1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2006 cultus problems!!!

Aoa my new cultus is nt working good its speed sucks ,,,on AC it bhehave like a truck top speed which is fully loded 2ndly its ac bolwer is licked ..so ac is nt working proplery ,...
    3rdly i was coming from motorway ...yeh cultus dam car Bht zor lati hy ,.,,120 p bht muskil sa jati hy .,,.,2006 cultus have alot of problems so dnt Buy ...any one tell me if some one has same problem in 2006 cultus
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lolzzzz@ storm

end main baat woh he aa jati hai na k SUZUKI nahi PAK SUZUKI
    http://www.facebook.com/oodbalow

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys,

How much of the reported problems true for VXL? I have heard from a few that VXL has less quality control issues than VXR or VX. Is there any truth in that?

I was getting one next month, but yesterday I was informed by the Meezan Bank (the bank I leased my car from) that my car had arrived (a month ahead of schedule) and that I will be given possession by wednesday 18th of Oct.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai aLi, VXL hoo ya VXR or VX, cultus tou cultus hee rehay gee na, BMW tu nahen ho jaey gee na

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@minhasm bhai,

On the face of it I agree with you. Gari Cultus hee rahe gi. But poor QC renders it to be less than what a Cultus ought to be.

It's all about how the QC process. I have heard many people claim that VXL's have lesser issues. That is why I was inquiring.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliyusuf

congrats on getting new vxl. my experience with cultus rather suzuki is that you have to have a special mind set while getting a new car. first of all you think that every thing is wrong with this car but good thing is that every thing is easily corrected. if you go there thinking a 100% fit car with all nuts and screws in place, then you may find your self in state of deep depression. i was perfectionist before buying cultus now i'm accept-ionist. car's engine improve to great extent with increase milage and good tuning .i changed the tyres and its ride quality also improved(before that i used to think its only a myth).

one has to keep in mind why you chose this car at the first place. if its fuel economy and interior space and ease at parking ,then cultus provides you lots of it but if you are 18 years old and adrenaline pouring out of you then again a big disappointment. i personally think economy and performace dont usually go together.

for my part, i am begining to like this car. and good luck to you

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai @kashmir1,

Thank you for sharing your point of view.

I too am of a similar mindset. Because when the pros and cons are evaluated it is a car that is decent, practical and good re-sale (one should never forget that).

However, initially from the looks of the posts in this thread, it seemed that the problems regarding this car were almost overwhelming and this was a death-trap of a car.

This feeling of mine quickly dispelled after I talked to some of the people who own this car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am not sure whether i should reply, any how i will.
    i have a mehran 93 and recently(6 months back) purchased cherry qq. i had 4 options
    cultus vxl
    joy
    qq
    santro.
    each had a + point and a negative.
    since this post is about cultus so i will discusS cultus. cultus sure has a history of poor performance even after being the most expensive car in hatch back cars among suzukis. but it has two big + points.

1 any porblem can be repaired by any one at very Low cost.
    2 resale

my cousin got a cultus as offical car and on very first day returing from office, car had a problem on isb highway.to his amazment there was no rod to support engine hood.
    the fault was prety small but hold the hood was a bad experience.

i being young can't accept this thing so i went for cheapest car with all the luxuries provided by cultus vxl. my every trip is a dream trip till now. it might be a bit expensive ride but its worth every penny.

Any how since suzuki is a pakistani company so i do wish they start improving quality standerds so that we start purchasing thier cars with trust and peace of mind instead of reporting problems on pw.
    --

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also have 2006 cultus(vxl) but no probelm with its ac....pick is also good after getting tuned on 1000km...but the ac blower is licked...it not have too much throw......

well the speed issue.......
    u people know that cultus is 1000cc+carpuretor technology...and 1000cc speed is not not more than 140 to 145......fuel per 140 touch ho jata and on cng 120 to 125......
    so do not talk about speed problem...cultus kabi 200 touch nahi kar sakti....not even if u buy new city....
    cultus have fitiing problems...bcoz pak suzuki quality standard is not up to the mark.....

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai @rishi,

That is exactly what I have been hearing from all the VXL owners. VXL, although fewer in number, has been reported to have fewer quality issues than it's VXR and VX siblings.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cultus doing 120-130 kmph is good enough, as the built of car is such that it should not even be pushed beyond that. As for the problems in a new cultus, that is to be expected of local assemblers, and after a visit or two to their authorized dealer, most of the problems can be fixed for free in the 1000 km service. As for engine pick on CNG, from my experience that will only improve after car has been driven around 5000 km and driven not like an uncle but being pushed to around 4000 rpm, or better yet, taken on a highway trip. Happy driving
    The rule book is for guidance of the wise and obedience of fools.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar dont blaim suzuki. Cultus, Liana, mehran are PAKSUZUKI made, not suzuki made :-)
    In pakistan Toyota is INDUS, Honda is ATLAS, suzuki is PAKSUZUKI, Hyundai/Kia is DEWAN, so plz dont expect something better from there !!!!!!!!
    HONDA the power of TOYOTA's dreams...

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Got my 2006 Cultus VXL with metallic Eminent Blue (Strong Blue) yesterday.

Ride, smoothness, A/C, Power-Steering all according to what I was expecting. What I didn't expect was Suzuki Alloys Rims. That came as a pleasant surprise.

Yesterday I drove around testing the car for any defects. Found none.

This morning before coming to office I filled my fuel tank to full. The fuel gauge needle has been stuck on the full mark ever since. Even after I have arrived at my office and the car has been turned off/Parked. The fuel gauge is sill at full.

Tell me guys, is this a bug? Because, if memory serves me right, last night when I turned the ignition off, the fuel gauge needle came down to it's initial position.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i come to hear many problems in the new cultus... however those who own early cultus say that the quality of initial cultus was far more better than what Suzuki delivers today... the seat fabrics, door trims, shocks, plus it was available in more than 15 colors!!! but then for a long time PakSuzuki produced Cultus in just 4 colors, silver, maroon, white n sky blue....

i do own a cultus and thats a 2000 model... problems like slow pick on CNG is a problem with every cultus but i dont get any other problems like u mentioned...
    don't love the car you own.., own the car you love!
    my blog: CarSpiritPK.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ aliyusuf

No the feul guage wirks this way .. it shows how much feul u have even with the ignition switched off.

@ all

Cultus has this tendency of showing greater engine performance with increase in mileage. 15k-20k on the odometer and u have an engine that performs at its prime. As for the top speed , I did 135 on cng @ the national highway . ( i have a 2002 model with 87k clocked and landirenzo kit) maybe tunning issue is there .
    teri aankhein to mere raaz kahay deti hein

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Every1
    Its been a whole yr tht i bought my cultus. The prob ur tellin exist in every single cultus. mine has done 40,000 n now it should finally get normal but still the problem remains hardly it touches 120 on motorway on cng. u turn off the ac while driving and u feel like u've turned on NOS. Well there is no solution to these problems and yeah my even my AC LEaks from leg area u. ur legs get colder than ur hear area. then the door problem. i dont c a single cultus without a door problem. my VIP door is rear left, by vip means some1 has to open it from outside as it cant b opened 4m inside. Overall, its a really nice car, i love it, we dont really have a choice, the parts maintainance and resale makes it a gr8 car.

To increase a lil bit of performance, Goto the SUZUKI showrooms (well they are really expensive but still...) go for a tuning, a good engine oil (havoline CNG) may be and change ur air filter every 5,000kms. after all this u can feel a v lil change. do this every 5,000kms or less. Tuning every 10,000. Good LUCK!

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the clarifiction bhai @ahsan225.

Ride wise, A/C wise and Comfort wise no complaints. Decent interior and quite spacious cabin for a 1000cc. I am really beginning to like this car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think the AC in my car has gone mad :p aaj kal kuch ziada hi cooling kerne laga hai :p 10-15 minutes k baad AC band kerna perta hai :p
    teri aankhein to mere raaz kahay deti hein

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow and i thought those problems were just present in the cultus i came across but after reading all this........ so much for new cars=no tention haha
    I had a chance to drive a 2006 cultus vxr on petrol a month back, well the pick was ok on petrol, it went to 120 easily on the motorway but was loosing it after that, but i also didn't push it...........
    The brakes ......... well woh kehtay hain na "tra nikal gaya" wohi hoa meray sath kai daffa when i came back from gt road........... crap brakes.....
    And yeah i also couldn't figure out why the ac was directing air also towards the feet when the knob was at the position so that the air should only come to the face... I also thought that it must be a loose cable aur something but if this is also happening with others then....
    Well I would say a piece of junk for this price.........My chevy is a thousand times better...... even my charade is.....
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

am quite happy with my cultus.... it is giving me 240/250KM in CNG and 15KMPL on petrol (with 50% GT road/long and 50% within city).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List