Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: Radiator coolant flow inquiry

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Radiator coolant flow inquiry

    Kindly tell me if these two pipes (Radiator bottom and radiator top) are joined with the help of a separate pipe in addition, what will be the effect?

    Actually i have removed the CNG kit and mechanic has bypass these pipe in a way as i have marked in the imageRadiator coolant flow inquiry -1596595


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    please snap picture from ENGINE Bay of vehicle for such routing .. if it is how u posted it seems something seriously wrong. bottom goes to water pump inlet, - top one is to complete water circulation when car is hot & thermostat is open for coolant flow. if your mechanic have done some by-pass as in post, how coolant will flow to maintain engine temp?
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danishijaz View Post
    Kindly tell me if these two pipes (Radiator bottom and radiator top) are joined with the help of a separate pipe in addition, what will be the effect?

    Actually i have removed the CNG kit and mechanic has bypass these pipe in a way as i have marked in the imageRadiator coolant flow inquiry -1596595

    why in the world are you trying to bypass the radiator?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    This is the current situation. Line in Red color is showing the bypass pipe (CNG kit was in between before)
    Radiator coolant flow inquiry -1596606

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    car is in this situation for almost 5 month. No heating or any other issue. T-valve installed , fan automatic.. Today i noticed this i wondered how this is possible

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    wasim625's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,243
    Follows
    0
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danishijaz View Post
    This is the current situation. Line in Red color is showing the bypass pipe (CNG kit was in between before)
    Radiator coolant flow inquiry -1596606
    First this diagram is wrong. Put the T-valve inside engine not away from it.

    Second if you are describing it right - the red line - then you radiator is not bypassed its actually your heater core that is bypassed.
    Its a bullcrap done by mechanics in summer season - when heater is not being used - to avoid any hot air leaking into cold air of AC and effect its cooling.
    Doing this be ready to get your heater core repaired the next time you put it back in circulation in winter season. Since it would be leaking.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    First this diagram is wrong. Put the T-valve inside engine not away from it.

    Second if you are describing it right - the red line - then you radiator is not bypassed its actually your heater core that is bypassed.
    Its a bullcrap done by mechanics in summer season - when heater is not being used - to avoid any hot air leaking into cold air of AC and effect its cooling.
    Doing this be ready to get your heater core repaired the next time you put it back in circulation in winter season. Since it would be leaking.
    Dear, i made a rough diagram only which i could see easily. definitely T-valve is attached with the engine. Heater core is bypassed but indirectly radiator is also bypassed (i mean top and bottom pipes are joined near heater pipes) but i used heater in same situation in last winter. Heater was working fine.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    if red is whats been done. Thats fine, i usually do that during summers to further ensure no flow in heater core and aircon efficiency is not compromised.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    danishijaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    if red is whats been done. Thats fine, i usually do that during summers to further ensure no flow in heater core and aircon efficiency is not compromised.
    In between red there was CNG kit (Factory fitted) and after removal of kit this is the situation. what if i remove this red pipe???

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    if you removed the CNG kit, you need to plug the T connectors at coolant line only.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danishijaz View Post
    car is in this situation for almost 5 month. No heating or any other issue. T-valve installed , fan automatic.. Today i noticed this i wondered how this is possible
    the red line you show is acceptable, infact coolant filters are installed like that.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •