Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cultus Engine (Experts help needed)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus Engine (Experts help needed)

Assalam O Alikum,
    i am having cultus 2005 vxr i. I need to get its engine overhaul . please can you suggest me good mechanic for engine overhaul in karachi. What would be the cost of overhauling. Currently it gives light blue smoke when the car is running. Water gets evaporated from radiator despite having my head weld. Currently oil level is also low.
    Please provide me suggestions whether to get my current engine overhaul or getting a kabli one. And how to decide whether my current engine can get overhaul effectively or not.

Chelsea F.C Till I die...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar bhai need your advise kindly guide as i have to take action urgently
    Chelsea F.C Till I die...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You should have gone for a new head instead of welding, I did the same mistake. Are you sure you need a overhaul because the symptoms you are telling might be due to a blown head gasket or welded head being cracked. For effectively knowing if it requires an overhaul you must get a compression test done but I am not sure if it can take place with a gasket or head failure. Did you put in a genuine gasket and not those paper ones. For mechanics please contact noomanghori a PW member on the following thread post#93 he says he has good mechanics contacts:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...-engine-swap-5

Also on the same thread a PW lowresolution post#122 may also be able to help you.

If you want to see kabli engines and get an estimate contact imran manan at gharibabad 0321-8221732, 0347-2000300. But he has only EFI engines. He may be able to arrange a carburetor one but you won't have many options to find a clean piece. There is a whole market in gharibabad of kabli engines but he is the most reputed one.

For overhaul always remember as Xulfiqar bhai says you need proper tools. Rest the experts will help you decide.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List