Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus 2012 Euro II rpm/engine noise

Assalam-o-Alaikum

I am a user of both Cultus 2006 Carburettor and Cultus 2012 EFI Euro II.

Cultus 2012 engine makes a lot more noise than 2006. Also the gear ratios seems less then Cultus 2006. I normally change gears at 20 - 40 - 60 - 80 kmph but Cultus 2012 engine starts to make a lot more noise when rpm increases beyond 2500rpm. Also at a given rpm say 3000, Cultus 2006 speed is almost 100km but Cultus 2012 speed is 90km with the car engine feeling as if it is under a lot of strain.

I have been to Suzuki Maintenance and according to them the car is o.k. Fuel consumption is around 15 km/litre. I have not got a chance to drive any other Cultus 2012 to see if my car is abnormal or all Cultus 2012 are this way.

I read in one of the reviews that the rpm starts to shoots rapidly when accelerator is pressed. Kindly let me know if other Cultus 2012 owners are experiencing this.

Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I guess that is because the 2012 model is a Euro II technology so it is meant to be economical where as 2006 isn't.
    Allah bachaee Har Nazaar Behaya hai!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The EFI version CUltus has mechanical valve lifers which are slightly noisier than the hydraulic lifters that cultus 2006 had.

Thats the reason hydraulic lifters were invented in the past to reduce the click noise when the lifter engages a valve.

So this acounts for Noise problem. Its perfectly normal unless you could hear something odd while sitting in passenger cabin.

Regarding RPM vs speed, both versions have different gear ratios. The ratios are design based on engine torque characteristics. The 3 cylinder carby G10 has a different characteristic than a 4 cylinder efi one.

On highway cruising speeds, the gears are designed to keep any engine around its torque peak to minimize response lag under load.

I have owned the 3 cylinder version in past and have traveled quite a bit (officially) in the 4 cylinder. And I used to compare these two things myself. Its normal.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You must have noticed one more thing, the EFI cultus (4 cylinder) idles at 700 to 800 rpm.

The 2006 Carburetor (3 cylinder) idles smoothly between 900 to 1000 rpm. If you lower it any further, you are going to have a bad time especially when headlights and radiator fan come on. Excessive vibrations.

Ever wondered why??

Because the more the no. of pistons, the lower an engine can idle smoothly. That comes from engine design basics.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the info. Your observation about idle rpm between 2006 Cultus and 2012 Cultus is correct.

Apart from the better fuel economy I think 2006 Cultus is more comfortable to drive as you can accelerate the car for a longer duration in any given gear. In 2012 Cultus you tend to spend more time changing gears otherwise the engine starts to feel angry and you can really feel the vibration while having your hand on the gear. All this at rpm of 3000 which is by no means considered a lot.

By the way is there any chance of my car's rpm meter under reading??

Thanks again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Useful Info.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should then get the ignition timing checked with reference to the service manual. If the timing is too advanced, which normally is when vehicles are mostly driven on CNG and less on petrol, the engine behaves very good in 1000 to 2700 rpm. But starts acting all fuzzy as the rpms increase. This all scenario is before the timing is too advanced to cause a knock. So most mechanics dont bother getting into the service manual and set the timing accordingly. To them, if it isnt knocking, its fine.

However you should also check the timing on both CNG and petrol. It happens mostly that even if an advancer is installed, the timing on petrol is mostly incorrect.

If you have doubts about the rpm meter, hook up an exhaust analyser that supports built in timing gun. It can measure the rpm while noting the no. of pulses on cylinders 1~4

Quote Originally Posted by ahson_sarfraz View Post
    Thanks for the info. Your observation about idle rpm between 2006 Cultus and 2012 Cultus is correct.

Apart from the better fuel economy I think 2006 Cultus is more comfortable to drive as you can accelerate the car for a longer duration in any given gear. In 2012 Cultus you tend to spend more time changing gears otherwise the engine starts to feel angry and you can really feel the vibration while having your hand on the gear. All this at rpm of 3000 which is by no means considered a lot.

By the way is there any chance of my car's rpm meter under reading??

Thanks again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The noise, you are talking about is coming from fuel injectors,and it is normal.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    You should then get the ignition timing checked with reference to the service manual. If the timing is too advanced, which normally is when vehicles are mostly driven on CNG and less on petrol, the engine behaves very good in 1000 to 2700 rpm. But starts acting all fuzzy as the rpms increase. This all scenario is before the timing is too advanced to cause a knock. So most mechanics dont bother getting into the service manual and set the timing accordingly. To them, if it isnt knocking, its fine.

However you should also check the timing on both CNG and petrol. It happens mostly that even if an advancer is installed, the timing on petrol is mostly incorrect.

If you have doubts about the rpm meter, hook up an exhaust analyser that supports built in timing gun. It can measure the rpm while noting the no. of pulses on cylinders 1~4
    Can you please guide me where I can get service manual as Suzuki Maintenance guys would never give it. I will definitely try to check the ignition timing. Moreover the car is only on petrol and have done 8000kms so far. Also since it is EFI so will it need a computer/analyzer for tuning? If yes then it can only be done through Suzuki Maintenance...right.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

At this mileage, you donot need any sort of tune up. Just let the engine break-in a little more.

Regarding service manual, pw members @smijaz and @agoodfriend may be in a better position to help you.

You may visit their signature threads and may find the links to manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by ahson_sarfraz View Post
    Can you please guide me where I can get service manual as Suzuki Maintenance guys would never give it. I will definitely try to check the ignition timing. Moreover the car is only on petrol and have done 8000kms so far. Also since it is EFI so will it need a computer/analyzer for tuning? If yes then it can only be done through Suzuki Maintenance...right.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    At this mileage, you donot need any sort of tune up. Just let the engine break-in a little more.

Regarding service manual, pw members @smijaz and @agoodfriend may be in a better position to help you.

You may visit their signature threads and may find the links to manuals.
    Thanks a lot.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List