Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Suzuki Cultus blue smoke at morning startup only

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Suzuki Cultus blue smoke at morning startup only

    Dear experts kindly respond mu query.

    Ride Info:

    Suzuki Cultus 2012
    odo reading: 58k
    Engine condition perfect, no alteration.
    Engine sound is as it was on first day.
    Engine oil Zic A+ from first day (Dont want to change viscosity)
    Top speed: Once checked on motorway on half accelerator and it was 150 km/h
    No decrease in car pick

    Problem:

    Since the winter has started the car gives blue smoke on morning start up only just for 30 to 40 sec. Then normal water and steam releases from exhaust pipe. Rest of the day, there is no smoke neither on high rpm or on start up.

    Possible Reason:

    Weak valve seals or may be little weak rings.

    Required Suggestion:

    I dont want to go for engine head work or valve seals work and dont want to go for thick engine oil. I want to stay on fully synthetic oil. What could be the solution???
    A product is available in market LIQUIMOLY STOP SMOKE. its a oil additive and image is attached for reference. Can this product solve my problem??? will this product made engine oil thicker?? Does anyone has used this?

    Thanks in advanceSuzuki Cultus blue smoke at morning startup only -1528408

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    umikhan2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    184
    Follows
    0
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro i am facing the same problem with my alto vxr ,,, but i am not too much worried because in winters blue smoke is normal ... if you dont want smoke than buy this product ... overhaul is not required in your car ..

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umikhan2013 View Post
    bro i am facing the same problem with my alto vxr ,,, but i am not too much worried because in winters blue smoke is normal ... if you dont want smoke than buy this product ... overhaul is not required in your car ..
    blue smoke in winter normal?? i dont think so.. had you tried this additive?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    all this product does is make the oil thicker and more goopier so that less of it burns, it may be effective but its not a solution, a better way would be to changed to a higher oil viscosity or properly diagnose and get the valve seals or piston wrings or whatever it is fixed.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,325
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    First confirm that is it smoke or steam? Does your car reduce oil? Are you the first owner?

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,309
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    zic a plus is not the oil for your car.you need a pretty old school oil (API SJ) max because of its flat rockers.use ZIC M or LIQUI MOLY Formula Super 15W/40.
    The reason Cultus EFi faces early valve stem seals failure is due to wrong selection of oil.
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    First confirm that is it smoke or steam? Does your car reduce oil? Are you the first owner?
    its blue smoke puff only on cold start up with oil burning smell. after that there is only normal steam. m first owner. Oil reduction is very little. half on stick mark after 4000 km

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    zic a plus is not the oil for your car.you need a pretty old school oil (API SJ) max because of its flat rockers.use ZIC M or LIQUI MOLY Formula Super 15W/40.
    The reason Cultus EFi faces early valve stem seals failure is due to wrong selection of oil.
    means i should use conventional mineral oil??

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,325
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danishijaz View Post
    its blue smoke puff only on cold start up with oil burning smell. after that there is only normal steam. m first owner. Oil reduction is very little. half on stick mark after 4000 km
    Smoke on cold starts means bad valve steams. I don't see a reason of valves going out 58k driven car. If you are the first owner then you should know the history of repairs on the car else second hand cars are mostly meter reversed

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    khayyam25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    20
    Posts
    608
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i have a 2013 cultus, 37 on the odo. similar issue although lasting 7-8 secs

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    Smoke on cold starts means bad valve steams. I don't see a reason of valves going out 58k driven car. If you are the first owner then you should know the history of repairs on the car else second hand cars are mostly meter reversed
    m also surprised... only 58k and this problem. should i go for compression test? and what can be the solution for bad valve steams?

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khayyam25 View Post
    i have a 2013 cultus, 37 on the odo. similar issue although lasting 7-8 secs
    i think its due to poor petrol or may be due to suzuki low quality parts

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,325
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    zic a plus is not the oil for your car.you need a pretty old school oil (API SJ) max because of its flat rockers.use ZIC M or LIQUI MOLY Formula Super 15W/40.
    The reason Cultus EFi faces early valve stem seals failure is due to wrong selection of oil.
    Cultus has hydraulic lifters. And it needs 5W30 API SJ or higher. Their is no problem of early valve stem failures unless you don't use motor according to factory spec and cultus has problem of blowing head gaskets because of exhaust design.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,309
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    Cultus has hydraulic lifters. And it needs 5W30 API SJ or higher. Their is no problem of early valve stem failures unless you don't use motor according to factory spec and cultus has problem of blowing head gaskets because of exhaust design.

    i think cultus efi is being discussed here
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    Cultus has hydraulic lifters. And it needs 5W30 API SJ or higher. Their is no problem of early valve stem failures unless you don't use motor according to factory spec and cultus has problem of blowing head gaskets because of exhaust design.
    dear cultus till 2006 or 2007 have carburetor engine and have hydrolic lifters. After 2008 to onward efi engine has adjustable tappets with rocker arms

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,325
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danishijaz View Post
    m also surprised... only 58k and this problem. should i go for compression test? and what can be the solution for bad valve steams?
    Sure you should go for compression test. And if its the valve steams its better to give the car to dealership for this repair. But i highly doubt its blue smoke. Can you post the smoke video here?

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,309
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danishijaz View Post
    means i should use conventional mineral oil??
    yes obviously.i am using zic m and change after 3000 kms and masahallah my cultus has clocked 110k kms and still strong no oil reduction.
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,325
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danishijaz View Post
    dear cultus till 2006 or 2007 have carburetor engine and have hydrolic lifters. After 2008 to onward efi engine has adjustable tappets with rocker arms
    thanks i thought it still has hydraulic lifters which required 5W30 mostly. The flat ones use 10W40 or 20W50 mostly.

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ahmed2396's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,325
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    i think cultus efi is being discussed here
    thanks for correction

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedraja1996 View Post
    Sure you should go for compression test. And if its the valve steams its better to give the car to dealership for this repair. But i highly doubt its blue smoke. Can you post the smoke video here?
    sure i will post video by tomorrow. its a blue smoke puff only for 5-6 sec and oil burning smell can also be felt.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •