95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Cultus Maintenance Thread

Hi guy's i am starting this thread so we can discuss about the maintenance of cultus here. I am a noob totally don't know anything about car. I hope expert owners of cultus will guide us .

Attached Images Attached Images  
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what a *** up you are. 'hydraulic based engine'
    what the hell is it in first place?
    its simply a baleno engine with smaller pistons.

0w 30 is a catastrophe for a cultus engine... you ARE OBVIOUSLY a novice and a NINCOMPOOP
    U FOOL... 0w is not required by any car in Pakistan... unless u r driving a modern expensive car in Gilgit or such areas where temp is like -15. even then not required.

dont listen to this aryaan idiot he obviously knows ****. hydraulic based egine lol
    all oil systems are hydraulic u ***. its not hydraulic valves.
    get lost now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that is right. this aryaaan is some fool who has papa's new money and visiting some idiot mechanic lol

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy5 View Post
    manufacturer specification for VISCOSITY - CHECK
    API latest standard for formulation - API SN (SM IS ALSO CURRENT BUT NOT AS GOOD AS SN) SN LATEST - CHECK
    see owner manual for ur car for oil viscosity recommendation and consult authorized service center.
    your cultus ( with carb) is old now, and should anyways use 20w 50.
    consult owner manual/service center

RIDE & SHINE
    ok so you recommend 20w50 for carby cultus right. i believe it cant be used in winters atleast.
    carby cultus is equipped with hydraulic lifters which requires thin oil to operate properly as it gets pumped very quickly into the galleries and hence into the tappets too. This is what @Xulfiqar bhai has been suggesting

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

0w 30 is a catastrophe for a cultus engine... you ARE OBVIOUSLY a novice and a NINCOMPOOP
    U FOOL... 0w is not required by any car in Pakistan... unless u r driving a modern expensive car in Gilgit or such areas where temp is like -15. even then not required.

dont listen to this aryaan idiot he obviously knows ****. hydraulic based egine lol
    get lost now
    The carby Cultus has hydraulic valve lash adjusters - that engine needs a low viscocity oil. The EFI engine has a more conventional setup. It should be more tolerant to higher viscocities than its predecessor.

As for 0w oil not being for Pakistan, please go over to bobistheoilguy.com and read some stickies.
    _ 22 km/l from '03 VTi automatic, with plenty of room for improvement
    _ How to hypermile: http://www.cleanmpg.com/community/index.php?threads/1510/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i guess SUZUKI IS IDIOT THEN those who manufacture cars know LESS THAN YOU.. and here you are debating useless theories.
    if u want to put 0w in some **** 1054 technolcy carburetor cultus .. pls do it . why are u debating it
    20w 50 IS NOT HIGH VISCOCITY! it is absolutely fine.
    and then please answer that why is SUZUKI NOT RECOMMENDING 10W 30 OR LOWER??? I GUESS ZULFIQAR OR YOU ARE SMARTER THAN SUZUKI JAPAN
    AND PLEASE I DNOT READ RUBBISH BOB OIL GUY
    i have a website for you
    go and read API website.
    there is no need for common cars diesel or petrol in pakistan for 0w-30... UNLESS specified by manufacturer such as a higer compression engine / sports/ european vehicles.
    for all i am concerned please put banana oil in the car of your choice. but please do not quote oil guy the bob or dickk
    thank u. do as u like

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and frankly to be honest, i am not sure about correlation / cause & affect of 'hydraulic lifters' AND viscosity of oil.
    as far as i know, that model of suzuki local has 'FIXED tappets' - i don't know if they are hydraulic or not.
    usually valves are hydraulic.

again, i am not sure of any relation b/w viscosity of oil and lifter technology. if there is one, so be it. at least i m not knowledgeable of that
    that car model neither needs nor recommended to use e.g. 10w - 30 or 0w- 30/20 etc.
    if in doubt... ASK THE AUTHORIZED DEALER. simple.
    so when it is not recommended is there NEED For this particular debate?
    i am out of this.
    you know what you are doing. so please go ahead and do what you know is right.
    and once again the point being debated / queried was: 20w-50 is right for 2000-2006 cultus, right? especially this guys car is 2004 so it already has a mileage on it... 20w-50 is not right for carburetor cultus car model. on what basis technical point are you saying that? that now becomes the question. fine. it may be that hydraulic etc need different viscosity.. but on what basis are you saying that 20w-50 is not right for this model?
    also need to cover why then suzuki authorized dealers say that use this after 60,000 or even from start as in 2004 maybe that was all that was available.
    point remains... my recommendation was for this chap who alreay has a significant mileage on an engine (which has a bad repute anyways, weak HP etc etc) for which suzuki says 20w-50 is a-ok. whats the basis of claiming that - that is not right viscosity?
    thank you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Suzuki Cultus Maintenance Thread -1589812

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get lost now
    forget about Gilgit, lets take an example of Islamabad. lowest temperature recorded is -2 C

Suzuki Cultus Maintenance Thread -1589822

from your first reply, 0w 30 is a catastrophe for a cultus engine
    from your second reply which shows SAE viscosity grades, the same 0w30 comes under recommended viscosity grades against lowest expected temperature of 0 C (Islamabad region).
    Please shed some light on it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post
    The carby Cultus has hydraulic valve lash adjusters - that engine needs a low viscocity oil. The EFI engine has a more conventional setup. It should be more tolerant to higher viscocities than its predecessor.

As for 0w oil not being for Pakistan, please go over to bobistheoilguy.com and read some stickies.
    i guess SUZUKI IS IDIOT THEN those who manufacture cars know LESS THAN YOU.. and here you are debating useless theories.
    if u want to put 0w in some **** 1054 technolcy carburetor cultus .. pls do it . why are u debating it
    and then please answer that why is SUZUKI NOT RECOMMENDING 10W 30 OR LOWER??? I GUESS ZULFIQAR OR YOU ARE SMARTER THAN SUZUKI JAPAN
    i have a website for you
    go and read API website.
    there is no need for common cars diesel or petrol in pakistan for 0w-30... UNLESS specified by manufacturer such as a higer compression engine / sports/ european vehicles.
    for all i am concerned please put banana oil in the car of your choice. but please do not quote oil guy the bob or dickk
    thank u. do as u like
    and frankly to be honest, i am not sure about correlation / cause & affect of 'hydraulic lifters' AND viscosity of oil.
    as far as i know, that model of suzuki local has 'FIXED tappets' - i don't know if they are hydraulic or not.

again, i am not sure of any relation b/w viscosity of oil and lifter technology. if there is one, so be it. at least i m not knowledgeable of that
    that car model neither needs nor recommended to use e.g. 10w - 30 or 0w- 30/20 etc.
    i am out of this.
    and once again the point being debated / queried was: 20w-50 is right for 2000-2006 cultus, right? especially this guys car is 2004 so it already has a mileage on it... 20w-50 is not right for carburetor cultus car model. on what basis technical point are you saying that? that now becomes the question. fine. it may be that hydraulic etc need different viscosity.. but on what basis are you saying that 20w-50 is not right for this model?
    also need to cover why then suzuki authorized dealers say that use this after 60,000 or even from start as in 2004 maybe that was all that was available.
    point remains... my recommendation was for this chap who alreay has a significant mileage on an engine (which has a bad repute anyways, weak HP etc etc) for which suzuki says 20w-50 is a-ok. whats the basis of claiming that - that is not right viscosity?
    thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by engr.naveed View Post
    forget about Gilgit, lets take an example of Islamabad. lowest temperature recorded is -2 C

from your second reply which shows SAE viscosity grades, the same 0w30 comes under recommended viscosity grades against lowest expected temperature of 0 C (Islamabad region).
    This debate is getting longer and interesting. I also have carby cultus 2007 with 83k on odo so I will definitely love to know if 20w50 is ok for it or should I switch back to 10w40.

I think seniors may shed some light on this controversial topic. @Xulfiqar, @SER_GTR, @capsat, @syncview

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZainMahdi View Post

i have a website for you
    go and read API website.
    thank u. do as u like

i am out of this.
    thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by engr.naveed View Post

This debate is getting longer and interesting. I also have carby cultus 2007 with 83k on odo so I will definitely love to know if 20w50 is ok for it or should I switch back to 10w40.

I think seniors may shed some light on this controversial topic. @Xulfiqar, @SER_GTR, @capsat, @syncview

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Stick To What Factory Manual Recommend...1st Look For Same API Grade..SH SJ Or SL ANd Then As per Ambient Temp Of City ....Use Viscosity...

Usually 10W-40 And 20W-50 Both Viscosity's Are Fine...But Should Have Match With Your API Standards Recommend For Your Engine

Not EVERY Other OIL Can Go In Your Engine...They Have Diff Characteristics As per Engine Mechanical Design...So Stick With What Manufacturer Have To Say And Don't Be Like An BIG SHOT OIl GUY WHo's Logic Is

"OAILLL To OIAAL Ha ..Yeh Mehnga Ha To Acha He HOGA..."
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your reply sir. So no issue with hydraulic lifters when using 20w50 viscosity as some people say? I think cultus manual says SF or SG API grading.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i would love to jot in an explanation. but i do not understand the confusion being faced.
    in any case... simple as it is
    for this suzuki sf 410 4 cylinder efi - 10w-40 irrespective of season

0w-30 is a catastrophe for most cars here.

usually SOME models of MB, BMW, Audi, VW Golg Gti or Japanese sports engines examples suzuki G13B (dog) strictly recommends Mobil 1 Only. in that case AS WITH BEFORE GO WITH manufacturer recommendation

let us not confused the 2 issues. 0w - anything is not required by any suzuki or Toyota in Pakistan or even Civic
    end of story my dear.
    reccommnded oil grade for Honda accord (imported) 2008 & above is 10w-30.
    there really isn't anything to discuss further.
    topic is dead in my opinion
    read the API recommendation in context
    Ride & Shine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you should not switch back now.
    why do you not seek Authorized Dealer recommendation such as Mini Mtors Lahore.Suzuki Township motors.. first one is more than 40 years old. in Lahore... so i think they are well experienced and trained by Suzuki Japan
    first of all do share why you switched? if on recommendation of a professional- then .. - what is the issue now? why are you not satisfied? is the car burning oil? if so give an idea how mcuh? then you need over-haul
    if everything is OK... you shoudn't switch viscosity back and forth.
    usually suzuki will recommend for the EFI engine 20w-50 after 100- 120 k kms. so in your case that is already been done. (83 is close enough for 3 cylinder carb)
    just ask the dealer for your best recommendation.
    ride & shine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hydraulic lifters animation
    If any VXR owners have used 20w-50, they will know why its a bad idea during a cold start (especially during Islamabad winters).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Eddy5 much of what you have said:

-0w- anything is not required in Pakiatan
    -0w-30 is a catastrophe for our cars
    -a more viscous oil should be used in high mileage cars

these "facts" are unfortunately already prelevant on pakwheels. They have no technical basis. If you read around, many Pakistani cars can in fact use 0w-20 or 0w-30 in 40+ temperature; its written in their manuals. Please bring us empirical data that shows that a Cultus will have low (out of spec) oil pressure on 5w-30 or 0w-30 oil, or that it will run 120*C oil temperatures by simply cruising around.

You have expressed that you don't know about hydraulic lifters - we can all have a more meaningful discussion if you read a bit about them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have carby 3 cylinder cultus which has G10 engine. And I am not confused b/w 0w30 but b/w 10w40 and 20w50 because many say hydraulic lifters work best with 10w40. Zain is right you should read about hydraulic lifters then give us your thought.
    I didn't switched to this viscosity but it was being used when I purchased it last year. Every mechanic and oil shop guys say to go for 20w50 so I am using shell hx 3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i would love to jot in an explanation. but i do not understand the confusion being faced.
    in any case... simple as it is
    for this suzuki sf 410 4 cylinder efi - 10w-40 irrespective of season

0w-30 is a catastrophe for most cars here.

usually SOME models of MB, BMW, Audi, VW Golg Gti or Japanese sports engines examples suzuki G13B (dog) strictly recommends Mobil 1 Only. in that case AS WITH BEFORE GO WITH manufacturer recommendation

let us not confused the 2 issues. 0w - anything is not required by any suzuki or Toyota in Pakistan or even Civic
    end of story my dear.
    reccommnded oil grade for Honda accord (imported) 2008 & above is 10w-30.
    there really isn't anything to discuss further.
    topic is dead in my opinion
    read the API recommendation in context
    Ride & Shine
    dog? isn't it dohc?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please send us or refer to us any local or reconditioned manual , scan that page or at least refer us the model that's used locally and owner manual recommends 0w -20

there are NO such requirements.

if this is the case, then why are not quoting me when i say "contact authorized dealer" - they have the empirical experience
    there is no need and it is damaging to use low viscosity oil in a car like cultus or corolloa
    this is based on experience and that is enough
    more over, companies who manufacture know more than u & I. toyota indus has no oil for its cars which is 0w.
    neither does honda nor does toyota or Hyyndai.
    END OF STORY bro
    hence you see, i am not wrong. because no car manufacturer her either has ( as in genuine toyota oil or honda oil ) which is 0w anything

if you prefer go ahead and use whichever u think is right

as for hydraulic lifter, you completely missed the point .

again its an effort to bring the point to light.. however let me give it last try
    the point raised was 20w-50 is not right for cultus?
    its is the one recommended after 75,000 or 85000 by Pak Suzuki - , for that model
    end of story
    i had a corrolla xli 2011 - continued using Zic A+ on it, after 165000 kms - it started consuming oil!
    upon contacting toyotal i was told i made a mistake of using Zic A+ , now i must skip the 10w-40 oil and go directly to 20w-50.
    they said the engine will now not run its full life of 300 Km but will start burning oil in another 20,000.
    nutshell
    0w- is not needed by 99% of cars in pakistan and hence it is not recommended

FYI: Let me add low viscosity does not always mean better lubircation. thicker oil are sometimes more suited for better lubrication
    fair enough @ knowledge about hydaulic lifters, surely i will read up on that, but point here was not that all. hence won't comment on it further.
    again, the debate /question was 83k done carb. cultus.. - again... contact authorized dealer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother it is called as DOG. you can say a kind of Nomenclature.

cause its a rough very aggressive motor.
    on the bottom of the engine sump there is a 'USE MOBIL1 ONLY' SEAL WITH MOBIL LOGO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

User Tag List