Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert Opinion for Cultus gaskit issue????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Expert Opinion for Cultus gaskit issue????

ASSLAM-o-ALAIKUM
    i came up with a query,, i have a cultus vxr2007,, it was showing 19000 on odo when i bought it,, nd defiitely it is 119000, coming on to problem,, a few days back my dad went for a long drive and it got heat up,, when he checked,,, the water was boiling in radiator,, he waited for some time to let it cool and continued his journey,,,
    few days later, it happend again,, we took it to mechanic and he said that radiator was blocked with rust as it seemed that previous owner never serviced it,,, due to blockage,, the engine got heat up,,
    he dissappointed me saying that its gaskit have been gone and need replacement,, i consulted to another mechanic and he said the same but he suggested me not to change it saying``cultus ka head 1 dfa khul jaye to bar bar kam nikalta ha??
    now i m confused ,, plz tell me whether is it really head issue,, and should i go for gaskit replacement or not???
    every man sleeps 1/3 part of a day,, if he makes ABLUTION before sleeping, 1/3rd of his life will be counted as virtue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you can spend some money get a new double "nali" radiator and maintain good quality coolant after the gaskit work done.

Cultus (non-EFI) has this common problem of heatup in summers so everything in the cooling system must be in good condition.

I am not sure in 07 model but my 03 model came with single "nali" radiator which is simply not enough for running car in AC in May-June

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mzahid View Post
    If you can spend some money get a new double "nali" radiator and maintain good quality coolant after the gaskit work done.

Cultus (non-EFI) has this common problem of heatup in summers so everything in the cooling system must be in good condition.

I am not sure in 07 model but my 03 model came with single "nali" radiator which is simply not enough for running car in AC in May-June
    yeah definitely it is single nali,, will consider ur suggestion
    every man sleeps 1/3 part of a day,, if he makes ABLUTION before sleeping, 1/3rd of his life will be counted as virtue

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shereabdullah View Post
    ASSLAM-o-ALAIKUM
    i came up with a query,, i have a cultus vxr2007,, it was showing 19000 on odo when i bought it,, nd defiitely it is 119000, coming on to problem,, a few days back my dad went for a long drive and it got heat up,, when he checked,,, the water was boiling in radiator,, he waited for some time to let it cool and continued his journey,,,
    few days later, it happend again,, we took it to mechanic and he said that radiator was blocked with rust as it seemed that previous owner never serviced it,,, due to blockage,, the engine got heat up,,
    he dissappointed me saying that its gaskit have been gone and need replacement,, i consulted to another mechanic and he said the same but he suggested me not to change it saying``cultus ka head 1 dfa khul jaye to bar bar kam nikalta ha??
    now i m confused ,, plz tell me whether is it really head issue,, and should i go for gaskit replacement or not???

The mechanic is bullshitting.wear cowboy shoes and kick him hard on his back.
    replace head gasket as soon as possible other wise [ABHI TO SIRF HEAD KHULE GA AGR NA CHANGE KRWAI TO PORA ENGINE KHULE GA]
    make sure that you have double channel radi installed with t valve and fan position to auto.
    make sure that all the hoses are not leaking coz system gets pressurized when engine gets hot.
    for future head gasket prevention cut out the useless runners from the exhaust manifold.
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that rusty radiator is problem is caused when you don't use coolant, and i mean a good coolant like caltex or toyota not the green ones, baki get the gasket replaced running the car with a bad gasket is going to take its toll get it changed

replace the radiator with a kabuli or new one and use good coolant, the replacement radiator should be the same as the original
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thnx guys,,, plz also suggest me that which gaskit should i go for???? a geniune one or of some other brand??? secondly should i also go for inlet and outlet valve replacement????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should use the genuine one.it will not cost you more then 500rs.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    You should use the genuine one.it will not cost you more then 500rs.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app
    wow man 500??? suzuki gujrat motors waly are selling it for 3300 RS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shereabdullah View Post
    wow man 500??? suzuki gujrat motors waly are selling it for 3300 RS
    Uff allah itne loot mar.yr kse ache auto stror pe chale jao.use khna k gasket de do japani.agr ap ka head 2-3 times refaced ha to double use krn

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dont forget to Get the head resurfaced when you get it opened!! also check the block surface just in case...

secondly once the head is open, change the main engine seal as well, change the valve seals, cam seals and other seals which you can get changed at the moment. the engine has worked a lot and it deserves some new things.

get new thermostat valve or i suggest just remove it for summer times.
    get new water pump
    get the radiator system flushed not with just water, with a good radiator cleaning liquid.
    get double line radiator.
    get good quality radiator coolant 50/50 proportion coolant/water.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro Total Estimate will be Approx 4000-5000 with below changes done...

Head Gasket Replaced, (don't use thick gasket/It will decrease compression)
    Head Faced (a must do job)
    Water Pump/Water Body replaced with good quality (must examine while buying that rotating pulley doesn't have play in it both inwards/outwards and Up/Down movement)
    Thermostat valve should be replaced with new one (Required to keep fuel efficiency**long theory)
    New Radiator should be changed with Double Naali as discussed, go for some Japanese Qabli Radiator, will cost you around 5500 alone)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx all for ur good suggestions,, have replaced its gaskit along with valves, valves seals and some other things which i do not remember now as i m bussy in ma exams and all work has been done under super vision of my dada g and our well known mechanic,, the total cost is 5600 Rs,, the head is also surfaced,, now i m quite happy,, even with out gas setting it is perfroming its best,, pick is also increased and engine sounds like new one,, mileage is also better now,, it gave 188km per cylinder last time,, only radiator is left,, which i will change soon

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List