Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cultus 2000 Help needed regarding Engine. Experts Please !!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus 2000 Help needed regarding Engine. Experts Please !!!

Dear P.W Members I am facing cultus engine prob and need ur sugestion Please.

Car : Suzuki Cultus
    Model: 2000
    milage: 97000Km
    fuel: Cng
    Oil Used: Caltex havolive 20 w 50

I had got my car heated up on gt road as rediator get leak temperature gauge stays at mid and car shutdowns itself when I checked engine was extremely hot, in short got blown head gaskit.

1. Mechanic Face the head and fit it back, but now i feel engine gets more heat than b4 but temp gauge show the normal and occasionally feels loss in power especially when stuck in rush or when engine feels hot.

2. Radiator upper hose pipe built pressure than usual. Radiator fan is on "Auto" but when If I run radiator fan direct then it seems to be ok. some time rattling sound of tik tik came from tappet cover.

3. There is excess Vacuum problem in air filter as it sucking oil from engine at high speeds on long routes when accelerated at constant speed of 90-100 km/H resulted engine oil in carburetor and high blue smoke from tailpipe. Checked by some mechanics they says that its because of worn ring, but i face no smoke problem during normal drive it gives smoke only at start-up if accelerated and its only for 5 -8 seconds.

4. While using A/C or full load on means full seating breaking feels to be dead even I fully pressed break paddle.

Now mostly mechanic says that I have to change headgaskit, facing of head and block again and rings replacement. and some are suggesting to replace engine assembly with kabuli one. And for brake problem they are sugesting to change master cylinder.

Kindly advise which should be the best possibility and solution for above factors, and can putting double gaskit had any adverse effects?

Waiting for ur valuable sugestions. Experts please help out !!

Best Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes the headgasket is very odd design at the side of the engine with the exhaust manifold, the oil drain holes and even the coolant holes are tiny, I used to punch the oil ones wider and the coolant ones gradual towards cyl 3 whenever I did a cultus HG.The valves themselves need to be set to specific height on rebuild - it is to ensure the valve lifters dont overwork themselves trying to compensate the gap.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today gone for radiator service and found that radiator was leaked from top and bottom tank, got that serviced 3 months back was ok that time. Any how changed my radiator with new 1. costed Rs 3.2K with exchange of old one. and after reaching home observed air-bubbles continuously in radiator inlet.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear members problem solved till now:

Timing was retard as checked by timing gun, was on 10 and distributor was fully moved so have to adjust timing belt as previous mechanic don't put on exact place. Changed timing belt as-well as 98k on odo. and timing adjusted on 18 now. time belt was of Rs 450

There was water leakage in place near timing belt pully coolant sunk from engine head from that place and was not visible because of belt cover, in mechanic terms " engine ki tikki" was badly damaged which previous mechanic had not care about as-wel while changing head gas-kit ( acting like tap water if removed the radiator cap and i think it was the main reason of heat up last time resulting of empty radiator with loose radiator cap) Engine ki Tikki cosed Rs 30

oil blow issue was of damaged pcv valve, that's changed as-well now costed Rs 850.

last weekend have chance to go on long with full load and with a/c on, there was no as such issue of heat up, low pick and oil blow, pick is bit awesome now with very much quite engine.

Thanks Xulfiqar bhai, hash4u, shazaryab, mikmech for you time and sugestions which helps me lot to deal with. will back to u soon after checking more results.
    Regards

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List