Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cultus 2000 Help needed regarding Engine. Experts Please !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus 2000 Help needed regarding Engine. Experts Please !!!

Dear P.W Members I am facing cultus engine prob and need ur sugestion Please.

Car : Suzuki Cultus
    Model: 2000
    milage: 97000Km
    fuel: Cng
    Oil Used: Caltex havolive 20 w 50

I had got my car heated up on gt road as rediator get leak temperature gauge stays at mid and car shutdowns itself when I checked engine was extremely hot, in short got blown head gaskit.

1. Mechanic Face the head and fit it back, but now i feel engine gets more heat than b4 but temp gauge show the normal and occasionally feels loss in power especially when stuck in rush or when engine feels hot.

2. Radiator upper hose pipe built pressure than usual. Radiator fan is on "Auto" but when If I run radiator fan direct then it seems to be ok. some time rattling sound of tik tik came from tappet cover.

3. There is excess Vacuum problem in air filter as it sucking oil from engine at high speeds on long routes when accelerated at constant speed of 90-100 km/H resulted engine oil in carburetor and high blue smoke from tailpipe. Checked by some mechanics they says that its because of worn ring, but i face no smoke problem during normal drive it gives smoke only at start-up if accelerated and its only for 5 -8 seconds.

4. While using A/C or full load on means full seating breaking feels to be dead even I fully pressed break paddle.

Now mostly mechanic says that I have to change headgaskit, facing of head and block again and rings replacement. and some are suggesting to replace engine assembly with kabuli one. And for brake problem they are sugesting to change master cylinder.

Kindly advise which should be the best possibility and solution for above factors, and can putting double gaskit had any adverse effects?

Waiting for ur valuable sugestions. Experts please help out !!

Best Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how about checking compression
    worst case scenario get the head swapped with kabli and new rings

agree on master cylinder change.borrow a kabli one, see if it makes any difference
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    how about checking compression
    worst case scenario get the head swapped with kabli and new rings

agree on master cylinder change.borrow a kabli one, see if it makes any difference
    had not gone through compression test bro should it be helpful to diagnose the exact problem? mechanic just check by taking off spark plug cables one by one and on removing very left one which is besides timing belt engine goes shut off.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thats the desi crude way to do cylinder balance testing
    proper way to find out is by knowing how much should be a healthy engines compression reading
    and check yours cylinder by cylinder

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

head faced fitted with double gas kit usually wont perform well on road, heated feel is common, you need to replace head but before you do that you cylinder leakage test to found out where is the pressure leak, is it valve seals or rings. oil in the air filter is a sign of a blow by which a sign on a weak engine. blue smoke is oil in the emission a sign weak engine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Hash4u and mikmech for ur response, today done engine compression test and the reading are not good at all

Cyl 1 75 psi
    Cyl 2 100 psi
    Cyl 3 80 psi

whats ur recommendation to keep in mind while going to mechanic. and can u please guide that can leakage in radiator could
    also be one cause of building pressure in coolant system?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mian_Wasim View Post
    Thanks Hash4u and mikmech for ur response, today done engine compression test and the reading are not good at all

Cyl 1 75 psi
    Cyl 2 100 psi
    Cyl 3 80 psi

whats ur recommendation to keep in mind while going to mechanic. and can u please guide that can leakage in radiator could
    Brother where from you got the compression tested and in how much?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shazaryab bro i got it done from Garage master which located at back of Federal Urdu University zeropoint. and frankely speaking they have not charged from me as i gone through reference by Garage master2 commercial market. i think normally they charge approx 250 or 300.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cultus 2000 Help needed regarding Engine Experts Please !!! -438862
    This is what service manual says.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shazaryab View Post
    Cultus 2000 Help needed regarding Engine Experts Please !!! -438862
    This is what service manual says.
    Thanks bro n mine is very much below standard which needs lot of attention but m very confused every single mechanic i visit have his own different story from full over haul to head overhaul, had just changed headgaskit 2 months before and again start creating problem now I care much to identify the problem first then doing the right job.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

those are extremely poor compression readings, your valve seats must be really bad. Did you also put some oil in the cylinders and did the test again?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    those are extremely poor compression readings, your valve seats must be really bad. Did you also put some oil in the cylinders and did the test again?
    Thanks Zulfiqar bro for ur attention he did wet test aswel but there was diff of only 15- 35 psi on all three unfortunately i was not able to save that exact reading.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the strange thing is that after all that culprit car's milage on cng goes up than b4.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cyl 1 75 psi
    Cyl 2 100 psi
    Cyl 3 80 psi

wasim COMPRESSION TEST IS QUITE CONCLUSIVE is engine very weak with the history of the car i would advise to get a good kabli head replacement once you get your head remove form the engine block check for loose pistons and rings if they are very loose then go for a complete engine overhaul
    p.s make should to go a workshop where they had data for torque and sequence for tightening nut and bolts for your engine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

unless and untill u r sure about mechanics and the parts available in open market

my colleague replaced his cultus gasket twice.
    third time it overheated he went for assembly swap a few days back from, mithu khan/pindi.
    assembly from a efi cultus cost him 43k giving old engine along.(his cultus is 2006 carby one)
    he was also telling me xli's assembly is cheaper then cultus :/
    total expense 60k

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just came back from mitho khan ahata and check 3 4 heads and price ranging from 16k to 20k bit higher than my expectation refurbished cost around 12k and as far as engine assembly is concerned that prices are still on higher side as for old caby model ranging bw 25k - 32k depending on condition but for sure you have an expert with you for buying and negotiation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

to be honest I think the compression tester was bad - 75 psi is such a low reading that that cylinder would actually refuse to fire. and if the head has been milled many times - its probably bad now unless you want to reshape the combustion chambers and also install a handmade woodruff key in the cam pulley.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i had seen few cultus caby model that are suffering from excess oil blow on higer rpm at highways that oil suck by airfilter chamber and smoke screen through tailpipe , even one of mine friend gone for full overhaul and was suffering the same problem again. same happens to me aswell as i double check rings while head was off but after on highway same **** happens and its embarrassing, what i have to do just keeping in mind to soft foot on higher rpms. but some time it dont work.

was browsing on G10 engine problem found that

"Imagine if you will, what's happening up on top of the head at freeway speeds: The motor is turning at 1800+ RPMs, and because of the increased gap abnormal amounts of oil are bleeding out around the worn camshaft bearing surfaces. The excess oil can't drain off the radiator side of the head fast enough (which may be why they recommend 5W-30 rather than 10W-30 oil?), and since the firewall-side head gasket drainback holes are so tiny, oil can't drain past them fast enough either. So, the oil eventually fills up the firewall side drainback holes, and once they've filled up, what happens? The oil begins to flood the top of the head, with the level gradually rising around the bottom of the valve springs that are rapidly being slammed up and down.
    Up above this rising tide, you have the cam slinging and splattering oil all over the inside of the valve cover with the lobes slapping against the top of the hydraulic lifters, pulverizing the oil there into tiny droplets, which is all fine and good as far as that goes, but if you haven't figured it out by now, the real kicker comes with the increased oil pulverization that's occurring down below around the valve springs that are becoming steeped deeper and deeper in the pooled oil...
    At these high RPMs, in my mind's eye, it becomes something akin to a fog bank on the inside of the valve cover, only it's an extremely violent environment. Now, add the crank case blow-by gasses coming up the drainback channels with the increased vacuum coming from the lower half of the air filter housing as the motor is sucking in huge amounts of air and fuel down the throttle body (yeah, yeah, I know... it's only a 1 liter engine), and, well, there's going to be a draft carrying those tiny little oil droplets right up and out the top of the valve cover, through the PVC vent tube and into the air filter housing, resulting in an oil-soaked air filter housing and throttle body and blue smoke behind:

Xperts what your opinion about that can you please !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Zulfiqar bhai i will try to get compression test from another place tomorrow if will able to find. As most of workshop shop mechanics even not know about engine compression check meter or will buy my own one tomorrow.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear P.W Members I am facing cultus engine prob and need ur sugestion Please.

Car : Suzuki Cultus
    Model: 2000
    milage: 97000Km
    fuel: Cng
    Oil Used: Caltex havolive 20 w 50

I had got my car heated up on gt road as rediator get leak temperature gauge stays at mid and car shutdowns itself when I checked engine was extremely hot, in short got blown head gaskit.

1. Mechanic Face the head and fit it back, but now i feel engine gets more heat than b4 but temp gauge show the normal and occasionally feels loss in power especially when stuck in rush or when engine feels hot.

2. Radiator upper hose pipe built pressure than usual. Radiator fan is on "Auto" but when If I run radiator fan direct then it seems to be ok. some time rattling sound of tik tik came from tappet cover.

3. There is excess Vacuum problem in air filter as it sucking oil from engine at high speeds on long routes when accelerated at constant speed of 90-100 km/H resulted engine oil in carburetor and high blue smoke from tailpipe. Checked by some mechanics they says that its because of worn ring, but i face no smoke problem during normal drive it gives smoke only at start-up if accelerated and its only for 5 -8 seconds.

4. While using A/C or full load on means full seating breaking feels to be dead even I fully pressed break paddle.

Now mostly mechanic says that I have to change headgaskit, facing of head and block again and rings replacement. and some are suggesting to replace engine assembly with kabuli one. And for brake problem they are sugesting to change master cylinder.

Kindly advise which should be the best possibility and solution for above factors, and can putting double gaskit had any adverse effects?

Waiting for ur valuable sugestions. Experts please help out !!

Best Regards
    hello bro
    same thing happened with my cultus it was 2003 and 145000km driven! exactly the same thing happened 1 time heated up on motorway but survived as we stopped for refreshments and noticed it overheated and the funny part gauge was on the middle all that time and then 2nd time again motorway this time engine was done got it overhauled but no use same things again occurred then we had to sell it in cheap! someone told me that overhauling is not effective for cultus a new assembly is good! any ways do let us know the progress!
    HONDA+NISSAN=POWER MEETS STYLE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List