Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Help Needed for Cultus. Please Answer.

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    uak92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Help Needed for Cultus. Please Answer.

    As Salam o Alikum,

    I am very new to cars and stuff and I am planning to buy a cultus. I saw one today it was vxr 2006 and it didnt have this pipe circled red in the picture below. What is it called and what is its purpose? What impact will it have if the car doesn't have it? How much does it cost to get one?

    I am extremely sorry if these question have really obvious answers, but I am very new to all this. Please help.

    Help Needed for Cultus Please Answer -1510711


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uak92 View Post
    As Salam o Alikum,

    I am very new to cars and stuff and I am planning to buy a cultus. I saw one today it was vxr 2006 and it didnt have this pipe circled red in the picture below. What is it called and what is its purpose? What impact will it have if the car doesn't have it? How much does it cost to get one?

    I am extremely sorry if these question have really obvious answers, but I am very new to all this. Please help.

    Help Needed for Cultus Please Answer -1510711
    ye pipe na honay se engine tabah o barbaad hojata he, gari ki value 2 lac kam hojati he market se, gari ki break nahi lagti aur gari me 3 banday beth jaen to start b nai hoti

    jokes apart,

    brother this pipe is just to take the air from underneath the fender to the air fiter, it doesnt cost much, its easily available and no need to be afraid if this pipe is not present, most mechanics pull this pipe out for setting the car on cng

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.naveed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Taxila
    Posts
    436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nfsmostwanted View Post
    ye pipe na honay se engine tabah o barbaad hojata he, gari ki value 2 lac kam hojati he market se, gari ki break nahi lagti aur gari me 3 banday beth jaen to start b nai hoti

    jokes apart,

    brother this pipe is just to take the air from underneath the fender to the air fiter, it doesnt cost much, its easily available and no need to be afraid if this pipe is not present, most mechanics pull this pipe out for setting the car on cng
    it was not present in my car when i bought it....new one is not available i guess, i got it from kabaria @ 1000/- after searching whole market i found only 1 person had it

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    suzukialtomehran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,290
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.naveed View Post
    it was not present in my car when i bought it....new one is not available i guess, i got it from kabaria @ 1000/- after searching whole market i found only 1 person had it
    Its just a ordinary rubber pipe you can get the identical on from any rubber pipe shop for far less than that ripper kabaria is asking for. only difference would be a little extra nose for clamps to get is tighten with the air cleaner housing. but that can be made with little bit heat.
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    engr.naveed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Taxila
    Posts
    436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suzukialtomehran View Post
    Its just a ordinary rubber pipe you can get the identical on from any rubber pipe shop for far less than that ripper kabaria is asking for. only difference would be a little extra nose for clamps to get is tighten with the air cleaner housing. but that can be made with little bit heat.
    i dont want jugaars, just wanted a decent look so went for it other than that no difference in performance with or without this pipe

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    argtr65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,645
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uak92 View Post
    As Salam o Alikum,

    I am very new to cars and stuff and I am planning to buy a cultus. I saw one today it was vxr 2006 and it didnt have this pipe circled red in the picture below. What is it called and what is its purpose? What impact will it have if the car doesn't have it? How much does it cost to get one?

    I am extremely sorry if these question have really obvious answers, but I am very new to all this. Please help.

    Help Needed for Cultus Please Answer -1510711
    It is called resonator,used to suppress the sound created during air induction and also help in streamline dirt free air to enter in carburetor and increases air filter life.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    margallar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,960
    Follows
    6
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    there is an air intake resonator box in the fender, the pipe connects carburetor to it.

    missing pipe means terrible engine sound and bad performance on low rpm
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    uak92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it. I have one more question. I checked the car details on excise.gos.pk and where it shows owner's name beside name it says 'box file'. What does this mean? The dealer told me that the car has 2 owners, but it only has one book. Please answer this also.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    uak92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks everyone for your replies. I really appreciate it. I have one more question. I checked the car details on excise.gos.pk and where it shows owner's name beside name it says 'box file'. What does this mean? The dealer told me that the car has 2 owners, but it only has one book. Please answer this also.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    resonator and cold intake
    you can only get it from kabariya(if lucky)
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    nfsmostwanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    22
    Posts
    3,242
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by engr.naveed View Post
    it was not present in my car when i bought it....new one is not available i guess, i got it from kabaria @ 1000/- after searching whole market i found only 1 person had it
    to my surprice i thought it was easily available

  12. 01-12-2014, 12:55 AM

    PakWheeler


+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •