Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation HELP REQUIRED!!!! Suzuki Cultus EFI model 2009

Assalam-o-Alaikum brothers,

We have bought used Suzuki Cultus EFI 2009 after 12 years using Mehran Plus 2000 model. So we have no idea about the working of EFI engines and where to get it tuned from and good/reliable mechanics for EFI.

The issue that I was facing when I bought this car was sliding RPM needle between 0 and 1000 on idle and constant blinking CNG light after auto convert. But after replacing the battery terminals with the new one and proper connections both these issues were resolved to maximum.

But still there is an issue that after running the car for more than 20km (either on AC or without AC) sometimes during the U-turn or at idle the engine stalls/shuts down after dropping the RPM levels to 0.

My car gives white smoke when I start my car in the morning for about 5 mins with water droplets and after that the white smoke fumes get lighter but not completely gone. after sometime of driving they vanish but this always happens when I start my car after parking for long hours like 12-14 hours in parking lot. Is this a serious issue or just that coolant is being leaked from somewhere into the exhaust?

I am from Karachi, so please help me Cultus Gurus.

Later this weekend I will get my spark plugs and wires replaced with the new ones. Which brand should I buy from market that is reliable and genuine? any suggestion brothers.

Jazak Allah kher,
    Ali

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muhasida View Post
    why did you mentioned not to remove IACV from Throttle Body? is it unsafe or creates a mess if mechanic remove it for maintenance/cleaning?
    Most people get it removed for washing....but my personal experience is not good with it...it can be easily cleaned from outside using some nozzle...so why take a risk?

Sent from LG Optimus LTE LU-6200 using PW forums mobile app
    NiGhT ShAdE>>~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am planning to get my gasket fixed. Does this valve seals leakage issue damage the engine in long term?
    I don't think it is gasket issue....
    Most probably it wont...it is just an initial indication that seals are getting weak....the only solution is replacing them...they can't be repaired...so use them for as long as you can before replacing.....i have this issue with my baleno and i have driven many thousand km with it without any problem and engine is still going very very strong....

NiGhT ShAdE>>~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Use 10W40 oil and if your car reduce considerable amout of oil then it needs attention....and you should get piston rings and valve seals rectified...

NiGhT ShAdE>>~

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NiGhTShAdE View Post
    Most people get it removed for washing....but my personal experience is not good with it...it can be easily cleaned from outside using some nozzle...so why take a risk?

Take a table spoon of atf and put it in the idle hole of the throttle body.it will clean it.
    But you have to remove it if you are using water instead of coolant to remove rust(if you have unstable rpm on petrol also)

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how much does it cost to fix gasket? an estimate please
    The gasket itself is not expensive. Mechanic will charge you for the labour. Get the estimate from some good mechanic. Also confirm whether car gives blue smoke on cold start or while normal running. If you see any blue smoke as well, piston rings might be weak or valve seals might be leaking. Then you should go for complete engine overhaul. Otherwise, changing gasket will fix the issue of white smoke.

Regarding unstable RPM, stepper motor might be making troubles if it is installed and not replaced with manual T. If there is manual T installed, then get the throttle body serviced. Change the air filter as well if you haven't yet.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If valve seals are also leaking, you will see blue smoke as well which is the result of burning of engine oil in combustion chambers. Only white smoke at start up either indicates perfect combustion or leaking coolant that got its way into combustion chamber. Leaking valve seals result in loss of power while you are driving and decrease in engine oil. Keep eye on engine oil level to confirm the situation.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got my air filter checked and its new in condition as per mechanic. My mechanic is saying that he will service the throttle body and the sensor inside it, will fix the tappet settings and it will greatly reduce the chances of engine being shutdown on CNG when idle after running some miles. I dont want to replace manual T for now.. If the problem remains in the car after getting throttle body service I will replace the Stepper motor with a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ch.talal View Post
    The gasket itself is not expensive. Mechanic will charge you for the labour. Get the estimate from some good mechanic. Also confirm whether car gives blue smoke on cold start or while normal running. If you see any blue smoke as well, piston rings might be weak or valve seals might be leaking. Then you should go for complete engine overhaul. Otherwise, changing gasket will fix the issue of white smoke.

Regarding unstable RPM, stepper motor might be making troubles if it is installed and not replaced with manual T. If there is manual T installed, then get the throttle body serviced. Change the air filter as well if you haven't yet.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If valve seals are also leaking, you will see blue smoke as well which is the result of burning of engine oil in combustion chambers. Only white smoke at start up either indicates perfect combustion or leaking coolant that got its way into combustion chamber. Leaking valve seals result in loss of power while you are driving and decrease in engine oil. Keep eye on engine oil level to confirm the situation.
    Only few white smoke fumes for couple of minutes with water droplets. The oil is not reduced at all. So i'm not going for engine overhaul for now. Thank you for the suggestions

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NiGhTShAdE View Post
    Use 10W40 oil and if your car reduce considerable amout of oil then it needs attention....and you should get piston rings and valve seals rectified...

The oil does not reduce.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The oil does not reduce.
    Then no need to worry...just get the things done mentioned earlier...

NiGhT ShAdE>>~

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok guys. A little update for those who are facing same issues like.

Following is list of maintenance activities my personal mechanic did to fix the engine stalling on CNG issue yesterday i.e 20 July 2014

1. Changed Engine Oil to Havoline Oil
    2. Changed Engine Oil Filter
    3. Changed old spark plugs with new NGK spark plugs. (Didnt changed the plug wires)
    4. Opened throttle body and did intense cleaning with petrol first and then NASA carb cleaner, WD40 and 2 oil drops to lubricate the moving part of rotary motor inside throttle body. (There is manual T installed in my car already, someone removed the lambda/stepper motor earlier we bought this car)
    5. Adjusted all tappet settings again as many of them were loosen and misplaced.
    6. Adjusted petrol settings first
    7. Then, adjusted CNG settings without AC then with AC.
    8. Changed Radiator hose pipe and steel pipe beneath CNG kit for efficient cooling.

The results that i can feel just after all this was a much smoother engine, very less engine sound. Faster and smoother pick running FULL AC otherwise the car was suffocating on 3rd and 4th gear with AC before all this tuning stuff.

I cannot comment about the engine stalling/shut down issues for now as today is the first day but Please pray to ALLAH that this issue is resolved permanently. AMEEN

I will do update all of you and thank you for great support and help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Waiting for your feedback...
    Ok guys. A little update for those who are facing same issues like.

Following is list of maintenance activities my personal mechanic did to fix the engine stalling on CNG issue yesterday i.e 20 July 2014

1. Changed Engine Oil to Havoline Oil
    2. Changed Engine Oil Filter
    3. Changed old spark plugs with new NGK spark plugs. (Didnt changed the plug wires)
    4. Opened throttle body and did intense cleaning with petrol first and then NASA carb cleaner, WD40 and 2 oil drops to lubricate the moving part of rotary motor inside throttle body. (There is manual T installed in my car already, someone removed the lambda/stepper motor earlier we bought this car)
    5. Adjusted all tappet settings again as many of them were loosen and misplaced.
    6. Adjusted petrol settings first
    7. Then, adjusted CNG settings without AC then with AC.
    8. Changed Radiator hose pipe and steel pipe beneath CNG kit for efficient cooling.

The results that i can feel just after all this was a much smoother engine, very less engine sound. Faster and smoother pick running FULL AC otherwise the car was suffocating on 3rd and 4th gear with AC before all this tuning stuff.

I cannot comment about the engine stalling/shut down issues for now as today is the first day but Please pray to ALLAH that this issue is resolved permanently. AMEEN

I will do update all of you and thank you for great support and help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ALHAMDOLILLAH the car engine stalling/shutdown issues are resolved permanently. I have driven almost 500km after the maintenance was done and haven't faced any of the issues as earlier.

Only a new issue that my car race is now suffocating too much on low gears like 1st and 2nd. Although I give more race but the car just not get the race and walks like an old man. Even on climbing heights like bridges alone or with family (4 people) car suffocates too much without AC. With AC car feels much heavier than before. I read it somewhere that there can be two reasons for this.

1. Bad clutch or pressure plates.
    2. Bad tappet adjustments done by mechanic.

I am facing this issue since my mechanic had done tappet adjustments. I think he had tighten the tappets much more than required and now car feel more heavier and suffocates on low gears like 1st and 2nd. Any suggestions brothers?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Before tappet adjustment i can easily touch 50km on second and 80-90km on 3rd and 110km on 4th...

but now my car touches 40km on 2nd... 65km on 3rd and higher on 4th... What could be the reason for this pathetic performance?

I have got my CNG settings adjusted three times but does not resolves this issue.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a gut feeling that the culprit is tappet adjustments.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadrocks View Post
    Waiting for your feedback...
    read my response

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Before tappet adjustment i can easily touch 50km on second and 80-90km on 3rd and 110km on 4th...

but now my car touches 40km on 2nd... 65km on 3rd and higher on 4th... What could be the reason for this pathetic performance?

I have got my CNG settings adjusted three times but does not resolves this issue.
    Tappets are not adjusted properly. Get them done again from sensible person who knows what he is doing. Changing CNG settings repeatedly is not going to help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My father went to Suzuki authorized dealer person in our area. He diagnosed through Landirenzo software and found that CNG Advancer Sensor was not present in the car when we bought it. So we purchased a new one and after installing Advancer Sensor, he tuned my car with software again. And WOLLA!!!! My car was is now as smooth as silk ALHAMDOLILLAH.

No suffocation, No engine sound what so ever on petrol or CNG... either AC is ON or not the car is MASHA ALLAH very very smooth. The pick has been increased dramatically.

So it was not tappet settings.

Tappets are not adjusted properly. Get them done again from sensible person who knows what he is doing. Changing CNG settings repeatedly is not going to help.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

could be ignition timing, it isn't being advanced on high rpm, same issue i have with my khyber(got plugs changed and distributor serviced recently), i was able to touch 80 on 2nd but engine now just bogs down at 40kph(like it cant breath and it is the point where ignition timing is advanced). the low end torque is better though, can use 2nd gear from stop(still used it before but it took more smooth, slow clutch engagement).
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    changing the terminals has nothing to do with the blinking light issue,actually when you removed the terminal,the CNG ECU (LC01) was reset and the error code was removed causing the cng light to get stable.
    (CNG light blinking=Check engine light of LC01)

if the rpm problem is on CNG only then most probably the stepper motor is being jammed.change the motor with a manual t valve.
    Manual T valve will not work properly here. Service or replace the original part.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List