Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By umarkhan1
  • 1 Post By SER_GTR
  • 1 Post By arsalaanali89
  • 1 Post By umarkhan1

Thread: Cultus starting problem

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsalaanali89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Cultus starting problem

    Dear all,

    I've got carby cultus. It does ghe ghe while staring cold n never starts. Battery is new, alternator seems ok. Same problem on cng n petrol, in fact worst on petrol. Thats y i dun park the car in petrol. Whenever i switch to petrol it does ghe ghe on every start, no matter cold or hot. On cng however, it does ghe ghe at cold only usually after overnight park.

    actually all this started when i parked the car for about 2 weeks while driving 200 km on petrol, shut down the car on petrol. after coming back, i tried to start the car n the problem started. its been a month now with this problem

    Kindly advice some troubleshooting. Thanks



    Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    1)Slippy clucth
    2) heavy oil (20w-50)
    can cause such issue

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsalaanali89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i changed the whole clutch assembly including pressure plate etc. all genuine parts. oil is 20w-50 yes, but i have been using this grade oil since ages now with no issues. actually all this started when i parked the car for about 2 weeks while driving 200 km on petrol, shut down the car on petrol. after coming back, i tried to start the car n the problem started. its been a month now with this problem

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    1)Slippy clucth
    2) heavy oil (20w-50)
    can cause such issue

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pricelesspegasus View Post
    i changed the whole clutch assembly including pressure plate etc. all genuine parts. oil is 20w-50 yes, but i have been using this grade oil since ages now with no issues. actually all this started when i parked the car for about 2 weeks while driving 200 km on petrol, shut down the car on petrol. after coming back, i tried to start the car n the problem started. its been a month now with this problem
    Sounds a valve being jammed..
    Check your ignition timing..
    Is your car FF cng??


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsalaanali89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    Sounds a valve being jammed..
    Check your ignition timing..
    Is your car FF cng??


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Not ff cng

    Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Inspect You IGn System 1st...It Shld Start On Petrol Or CNG...Rotor Loose Plug Wires..Look For Spark In All CYL

    Make Sure Everything Is Working In Engine (Valves Pistons ) And Not Jamned...It Can Be Solenoid Cuttoff Switch Issue IGN Also...Make Sure Fuel Pump Is Working And Fuel Is Pumped Into System....

    Ask Mechanic To Try Starting It Directly Bypassing Them If IGN Is All Good....
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsalaanali89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Inspect You IGn System 1st...It Shld Start On Petrol Or CNG...Rotor Loose Plug Wires..Look For Spark In All CYL

    Make Sure Everything Is Working In Engine (Valves Pistons ) And Not Jamned...It Can Be Solenoid Cuttoff Switch Issue IGN Also...Make Sure Fuel Pump Is Working And Fuel Is Pumped Into System....

    Ask Mechanic To Try Starting It Directly Bypassing Them If IGN Is All Good....
    Fuel system is ok, ignition n engine valves etc need to b checked. It was doing the same on petrol only previously, cng was all doing good. But after parking the car for 15 odd days the thing has now become evident for both petrol n cng

    Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pricelesspegasus View Post
    Fuel system is ok, ignition n engine valves etc need to b checked. It was doing the same on petrol only previously, cng was all doing good. But after parking the car for 15 odd days the thing has now become evident for both petrol n cng

    Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
    As I Said It Can Be Carb Issue....Bypassing It May Start It If IGN Is Good....These Odd Things Also Happen Overnight Also....
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsalaanali89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    As I Said It Can Be Carb Issue....Bypassing It May Start It If IGN Is Good....These Odd Things Also Happen Overnight Also....
    Carb is not the issue, the car actually fails to take the self. It starts to briefly self start but dies completely in a sec or two. After that no response while i turn the key

    Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    SER_GTR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,737
    Follows
    16
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pricelesspegasus View Post
    Carb is not the issue, the car actually fails to take the self. It starts to briefly self start but dies completely in a sec or two. After that no response while i turn the key

    Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
    Check Your Starter Solenoid Or A Weak Ground......! Get It Thoroughly Inspected If Engine Is Rotating Perfectly...!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsalaanali89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Solved. 2 valves were jammed

    Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pricelesspegasus View Post
    Solved. 2 cams were jammed

    Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
    Must be valves


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •