Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CULTUS bubbles in radiator

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    prince101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default CULTUS bubbles in radiator (SOLVED)

    I have cultus CNG 2006 , milage = 99k i face a problem of bubbles in radiator and some time radiator throws water in the bottle > their is no heat up issue > their is no sign of water and engine oil mix up > no somke from exhaust > fan is direct and thier is no thermostate valve > raditor is 2 nali , make = loards > radiator cap is changed , made in japan 3 to 4 days before i found water leakage from the heater pipes in bonnet i got to mechanic he change the pipe and also he found that the one little small point below the distributor is rusted so he took out that part and repair it. the leakage problem is solved but i face bubble problem in the radiator .I got to 4 local mechanic and one suzuki authorized dealersthe Suzuki authorized dealer said that the head needs to be service also the bubbles is due to the head gaskit and expense is 15k of head service 2 local mechanic also said that the head gaskit problem1 mechanic said that the gaskit is ok the system takes air form some where1 mechanic said that it is due to the thermostat valve put the thermostate valve and the problem gone Now i need the expert opinion from pak wheels members , please help me out .. thanx


  2. #41
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,735
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    there is no bleeder on the Pakistani assembled civics, the japanese models have a bleed nipple on the top radiator pipe flange.. To bleed, you need to park the car nose up and squeeze the pipes with engine running and heater running at full to remove all air.

    You can also try to use the small coolant pipes on the back of the engine to bleed air - they go to the throttle body.
    LOL...No Bolt...Panga He Mukadiya....!!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  3. #42
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    ^Pakistani logic at its best.......
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  4. #43
    PakWheeler Follow
    prince101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Alhumdillah problem is solved

    PROBLEM IS SOLVED
    before Eid i go to machanic for head gasket change but he advice me that their is very minor leak in the gasket so it is not necessary to change the gasket at this stage so i decided to not change the gasket and decided to use some good quality coolant in the radiator so i buy 2 bottles of union extended life coolant which is dark blue in color so after 2 to 3 days i see some drops of blue coolant into my gariage. So im sure about it that their is a leak in the cooling system before ,this it is necessary to mention here that before this blue coolant i use CALTAX extended life coolant which is orange in color , and after that i use osaka coolant green in color but i was unabable to find any leak , after seeing the blue drops on the floor i open the bonet and check each and every point but i was unabel to find any leak so i took my car in the sunlight and agin try to find the leak and this time i was lucky i found the leak on the small pipe which is connected between the heater pipe and the CNG kit , the leak is very minor that is why the coolant level in the radiator never drops so i change this pipe with very good quality pipe and now ALHUMDILLAH their is no bubbles in the radiator
    I want to slute all the local machanics and all the suzuki authorized dealers who tell me that head gasket is leak and head needs to be service and the expense is 15 K
    Thanx to ALLAH who saves me from gasket change because 2 times i go to machanic for gasket change but luckily the machanic is very honest man and he advice me not change the gasket at this stage .


    Thanx to all pak wheels members , speciallay XULFIQAR bahai .

    I attach the pics of the pipe which have a very minor leak and create the huge problem and the pic of the coolant which iv oil like coolant very good in quality
    CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030359CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030362CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030359CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030362CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030359CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030359

  5. #44
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    That is why I always say to test with a pressure rig with engine cold, you can then inspect all places with a bright light and also feel the leaks.

    btw this pipe is a ba$tard as it can also internally corrode to about only 20% of its size which then causes the coolant to stall in the engine and overheat. This partly is due to the thermostat housing design too.

    Anyway - good that you got is solved.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  6. #45
    PakWheeler Follow
    billa69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    congrats man finally you solved the issue by your self thats quite an achievement, thumbs up for that
    will definately try what you have done , tell me where did u get this coolant from and is this easily available and how did you manage to find out the leak , I mean does this coolant leaves a mark on the floor when theres a leakage
    secondly tell me did you radiator make pressure before , when you opened the radiator when the car was cold and left for overnight did the water use to erupt with a pressure from the radiator while opening the radiator cap ,

  7. #46
    PakWheeler Follow
    prince101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billa69 View Post
    congrats man finally you solved the issue by your self thats quite an achievement, thumbs up for that
    will definately try what you have done , tell me where did u get this coolant from and is this easily available and how did you manage to find out the leak , I mean does this coolant leaves a mark on the floor when theres a leakage
    secondly tell me did you radiator make pressure before , when you opened the radiator when the car was cold and left for overnight did the water use to erupt with a pressure from the radiator while opening the radiator cap ,
    thanx yar .... I buy this coolant from the shah faisal town near makro star gate as i already told in my above post that i try CALTAX coolant which is red in color and OSAKA coolant which is green in color but they did not help me to find the leak this coolant is very good and it can not evaporate due to heat so thats why it makes it possible to find the leak and it is oil like coolant .
    yes my radiator makes pressure and it throws water into the bottle but when i use this coolant the radiator makes very less pressure and doesn't throw water in the radiator so this coolant solves my 50% of the problem .

  8. #47
    PakWheeler Follow
    Angeldust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    148
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You solved 50% of your problem beacouse you change faulty water hose with new.Only the change of coolant cant make magic.

  9. #48
    PakWheeler Follow
    prince101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angeldust View Post
    You solved 50% of your problem beacouse you change faulty water hose with new.Only the change of coolant cant make magic.
    i solve 100 % percent of my problem
    50% due to coolant because this is oil like coolant so it have very high boiling point its mean that coolant never boil in the radiator and the radiator makes less pressure and this is the reason that the radiator not throw coolant in the bottle on the other hand water have low boiling point and when it boils it makes pressure in the radiator and due to this pressure the radiator throws water in the bottle but after change the coolant i still see the bubbles in the radiator and this coolant help me to find the leak and i change the faulty pipe which solves 100 % percent of my problem

  10. #49
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,735
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prince101 View Post
    PROBLEM IS SOLVED
    before Eid i go to machanic for head gasket change but he advice me that their is very minor leak in the gasket so it is not necessary to change the gasket at this stage so i decided to not change the gasket and decided to use some good quality coolant in the radiator so i buy 2 bottles of union extended life coolant which is dark blue in color so after 2 to 3 days i see some drops of blue coolant into my gariage. So im sure about it that their is a leak in the cooling system before ,this it is necessary to mention here that before this blue coolant i use CALTAX extended life coolant which is orange in color , and after that i use osaka coolant green in color but i was unabable to find any leak , after seeing the blue drops on the floor i open the bonet and check each and every point but i was unabel to find any leak so i took my car in the sunlight and agin try to find the leak and this time i was lucky i found the leak on the small pipe which is connected between the heater pipe and the CNG kit , the leak is very minor that is why the coolant level in the radiator never drops so i change this pipe with very good quality pipe and now ALHUMDILLAH their is no bubbles in the radiator
    I want to slute all the local machanics and all the suzuki authorized dealers who tell me that head gasket is leak and head needs to be service and the expense is 15 K
    Thanx to ALLAH who saves me from gasket change because 2 times i go to machanic for gasket change but luckily the machanic is very honest man and he advice me not change the gasket at this stage .


    Thanx to all pak wheels members , speciallay XULFIQAR bahai .

    I attach the pics of the pipe which have a very minor leak and create the huge problem and the pic of the coolant which iv oil like coolant very good in quality
    CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030359CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030362CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030359CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030362CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030359CULTUS bubbles in radiator -1030359
    Good That You Are Safe....Water Leaks Are Actually Easy To detect If You Physically Inspect When Car Is Heating Up And Building Pressure....!!

    Anyways....Good That You Sorted Or I SWEAR.....You Block/Head Faced This Time Will Be Of No Use...
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  11. 28-08-2012, 01:55 PM

    Site Banned


  12. #50
    PakWheeler Follow
    siraj_7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    try changing the radiator cap, also see if the neck is bent etc and if the lower base of the neck where the rubber of the radiator cap will sit is perfectly smooth without any bend. Try the 100 rupees SNA cap. See if the pressure is still building or not.

  13. #51
    PakWheeler Follow
    harris24742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default bleeding bolt's position of mehran

    a friend's '15 mehran vxr got overheeated a week ago. he drives about 15 km 4 days a week and the car's 1500k on the odo. anyway, he got it replenished with normal water and noted considerable fall in the radiator bottle. today we took it to a dealership. a pipe had a slight leakage which i guess came with this brand new car from the factory. [observing the tear pattern]
    the mechanic there has filled it with water again and advised to run it on it for a day to ensure there is no leakage and that the car ain't drying up.
    i repeatedly urged him to bleed air out of the system but he said there is no such need and that mehran doesn't have a bleeding bolt. to my surprise he believes there can be no air in the system once topped up.
    so, dear experts, could you please advise as to where the bolt is exactly located and how do i bleed air out of the system. i have noted idling issues and the car has been heating up more than the operating temp.

    ps. called toyota's dealership to inquire regarding the bleeding, they also claimed that there is no need to bleed the system. @Xulfiqar sir, i'll be grateful for your help

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    search the forums for pressure testing the system, do it and you will find your problem, also check the overflow bottle - if the pipe going into it is leaking it will not suck coolant back when the engine cools down.

    If you are seeing air bubbles and the heater is connected in the system - remove carpeting and inspect the heater pipes and core for any leakage (its also a small radiator), Now put the car nose up on ramps and remove the bleeder bolt from the top radiator pipe flange and slowly rev the engine while adding coolant - squeeze all pipes a number of times to work any air upwards, when all air is removed only coolant/water should flow from the bleeder hole. Tighten and top up coolant, check for bubbles at the radiator cap. There shouldnt be any.

  14. #52
    PakWheeler Follow
    harris24742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    suzuki and toyota's dealership are also claiming that there is no bleeder bolt, and that they have got no idea as to how to air itout.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •