreds in ur nearby mechanics areas for radiator flushing and cleaning...or go to Pak Suzuki 3S workshop and tell them to check the T-Stat valve and other malfunctions of ur radiator etc.
    in any case DO NOT go for removal of thermostat if its working properly..if its not working properly replace it with a new tstat valve...
    also DO NOT go for drektt fan (direct)...automatic fan setting is best.
    if possible replace water with a quality coolant (Toyota or Caltex etc) after cleaning and flushing ur radiator...
    i hope that will solve ur problems

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    wasim80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks friends for all suggestions, what I observed in the last two days... fan is not working properly, it is stuck and need some hand push to run the fan and after that needle comes in the middle. I visited mechanic and he did service of fan's motor but still this problem occurs... fan need's to push to start. Mechanic told me the fan's motor is not good quality and better to put Japanese motor that cost 5000 rupee... What is your opinion about that?

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    majidmalik1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i am owner of cultus vxli 2010. i was facing heatup engine problem in 2011 and 2012 in summer. i visit suzuki township motors suzuki sethi motors suzuki cantt motor and suzuki adil zafar motor in lahore for this problem and every visit i pay 5000 rupees for different parts and service. almost i pay 30,000 rupees. but every one say me that"abb car heatup nai ho gi" issue was "car work well with A/C in city but heatup on long way " what the car mechanic did. (radiator service,radiator cap change, water pump fan chang, coolent change, radiator fan direct,engine gas kit change,AC service,AC gas fill,) but the problem was not solved.and they said that sold the car. i love my car and did not want to sale. finally i change the radiator form a machine suggestion. i buy allwin radiator in 5800.and put it in my cultus. next day 27 june i visit lahore to multan on high way day time. it was hot day. i drive car at 100 k/m speed and A/c on. the car engine was cool. after 2 day 30 june i visit lahore to islamabad via motorway. and speed was 100+ and engine was cool. i was happy that i solved my problem. my car problem was radiator nali was closed and did not crossing water in these nali. if the car do not loss the water level in radiator and the radiator fan is direct working and you car heatup then it is radiator nali problem. if car loss water level then its radiator leak problem.

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MoizIrfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,960
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majidmalik1 View Post
    i am owner of cultus vxli 2010. i was facing heatup engine problem in 2011 and 2012 in summer. i visit suzuki township motors suzuki sethi motors suzuki cantt motor and suzuki adil zafar motor in lahore for this problem and every visit i pay 5000 rupees for different parts and service. almost i pay 30,000 rupees. but every one say me that"abb car heatup nai ho gi" issue was "car work well with A/C in city but heatup on long way " what the car mechanic did. (radiator service,radiator cap change, water pump fan chang, coolent change, radiator fan direct,engine gas kit change,AC service,AC gas fill,) but the problem was not solved.and they said that sold the car. i love my car and did not want to sale. finally i change the radiator form a machine suggestion. i buy allwin radiator in 5800.and put it in my cultus. next day 27 june i visit lahore to multan on high way day time. it was hot day. i drive car at 100 k/m speed and A/c on. the car engine was cool. after 2 day 30 june i visit lahore to islamabad via motorway. and speed was 100+ and engine was cool. i was happy that i solved my problem. my car problem was radiator nali was closed and did not crossing water in these nali. if the car do not loss the water level in radiator and the radiator fan is direct working and you car heatup then it is radiator nali problem. if car loss water level then its radiator leak problem.
    U were using water before??
    I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension...............................Ayrton Senna

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    majidmalik1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    25
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    samja nai dear.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Was you using tap water in the radiator ?
    Well it is quite disappointing that non of the motors which you had visited did not recommend you to change the radiator once.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    ch.talal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Most of the mechanics working at 3s are dumb and stupid. They are incapable of figuring out actual problem. Besides if car is running with direct radiator fan and it is still heating up, it is the sign of choked radiator. If on auto mode the car is heating up, either temperature sensor is bad, radiator is choked, t-stat valve is stuck or ecu might have some problem.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    shafijamali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Cultus Heatup issue on long route.

    I am have overheating issue with my Cultus using on Long route (Super Highway). I have been visited Pak Suzuki Showrooms in Karachi and Hyderabad, But they did not find any problem with car. Karachi Showroom (Macca Motors) just replaced the radiator cap. still same issue on long route.

    Then I visited different Mechanics in Karachi to check same overheating issue, they have replace my Radiator, all water pipes and facing of Head. Still i am getting same issue & until three time Gaskit have been replaced.
    yesterday again I went to another Mechanic as suggested by friend. the mechanic told that, their in issue with Cultus Radiator (Already Radiator have been replaced 6 month ago) and pumps, he suggested me for "double nali" radiator and new water pipes.
    Please suggest. I am much confused what to do to resolve the overheating issue of Cultus on superhighway.
    Note: A/C or Without A/C Cultus must have to heat up after 150 Kilometrs.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,544
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shafijamali View Post
    I am have overheating issue with my Cultus using on Long route (Super Highway). I have been visited Pak Suzuki Showrooms in Karachi and Hyderabad, But they did not find any problem with car. Karachi Showroom (Macca Motors) just replaced the radiator cap. still same issue on long route.

    Then I visited different Mechanics in Karachi to check same overheating issue, they have replace my Radiator, all water pipes and facing of Head. Still i am getting same issue & until three time Gaskit have been replaced.
    yesterday again I went to another Mechanic as suggested by friend. the mechanic told that, their in issue with Cultus Radiator (Already Radiator have been replaced 6 month ago) and pumps, he suggested me for "double nali" radiator and new water pipes.
    Please suggest. I am much confused what to do to resolve the overheating issue of Cultus on superhighway.
    Note: A/C or Without A/C Cultus must have to heat up after 150 Kilometrs.
    Carby cultus?

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    shafijamali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    CAR is Pak Suzuki Cultus

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,544
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shafijamali View Post
    CAR is Pak Suzuki Cultus
    Efi hai ya carburetor wali?

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    biloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,280
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Efi hai ya carburetor wali?
    Efi came in 2008 so ths is an Efi .

    Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •