Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default AISAN Carburetor Autochoke: From Cultus

Dear All,
    I am trying to figure out how to set the autochoke time at cold startup on cultus. As per google, its an AISAN 2 Barrel carburetor. and I found a schematic for that as well.

First The Problem:
    The car starts fine, with cold idle rpms at about 1.2K on CNG. About 1.5k on Petrol. As soon as a accelerator is pressed, lets say driving till the end of the street, the rpms fall suddenly to about 600 (vibration zone). This happens in a two step, first down to 1k and then down to 600 (as per the 3 step cam profile for choke. Fig1). Probably the vacuum linkage to autochoke lever pulls it back before time, and the choke fails to hold. The rpms settle down to about 900 to 1k after driving about 2 kilometers.

The Mechanic Solution:
    I need to tighten choke rpm screw. This would increase idle rpm and heat up the engine earlier thus when choke opens fully, i dont see much of the fall on rpm scale. Strictly prohibits fiddling with autochoke itself as it can damage the bimetallic coil inside. This solution causes rpms to rise upto 2.3k range when on petrol. Did all this in the past. Not feasible in my opinion.

What I think:
    The autochoke iteself has a scale on its circumference. If the holding plate is loosen up and the choke rotated counter clockwise, that might help to increase choke time.

Fellows, need your help about what to do. Please advise.

Fig1
    AISAN Carburetor Autochoke From Cultus -450143

Fig2
    AISAN Carburetor Autochoke From Cultus -450142
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the little housing has a scale of lean and rich for this very purpose. The problem is that CNG is fed from the top of the carburettor and the choke plate encourages high volume fuel delivery from below the choke plate, You cannot make this work good with CNG, best adjust it on petrol, wait for engine to get to normal temperature (less than 5 minutes) and then when the choke plate is fully open then switch to CNG.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, if i understand correctly, that housing when rotated would en-richen the mix on petrol startup. Hmmmmm

Is there any way I can block the vacuum from manifold to diaphragm 22 in the pic?? , or disconnect the choke element supply (from the combined connector of Choke and Fuel Cut)???

Would that work or would it lead to more problems?? I just need the throttle to hold a little bit longer on step 1 or 2.......
    The Soul's Journey After Death in Islam (www.bit.ly/SoulsJourney) -- Originally Shared by kse101

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is the choke breaker - why do you want to disconnect it?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Because as soon as i bring the car out of garage, it goes to near stall......Excessive engine vibrations. Have to keep a constant foot on gas and drive it for some time to get them stable........

That choke breaker causes the choke to open before time. I know its not the solution but what else can be done??? To me it seems impossible to start on petrol....and switch back. Takes too much time to burn all the fuel in carb float to convert back.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The choke breaker is to prevent stalling - otherwise on petrol the engine will flood after starting. This little opening is what is allowing CNG to flow in the carb when the choke is working. If you are trying to just use the car on CNG then you are actually killing the petrol system, You should always start on petrol let it warm up and then convert to gas. It doesnt take long

7. 27-07-2012, 02:02 AM

Site Banned

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

I have a carby cultus 06 recently purchased. When I checked its butterfly the mechanic told that its auto choke is ripped out.
    I am having a lot of trouble in the morning and even after driving a few miles, the car still vibrates when I stop on a signal.

What should I do? I asked the mechanic (Billa Ustaad - Badar Engineering) and he told that it will take 5000 to fix auto-choke.

What do you suggest? Do I take the plunge?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List