Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    xain10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Other
    Age
    21
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    1
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway

    guys plz help me identify the reason my car starts giving white smoke esp wen given a continous long run like 100-120 km

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    deadonice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i kinda experienced this once when i floored the gas pedal if you know what i mean.. but the smoke coming out of my car was cause i put in too much engine oil and while flooring it the oil was going into the air filter .. if you think this may be your problem go to a mechanic asap and get the extra oil out from the car if not il let experts handle this
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/164227-my-new-ride-d
    My Charade (Away for a while Due To Exams) Wish Me Luck

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    xain10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Other
    Age
    21
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    1
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yh maybe flooring the pedal had smoked the engine ..but i checked oil by myself it was not over the limit so my uncle was also with me he called his mech about any tip at least to continue journey he told him to disconect the pipe which connects the carberator to engine in downward direction so he discoonect the middle joint of that pipe and we were able to reach home now em worried whatis the real reason behind this!!

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    deadonice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xain10 View Post
    yh maybe flooring the pedal had smoked the engine ..but i checked oil by myself it was not over the limit so my uncle was also with me he called his mech about any tip at least to continue journey he told him to disconect the pipe which connects the carberator to engine in downward direction so he discoonect the middle joint of that pipe and we were able to reach home now em worried whatis the real reason behind this!!
    it could be cause your carberator was dirty maybe just maybe im not exactly sure ... where are the experts when you need them Dx
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/164227-my-new-ride-d
    My Charade (Away for a while Due To Exams) Wish Me Luck

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    xain10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Other
    Age
    21
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    1
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadonice View Post
    it could be cause your carberator was dirty maybe just maybe im not exactly sure ... where are the experts when you need them Dx
    this angers me more that if its a dirty carb issue coz i took my car for a half inspection from suzuki faisalabad 3s workshop and they said car is ok ...well the xperts are too proud to contribute to newbies i suppose

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xain10 View Post
    guys plz help me identify the reason my car starts giving white smoke esp wen given a continous long run like 100-120 km
    Do a compression test.If its up to the mark,then change the pcv valve and enjoy the ride..


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    xain10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Other
    Age
    21
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    1
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    Do a compression test.If its up to the mark,then change the pcv valve and enjoy the ride..


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app
    aoa i would like to add a few pics of carberator which might explain what happened cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway -1250122cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway -1250123cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway -1250124 in the third last image is the pipe which my uncle disconnected on motorway to get the car going and there was no smoke after that....after reaching home i showed the car to my mechanic he said that theres some kind of jet which regulates mobile oil flow which gets stuck on higher speeds and hence causes mobile oil overflow and oil gets in the carb and which needs to be replaced or repaired by opening the engine head now please kindly give your opinion of what might have gone wrong and needs replacement and about compression guage i dont know where to get the kit and how to get it done plz help

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xain10 View Post
    aoa i would like to add a few pics of carberator which might explain what happened cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway -1250122cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway -1250123cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway -1250124 in the third last image is the pipe which my uncle disconnected on motorway to get the car going and there was no smoke after that....after reaching home i showed the car to my mechanic he said that theres some kind of jet which regulates mobile oil flow which gets stuck on higher speeds and hence causes mobile oil overflow and oil gets in the carb and which needs to be replaced or repaired by opening the engine head now please kindly give your opinion of what might have gone wrong and needs replacement and about compression guage i dont know where to get the kit and how to get it done plz help
    How much oil do you add in your engine??
    It should be 3.2L to be exact with oil filter change.
    And there is no jet kind of thing in engine head..
    Your pcv valve is faulty..
    Just change it


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    The pcv valve...
    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1377252722.759386.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  4.8 KB
    It is located on the intake manifold and connected with two philips screws


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waqar19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,110
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @umerkhan1
    bro do you remember what i told you in your thread, its a common problem
    @OP
    Do you feel lack of power or stalling before it blows smoke ?
    The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    xain10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Other
    Age
    21
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    1
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @waqar19 no feel of power loss just

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waqar19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,110
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Change the PCV valve and kindly mention which model is it ??
    The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waqar19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,110
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Here is PCV location. Remove the two marked screws and pull the PCV.
    cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway -1250656
    The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    xain10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Other
    Age
    21
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    1
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waqar19 View Post
    Here is PCV location. Remove the two marked screws and pull the PCV.
    cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway -1250656
    Aoa waqar bhai the model is 2006 vxr and kindly tell me is there any local name of this valve as I will have to get this done by my mechanic even though it will be hard for me to convince him to do what I want not what he judged
    @umarkhan1 the oil was as a matter of fact less than 3.2 ltrs wen we checked the car on motorway and kindly tell me the price of the pcv valve and my mech quoted 2000rs for the job he suggested and will I also have to change this pipe above the pcv valve tooo?

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    xain10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Other
    Age
    21
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    1
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Also can lesser viscous oil cause this I use havoline formula 10w30 but after this smoking my uncle poured 250ml of 20w50 just to make sure the lost oil is compensated

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xain10 View Post
    Also can lesser viscous oil cause this I use havoline formula 10w30 but after this smoking my uncle poured 250ml of 20w50 just to make sure the lost oil is compensated
    PCV valve aka blow waal by local mechanics.The chinese one is of 180 rs but its good.The genuine one is of 800 rs.
    change the blow pipe asap.its necessory.
    use 10w/40 oil.its best for hydraulic lifters..
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    xain10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Other
    Age
    21
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    1
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    PCV valve aka blow waal by local mechanics.The chinese one is of 180 rs but its good.The genuine one is of 800 rs.
    change the blow pipe asap.its necessory.
    use 10w/40 oil.its best for hydraulic lifters..
    today I went to this high profile mech in chiniot and dat guy was adamant to change the valve plus PCV valve isn't available IS THERE any way to check engine health besides compression test ?and just insisted k engine kamzor ha head ka Kam hoga I asked Wat sort of kaam and he was unclear dunno Wat to do and at how many kms should I change oil btw thank you for your help umar and waqar bhai

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    The symptoms of blown engine:-

    Oil loss
    Power loss
    Over heating
    Oily soot in tail pipe
    Blue smoke during cold start and under high rpm @xain10


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,439
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    100% same happened to me on Motorway, when i drove my car on PETROL, it was fine and i went upto 120 km/h. nothing was bad. but as soon as i switched to CNG near "SUKHEKHI" , the darkest hour started as i was with my family. car stopped, with smoke like "RAIL ENGINE". i thought i had not checked the engine oil and its all gone now. my ring pistons are gone (as it happened with my motorbike exactly same). but thanks to MOTORWAY police, they helped me though it was too costly but still i admire there help.

    i changed the PCV valve but now i dont floor full throtle on CNG. and remain at 100 km/h.

    Note:
    This issue is just with PETROL (with me).
    Sent from Cultus Limited Edition... using iphone 6sss...

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    xain10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Other
    Age
    21
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    1
    Following
    5
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    The symptoms of blown engine:-

    Oil loss
    Power loss
    Over heating
    Oily soot in tail pipe
    Blue smoke during cold start and under high rpm @xain10


    Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app
    aoa @umarkhan1 bhai well i had changed the pcv valve a kabuli one long go much of problems were solved..but today i checked the carb for usual inspection and i am curious cultus carby giving extremely dense white coloured smoke on motorway -1324087, i am using 20w40 havoline bcoz the day i poured shell 10w30 oil i just reached fasalabad and found all the oil was gone and the engine seals according to mech sb seala ud gaaee as a consequence of blocked desi blow pipe had to get it fixed after that no smoke nothing my car has even been to isb twice but this oil is scaring me and the air filter is clean plz shed some light

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •