Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By zee5han
  • 1 Post By s15
  • 1 Post By Thinking

Thread: Improving headlights performance?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Improving headlights performance?

Yesterday I cleaned d headlights of my cultus, the cleaning guy told me to install higher watts bulb nd intall a relay for it, my question is does it carry a bad effect on generator

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm suffering from the same problem. Sometimes at night, I need to turn on and off the light switch to check if they are even on! On high beam, I can't even see the road lol.

Right now searching for HID kit for cultus. If someone has them, kindly PM me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am in the same boat. and yea relays would do. afaik the generator shouldn't be effected by this.

s15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all, adjust headlights to proper level.

Then add relays.

Addition of powerful bulbs or relays will do nothing good, if the headlights are aimed at the sky!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@sir508, HID kits are easily available in market, almost all shops are flooded with them , you can get them from 3k rs to 10k .
    There are no special kits for cultus, these are universal kits, meaning they fit all cars,
    I have been using Hid's on 3 of my cars for years , they produce a lot of glare for the incoming traffic, especially the higher watt ones,
    (shop keepers tell you proudly k "sir bala cheez ha " "sir is ne agley ko andha na kiya to wapis de jana " )

Another thing is HID kits do come with warranty , but they are prone to get defected , water gets in the balasts and rusts it from inside, another thing is that these cheap Chinese HID's take about 10 secs just to warm up ( the bulbs don't have a filament instead its filled with gas), so either you keep them on 24/7 , or they are of no use in high beam if you just want to keep them for dipper, (the warm up time)

I would suggest you to instead get a pair of good Narva bulbs , or a Phillips , get your headlight height adjusted, then see of you need any relay ( Local ostad to har kam k liye relay thok dete han).

You can do all this in the price of which you get a cheap HID (the cheaper ones like 3k, which are really pathetic, adn a pain the ***)which gives bad glare, bad visibility , not realiable

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A simple and cheap way is to paint the reflector part of headlight in white color

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zee5han View Post
    @sir508, HID kits are easily available in market, almost all shops are flooded with them , you can get them from 3k rs to 10k .
    There are no special kits for cultus, these are universal kits, meaning they fit all cars,
    I have been using Hid's on 3 of my cars for years , they produce a lot of glare for the incoming traffic, especially the higher watt ones,
    (shop keepers tell you proudly k "sir bala cheez ha " "sir is ne agley ko andha na kiya to wapis de jana " )

Another thing is HID kits do come with warranty , but they are prone to get defected , water gets in the balasts and rusts it from inside, another thing is that these cheap Chinese HID's take about 10 secs just to warm up ( the bulbs don't have a filament instead its filled with gas), so either you keep them on 24/7 , or they are of no use in high beam if you just want to keep them for dipper, (the warm up time)

I would suggest you to instead get a pair of good Narva bulbs , or a Phillips , get your headlight height adjusted, then see of you need any relay ( Local ostad to har kam k liye relay thok dete han).

You can do all this in the price of which you get a cheap HID (the cheaper ones like 3k, which are really pathetic, adn a pain the ***)which gives bad glare, bad visibility , not realiable
    Sweet!!! Going to hit the workshops in F-10 this weekend. Any tips from which shop should I get them done? The Narva/Philips bulb don't have any charge time? So these HID can either be "1" and "0"? Nothing in between? There are some light which guys flash and there is no warm up time, I"m assuming they are LED powered.

Wesa are we allowed to tint windows? Almost all cruzoor owners along with Pardo, Benz guys have their windows tinted, I want them too in my cultus.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sir508 View Post
    Sweet!!! Going to hit the workshops in F-10 this weekend. Any tips from which shop should I get them done? The Narva/Philips bulb don't have any charge time? So these HID can either be "1" and "0"? Nothing in between? There are some light which guys flash and there is no warm up time, I"m assuming they are LED powered.

Wesa are we allowed to tint windows? Almost all cruzoor owners along with Pardo, Benz guys have their windows tinted, I want them too in my cultus.
    I don't understand what you mean by 1 and 0 , sorry

Well yes as I explained earlier normal bulbs which have filament don't have any warm up time ,
    HIDS have warm up time ( they are the ones with little boxes with them called balasts or as local shop keepers call them blasters )
    I got a pair of Phillips crystal vision for 3.5k set (h4) they have a white light , I know the importer directly , you cant find Phillips stufff in local market,

Phillips crystal vision is just great imo, you get white light which for maximum visibility , they don't have any glare for on coming traffic

if you want the brightest and badest then 100w HID is the way to go, you can get them around 7k,
    go to shop and ask them for the brightest HIDS, when they show you HID tell them to give you demo of them,( they connect it to battery and turn them on ) after this push them for more brighter with stuff like " yi kam ha or bright dikhao etc "
    take demos of different brands they got, visit 2,3 shops you get the idea about price and get the one desired and up to your liking.

if you want a pair of proper Philips bulbs i can give you number of importer of philips narva and many other bulbs as well he lives on adyala road so you will have to pick them up from there.

Regarding tints , they are illegal, I remember long ago you could acquire permits for them if you had contacts in ministry of interior.
    But not anymore, from what i have seen Govt officials use tints now a days, I had all 3 cars tinted jet black , but since all of them frequent Islamabad daily its really a headache , so i removed them, one of my cars has full tints (swift) It hardly goes to Islamabad.
    So if you live in Islamabad I would suggest not go for this as police will stop and fine you at every check post

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you live in Rawalpindi side you can have Tints etc without a problem but in Islamabad its really not worth the trouble

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any recommended shop in sultan ka kho please

s15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by proud_pathan24 View Post
    Any recommended shop in sultan ka kho please
    For what? Addition of relays or for bulbs?

I think you can get some good quality car products from @hash4u

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=249863

1. Relays.
    2. Properly adjusted headlights.
    3. 55/60W Philips bulbs (not high wattage bulbs) is what you require.

HIDs are waste of money.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank u

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by proud_pathan24 View Post
    Yesterday I cleaned d headlights of my cultus, the cleaning guy told me to install higher watts bulb nd intall a relay for it, my question is does it carry a bad effect on generator
    bro HID is considered illegal so better go for hifgher watt,
    currently u might have 65 W 12 V
    go for 100+ watt 12 V and if u have budget then go for LED bulb and yes relay is must, it stabilizes and do not loose battery charges
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

s15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by brownrose78 View Post
    bro HID is considered illegal so better go for hifgher watt,
    currently u might have 65 W 12 V
    go for 100+ watt 12 V and if u have budget then go for LED bulb and yes relay is must, it stabilizes and do not loose battery charges
    I always thought that higher wattage bulbs are more brighter, until i used 12V 60/55W Philips bulbs. They produce less heat and more light than high wattage bulbs, do not need frequent replacements and do not even damage headlight housing/reflector.

The one i used were something similar to this.

http://www.philips.co.in/c-p/12342XV...specifications

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

adjust your head lights, get them cleaned. install orignal new koito tubes (90 W/100). Should cost around 600-700.

should be fine.

dont go for HIDs. i installed and got rid of them coz they are waste of money.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok...thanks Thinking, I believe ur advise shud work, installed koito 100/90w , 12v tubes with relays, carried out lights adjustment nd now its much much better
    Total cost =1200/-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had the same problem i took my car to the local electrician at choburji he cleaned the headlights without opening them and replaced the bulbs with (according to him) japanese koto/koito cant remember the correct name and every thing is fine since then cost about 1000

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    adjust your head lights, get them cleaned. install orignal new koito tubes (90 W/100). Should cost around 600-700.

should be fine.

dont go for HIDs. i installed and got rid of them coz they are waste of money.
    What do you mean by HID will be waste of money?

I think they are legal because EVERYONE ONE IS BLOODY USIN THEM IN ISLAMABAD AND IT PISSES ME OFF! Are those Koito bulbs LED? Are they better then HIDs?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List