Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By abid110
  • 1 Post By rameezahmed2
  • 1 Post By ch.talal
  • 1 Post By ch.talal
  • 1 Post By rameezahmed2
  • 1 Post By rameezahmed2

Thread: Cultus Efi strange starting problem

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Cultus Efi strange starting problem

    My cultus is 2011 model efi 52000 kms done, i am facing this problem for last 15 days or so, the car starts fine most of the time within 1st self but problem is after i drive it for half an hour and stop somewhere and take a break for 20-30 mins, after that car does not start, it does not even take self (gari ko start karne ki koshish karo to fan on hota ha par engine start nahi hota or koi sound he nahi ata self lagta he nahi).

    PS: Fuel pump awaz kar raha ha pichlay aik mahinay se seeti ki awaz ati har waqt or mene 5s dealer se b pocha ha unho ne b fuel pump replace ka kaha tha par kaha tha ke filhal aise he chalao. But car does not start on CNG too, when i try it pressing the CNG converter button for few seconds it comes to CNG but dont take self. so what could be the problem???

    PS: After i change it to CNG and then turn the switch off, phir start karta hu to hojati ha start wohi petrol pe. Aisa do baar to huwa ha ke start hogayi ha, akhir problem kia ho sakti ha

    SOLUTION: battery was the culprit in this issue, i changed it to AGS 50 AMP battery bought it for 4400, old battery sold for 800 (it was phoenix battery of 50 AMP which completed its 25th month) so i paid only 3500 Rs. and it has 6 months warranty. Now the car self works more rapidly and there is no problem of starting even when the car is hot.

    PS: the terminals of the car which attach to the battery terminal are weak i guess, its factory fitted i will changed them to in near future, one of them sometimes get loose.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,907
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Aapki car per asar hai shayed...take it to a baba jee

    Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    [QUOTE=abid110;5197764]Aapki car per asar hai shayed...take it to a baba jee

    Bhai agar gari ka ilaj aise hota to aj sab babay crore pati hotay

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    ch.talal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    665
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Your car starter (self) motor requires new carbon bushings. When bushings wear out starter does not work when engine is hot. Just change them and your car will start just fine. No need to change starter motor as any good electrician can fix it.

    Suzuki 3S and 5S people are dumb and stupid. They will tell you stupidest fix. If self is not working when hot what does it has got to do with fuel pump?

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ch.talal View Post
    Your car starter (self) motor requires new carbon bushings. When bushings wear out starter does not work when engine is hot. Just change them and your car will start just fine. No need to change starter motor as any good electrician can fix it.

    Suzuki 3S and 5S people are dumb and stupid. They will tell you stupidest fix. If self is not working when hot what does it has got to do with fuel pump?
    Thanks alot, brother. One mechanic told me that it maybe related to battery too if its happening with AC on, so i am waiting if it happens again he cleaned the battery terminals and told me to check it for few days and if it happens again i should check my battery gravity and see if it needs replacement, but i am convinced that what you told me makes more sense than this, i am waiting for few more days or weeks till it happens again.

    Thanks for your expert advice, i will update it again if anything new happens

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ch.talal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    665
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    Thanks alot, brother. One mechanic told me that it maybe related to battery too if its happening with AC on, so i am waiting if it happens again he cleaned the battery terminals and told me to check it for few days and if it happens again i should check my battery gravity and see if it needs replacement, but i am convinced that what you told me makes more sense than this, i am waiting for few more days or weeks till it happens again.

    Thanks for your expert advice, i will update it again if anything new happens
    Battery is not culprit here. My car also used to do the same. Even changed the battery but that did not help. 3S people added a relay but of no use (adding relay is the favorite job of pakistani car electricians. They will just destroy your car wiring with their stupid relay mentality). Took it to a road side electrician who just opened the self cleaned it, installed new carbons and the problem was fixed in just 400 rupees.

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro i went today to visit two battery shops and told them to check the battery and even though they checked with some instrument i cant name it though (which collects acid from the battery and that acid goes all up in that glass tube) and told me that your battery is weak although they had no confidence when they said it and one of the child checking that at one shop told the other that battery is fine and soon another guy interrupted and told me to change the battery.
    I did not tell them about my problem or else they would obviously tell me that its the battery fault, they just want to earn. cant blame them

    Btw my battery is 50 amp of Phoenix (14-08-2014 manufacturing date on it) in good condition visibly and self works fine in cold condition and my car starts in first self, the only issue is which i mentioned above in the very first post.

    anyway, i will soon visit good electrician and do the needful work as told by you

    thanks alot. i will update soon

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    ch.talal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    665
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    When your car is running, alternator (generator) charges the battery. Even if battery is almost dead and after driving half an hour or more, it will still have some juice to rotate the starter few times.

    If your fuel pump is running, headlights are turning on, sound system is working battery is fine then. And as you have told after switching to CNG and back to petrol, car starts just fine, these are the same symptoms that I have observed and the problem was with Starter motor only. (even I changed the CNG switch but problem was not with that either. Yup I wasted so much money on Suzuki Crap-tus)

    Besides if your battery is too old (which is not) you should change it as you will face cold start problem as well if car remains standing several days.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    SOLUTION: battery was the culprit in this issue, i changed it to AGS 50 AMP battery bought it for 4400, old battery sold for 800 (it was phoenix battery of 50 AMP which completed its 25th month) so i paid only 3500 Rs. and it has 6 months warranty. Now the car self works more rapidly and there is no problem of starting even when the car is hot.

    PS: the terminals of the car which attach to the battery terminal are weak i guess, its factory fitted i will changed them to in near future, one of them sometimes get loose.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,907
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    SOLUTION: battery was the culprit in this issue, i changed it to AGS 50 AMP battery bought it for 4400, old battery sold for 800 (it was phoenix battery of 50 AMP which completed its 25th month) so i paid only 3500 Rs. and it has 6 months warranty. Now the car self works more rapidly and there is no problem of starting even when the car is hot.

    PS: the terminals of the car which attach to the battery terminal are weak i guess, its factory fitted i will changed them to in near future, one of them sometimes get loose.
    Yar i have put in 65amps of Phoenix...50 is actually of low amperage for cultus with cng and cd player...as the figure 50 actually does not mean 50 amperes

    Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    Yar i have put in 65amps of Phoenix...50 is actually of low amperage for cultus with cng and cd player...as the figure 50 actually does not mean 50 amperes

    Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Brother, i am going to sell my car soon, i figure out i dont like cultus at all. Mein ne galti karli ab isko sell karke swift lunga used

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,907
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    Brother, i am going to sell my car soon, i figure out i dont like cultus at all. Mein ne galti karli ab isko sell karke swift lunga used
    Hahaha yeah...kuch bhi khaas nahi hai cultus me..extremely overrated car for nothing...

    Konsa model hai aapka?

    Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    Hahaha yeah...kuch bhi khaas nahi hai cultus me..extremely overrated car for nothing...

    Konsa model hai aapka?

    Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app
    Bro 2011 ha august ka, abhi 1.5 months pehle li thi used, sab kaam karwa liya ha par bus bilkul bhi pasand nahi arahi, bilkul bakwas drive ha cultus ki,

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar4494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,255
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    Bro 2011 ha august ka, abhi 1.5 months pehle li thi used, sab kaam karwa liya ha par bus bilkul bhi pasand nahi arahi, bilkul bakwas drive ha cultus ki,
    Don't you think "bakwas" is very under rated world for cultus , although I do have one.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar4494 View Post
    Don't you think "bakwas" is very under rated world for cultus , although I do have one.

    Sent from my SM-N920C using PW Forums mobile app
    hahaha bro dont mean to disheartened anyone having cultus, but really we have so many cultus cars in our family and relatives and no one seem to be satisfied and always seem to complain about one thing or another especially the steering which needs hulk like strength to turn, poor doors in terms of closing and with too much noise, poor brakes and low quality window regulators, so uncomfortable to drive and very bad suspension even tried zero meter cultus which had sound coming from the back i think that was from fibre board and uncomfortable to sit for long drives. I can just go on n on and really i have cultus so i know it, some may disagree but kare b kia or koi choice b nahi hamaray pas in paiso mein, mehran to lene se rahe haha

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,907
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    hahaha bro dont mean to disheartened anyone having cultus, but really we have so many cultus cars in our family and relatives and no one seem to be satisfied and always seem to complain about one thing or another especially the steering which needs hulk like strength to turn, poor doors in terms of closing and with too much noise, poor brakes and low quality window regulators, so uncomfortable to drive and very bad suspension even tried zero meter cultus which had sound coming from the back i think that was from fibre board and uncomfortable to sit for long drives. I can just go on n on and really i have cultus so i know it, some may disagree but kare b kia or koi choice b nahi hamaray pas in paiso mein, mehran to lene se rahe haha
    Agree..

    Last line says all..that is why i bought one...k space achi hai, parts ka issue nahi aur har jagha kaam hojaega...warna cultus me kuch khaas hai nahi...really i again say that liana and alto are suzuki's best cars...as per my experience of owning all 3 of them

    Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    Agree..

    Last line says all..that is why i bought one...k space achi hai, parts ka issue nahi aur har jagha kaam hojaega...warna cultus me kuch khaas hai nahi...really i again say that liana and alto are suzuki's best cars...as per my experience of owning all 3 of them

    Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app
    i agree with you on alto, we have a alto too at our home or abhi tak koi masla nahi aya us mein, better than cultus in terms of quality, liana maine kabhi use nahi ki.

  18. #18
    Newbie Follow
    anwar.zaib514's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default Cultus VXR 2007 Starting Problem,

    I am facing a very strange problem for the first time with my Cultus VXR 2007. After approx 30 KM drive when i switched off the engine once; then it doesn't start until engine is cool down and takes load while starting . Car Battery is 4 months old. I visited to the Mechanic and he advised to change the Self bushes (i dont know the proper name) . your expert advise is requested please.

    Regards
    Rayyan

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •