0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Carburetor Starting problems

I have recently purchased a used 2006 Carby Cultus. Generally in good condition, 59K driven. The previous owner used the car on CNG, which was removed before i purchased.

Whenever i start the car in the morning, the car doesnot start on self and requires accelerator and secondly the car starts on 200 RPM and often the auto choke does not engage, so i have to press the accel to normalize or else it vibrates and shuts off. After the car stablizes at 1000 RPM, it has no driving issues, so the problem is with starting only. And very rarely lets say 1/10 times, the auto choke wud engage and i dont have to press the race to stabilise but race is often need to start atleast.

I need help to solve the problem.

Measures taken:
    new plugs, air filter, oil change, replaced clogged fuel filter, tuning (from a desi mechanic not with a computer), carb cleaned with (NASA) carb spray

Problem still persists, need help, i have two things in mind:

Option 1:
    My mechanic says it requires carb service. Cost 2500 (inlcuding labor and carb repair kit) and 4 to 5 hrs time

Option 2:
    Get computerized tuning and timing adjusted

I am not an expert my self, help appreciated. Does 1 or 2 above make sense, or do u recommend something else?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by totalchaos View Post
    I have recently purchased a used 2006 Carby Cultus. Generally in good condition, 59K driven. The previous owner used the car on CNG, which was removed before i purchased.

Whenever i start the car in the morning, the car doesnot start on self and requires accelerator and secondly the car starts on 200 RPM and often the auto choke does not engage, so i have to press the accel to normalize or else it vibrates and shuts off. After the car stablizes at 1000 RPM, it has no driving issues, so the problem is with starting only. And very rarely lets say 1/10 times, the auto choke wud engage and i dont have to press the race to stabilise but race is often need to start atleast.

I need help to solve the problem.

Measures taken:
    new plugs, air filter, oil change, replaced clogged fuel filter, tuning (from a desi mechanic not with a computer), carb cleaned with (NASA) carb spray

Problem still persists, need help, i have two things in mind:

Option 1:
    My mechanic says it requires carb service. Cost 2500 (inlcuding labor and carb repair kit) and 4 to 5 hrs time

Option 2:
    Get computerized tuning and timing adjusted

I am not an expert my self, help appreciated. Does 1 or 2 above make sense, or do u recommend something else?

first of all clear u some things ....there is no repair kit required in carb service...ur mechanic quoted u very huge amount...last month i was done my non efi cultus carb service with my mechanic in 800 rupees(i just give him a nasa spray can)....

Second thing non efi cultus does not require computerize tuning....

so asap change ur mechanic....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all check the vacuum pipes condition & proper connection at carburetor.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List