0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Problem, Help required

I was going up-hill near Muree, when i could smell something burning, i was going on Cng, and maybe i doubt i was by mistake at 3rd gear instead of first. The smoke started coming out of the bonnet, but the car did not heat up, nor did the water in the radiator decrease. After sometime and cooling with water the car was ok. The mechanics say, the pressure and clutch plates need replacement, my car is only a year old. What should i do, or there can be some other problem, some say the Gas-Kit the one in the engine needs replacement.

Pls advice me,
    Thanks for your time!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Head gas-kit & clutch plate are very seprate problems ... you cannot interlink them.

If car is not over heating/mixing water in engine oil then its should not need to be replaced ... as far as the clutch & pressure plate is concern ... if engine is making more noise then acceleration then it should be changed ...

one can guess after a test drive ...
    Power is "NOTHING" without "CONTROL"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If there are any jerks during pickup, the clutch has gone and definitely needs replacement. If that's not the case, and the engine has got a heatup problem, it is likely the head gasket....If nothing wrong, nothing to worry about....
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my dear brother is ko forann say pahlay sell karo or itnay pasoon mean baleno lay lo yar cultus ki bas out look achi ha bas
    drive safe!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx for the help, all of u.

The car is running fine, if it gives problem, then surely, i will replace the clutch and pressure plates.

SOB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please change these things other wise if u keep runing ur car in sane condition than u also have to change the engine head an please change ur cars gas kit as soon as possible same hapened with me on the 14 we were on a khy ber and its gas kit was old and after dropping us at an function a relative was going on it or tori der bad us ki gas kit phat gae aur sirf us ki gas kit ki waja se us ki bohat si cheezein aur bhi chabnge kar wani pareen
    cherz
    SOBAN

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi
    as u have told it seems that this is not a gaskit problem casue it doesnt involve any smoke so here is the problem what i think. in 3rd gear u must be using half padel for ascent so normally if u use that for a bit long , even a new clutch plate ll smell burning and smoky. after that u have shifted to 1st gear and from thn its running fine. it was surely a clutch plate smell and smoke but as somebody told unless u feel jerks in pickup dont change casue mostly new set of clutch and pressure can bear that if u do that once. so now the damage on the leather of clutch plate is minimel, pressure plate is not damaged and drive it. u just shortened the life of clutch plate by 10 or 15 percent. nothing else
    o commitment kithay chali gai?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

headgasket does not seems to be the case here.. as your car is not overheating ..or reducing water....

when the engine is cold in the morning.. open up the radiator cap.. and try to see traces of oil in water... if you are able to see multi colors ..then its oil...otherwise its water....and the car shoul dnot decrease waterlevel everyday...

as nadeemiqbal said.. you might have damaged the clutchplate.... if your car is running fine.. and there is no slip...then just keep driving it.. and next time when you go to muree.. be careful with the gears..... you dont get lucky escapes everytime
    Do the environment a favour, Use less airconditioning .. and please walk to the shop to get a pack of cigarretes..its only a 3 min walk..

nak
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i would just like to add up some driving technique ...when going uphills, always release the clutch at once while shifting..dont worry the car wont jerk coz it would already be going uphill..this way the clutch plate wont be abused..in normal city driving, we tend to release the clutch slowly but this thing can damage ur plate while going uphills...
    http://www.pro-pakistan.com/

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power...(Abraham Lincoln)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List