Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cultus engine gets off (RPM drop)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus engine gets off (RPM drop)

Hello guys,

I have Cultus 2008 with EFI engine on both petrol and CNG.

The issue with my car is, it keeps its engine getting off when you drive while AC is ON.

The same issue also happens when you drive the car over 80 km/h with AC OFF.

This happens on petrol and CNG both. I am unable to find out solution from any mechanic.

Awaiting your help, guys.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Open distributor cap and clean that from inside. Clean spark plugs or change them if they are old.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

according to me its air filter issue
    bcz when your car is getting more fuel also need more air for good combustion

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ch.talal View Post
    Open distributor cap and clean that from inside. Clean spark plugs or change them if they are old.
    I did already but didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by saqibyasin View Post
    according to me its air filter issue
    bcz when your car is getting more fuel also need more air for good combustion
    I have changed air filter multiple times. Same issue!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If your located in Karachi this guy can help 03471032247
    It doesn't matter baby we can take it real slow

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bkkhanny View Post
    Hello guys,

I have Cultus 2008 with EFI engine on both petrol and CNG.

The issue with my car is, it keeps its engine getting off when you drive while AC is ON.

The same issue also happens when you drive the car over 80 km/h with AC OFF.

This happens on petrol and CNG both. I am unable to find out solution from any mechanic.

Awaiting your help, guys.
    I have cultus 2008 efi, running on petrol. The issue is the car is taking jerks in all gears. The impact is more in low gears 1 & 2. Have to slightly press clutch to minimize the impact in low gears. Mechanic is saying that this issue is related to electrical system/sensors.
    Yesterday, changed oil with shell 10w40, oil filter, air filter as well. Changed all spark plugs to DENSO as it was due. But the jerk problem is still there. Plug wires replaced two months ago along with throttle service, and changing of IAC valve.

Another problem is rpm dropping issue which appears at random times. The car mileage is 7-8km, emitting black smoke, engine driven 150k+. No use of ac during these issues.
    Your response will be highly appreciated. Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sami_malik View Post
    I have cultus 2008 efi, running on petrol. The issue is the car is taking jerks in all gears. The impact is more in low gears 1 & 2. Have to slightly press clutch to minimize the impact in low gears. Mechanic is saying that this issue is related to electrical system/sensors.
    Yesterday, changed oil with shell 10w40, oil filter, air filter as well. Changed all spark plugs to DENSO as it was due. But the jerk problem is still there. Plug wires replaced two months ago along with throttle service, and changing of IAC valve.

Another problem is rpm dropping issue which appears at random times. The car mileage is 7-8km, emitting black smoke, engine driven 150k+. No use of ac during these issues.
    Your response will be highly appreciated. Regards,
    Ignition system all checked??
    Distributor cap??
    Rotor?
    Ignition timing??
    What about tappets??

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umarkhan1 View Post
    Ignition system all checked??
    Distributor cap??
    Rotor?
    Ignition timing??
    What about tappets??

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Yes ignition system checked, distributor serviced along with rotor. Don't know about ignition timings. Electrician told me to ask the mechanic for tappets setting adjustments but i learned from the web that tappet setting for efi cars is not required.
    I found one useful link Symptoms of a Bad Throttle Position Sensor regarding tp sensor.
    So, today i checked the tp-sensor according to manual and found that the resistance readings of tp-sensor are not smooth/linear during opening half of throttle plate. Also, the voltage levels for closed throttle is 0.6 which should be 0.2 and for WOT it is around 4 which should be 4.6. I think the problem lies in tp sensor and need to be replaced.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes ignition system checked, distributor serviced along with rotor. Don't know about ignition timings. Electrician told me to ask the mechanic for tappets setting adjustments but i learned from the web that tappet setting for efi cars is not required.
    I found one useful link Symptoms of a Bad Throttle Position Sensor regarding tp sensor.
    So, today i checked the tp-sensor according to manual and found that the resistance readings of tp-sensor are not smooth/linear during opening half of throttle plate. Also, the voltage levels for closed throttle is 0.6 which should be 0.2 and for WOT it is around 4 which should be 4.6. I think the problem lies in tp sensor and need to be replaced.

bhai gari k tappets karwaen

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai gari k tappets karwaen
    Tappets adjustment will improve the pick but won't fix the black smoke problem all together.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Before doing all this, scan your car ECU and you will get the error code. Then you can precisely fix that problem. I hope you car has that grip for scanner as previously dumb electricians used to remove that considering that useless.
    My car also had black smoke problem but it got fixed on its own. May be a wire was lose somewhere. Now it has got that notorious RPM drop issue after driving a longer distance. I am suspecting TPS as on minor touching the accelerator, RPM rises and stays risen for some time. (Unfortunately my car is missing that OBD scanner grip so I can not scan it for error code. I am thinking about getting that from junkyard and installing that to ease the working on car)
    Plus you should also get the tappets adjusted. This car engine requires tappet adjustment.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your output values are good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your output values are good.
    today i went to the mechanic for tappet adjustment and after detail examination he told me that tappet adjustment is not required as the engine is running very smooth and without any problem. He has more than 20yrs of experience. Further, he serviced the throttle body and took a test drive with me. RPM still high i.e. 1300 may be due to tp-sensor problem. During the test drive he also noticed the jerk problem. He along-with a guy from wheel balancing/alignment shop examined all tires/rims one by one and concluded that the problems is due to deformed tires /rims. That means rims and tires are not in proper shape and have runouts horizontal/vertical which is causing this jerking as the car is not moving smoothly. Replacement of tires/rims suggested by him. No engine/electrical cause for this problem.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List