0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus or no cultus

I just recently bought myself a 2005 vxl cultus with economics in my mind excluding regular maintenance costs.i was surprised to see how low can paksuzuki stoop in compromising quality if they were marketing this stuff in some other country they would have been long sued . Engine wise the car was actually runing on cng dont know for how many years so after purchase of this vehicle i was stuck in tunning the cng as the pick was pathetic i finally decided to get rid of the dammed cng which actually meant opening the pindora box ( tunning the carb) , as the rpm was jumping randomely . The mechanic on examining the carb intimated me because of cng the carb inside parts have rusted and car idle was not stable . The carb was serviced and things got fine but afterwards there started car starting problems for which i started going through pakwheel forums and adjusted screws on carb and sorted out timming by adjusting the distributor but as i dont have a timming gun it can not be 100% accurate so i keep on fidling in hope that one day things will go smooth . Beside these weird encounters comming from suzuki cultus i have oiled and opened power windows so many times which by the way is good for one day running only and again the same old habit of stucking windows occurs . One had to slam shut the cultus doors to properly close them i fail to understand how can there be so many issues comming from suzuki yes parts are cheap cost of car cheap resale is good but cheap parts means the car is cheap . Khota car . The ac pipes leaks . The gasket fails . The clutch fails. The breaks are bad there is considerable vibration and engine noise inside the cabin when one pushes the car. What was suzuki thinking when making this car , btw the suzuki engine g10 is actually 1980s technology and i felt it is totally underpowred . Now the question arises why should one buy a suzuki neglecting the fact that the maintenace costs will overcome the economics. Where quality will be severely compromised. There are many other issues like door cards vibrating etc etc etc .issue car

things i have done so far

clutch plate changed.
    Viper changed.
    Removed cng
    serviced the carb.
    Still setting distributor till date to get proper responce and idle.
    Changed fuel filter as car started jerking.
    Removed all cng related accessories for default factory settings.
    Diy grounding of engine bay.
    Diy fog lights .
    Diy painting of vipers .
    Diy door servicing .

Now i understand that the some of you guys would say areay bhai suzuki heay mercedes-benz tu naheen but believe you me suzuki makes good reliable cars as well i reacon this is a special gift for pakistan which paksuzuki is ozing out. Your comments are welcome .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cultus is not a great car but to be honest in your case I would blame your maintenance
    For power windows issue do you have door plastic barrier ? Like in pic belowCultus or no cultus -1717640

About ac pipe leaking issue does your ac technician changes dryer on every ac gas service?

About vibration from engine are you using 20w-50 type heavy oil?

About gasket are you using coolant or water? T.valve present or removed?

About unstable rpm are all vacuum hoses connected?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regarding the jerking issue, if it isn't running smooth then identify the issue and fix it.

your first priority would be to get a fine spark regardless of timing, get the coil, distributor contacts, cdi(don't know what its called condenser or something but it functions similar to cdi), spark advance mechanisms(vacuum leaks and centrifugal weights/springs), plug wires, spark plugs and grounding checked.

once it is all set your next step would be fuel system which includes fuel pump, air filter (make sure its frypan box is sealed tight and venturi of cng is properly removed), fuel filter, carburettor (jets, float, power pump, vacuum pipes connected to carb / dashpot, a/c and electric load idle adjustment working properly, auto choke not stuck).

a relatively new car not maintained properly is worse than an old car maintained properly
    an old car not maintained properly is the worst and would give you nightmares.

I don't really know why you opted for an 11 year old car nor properly maintained old cars are that bad but it seems like you preferred shashka of vxl over a clean vxr.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually i have been told that the door motors have covered there life span so whatever you are going to do it will not respond and to the contrary a wd40 spray cleans up the grub in the channels and it starts to work for two days max and the same window Stucking thing starts again.

Regarding timming it was fully advanced for CNG and was moved clockwise all the way where i retarded the distributor after throwing the CNG kit and tank out but as i dont have a timming gun it is not dead accurate so sometimes when i shutdown the engine it does not respond in one go. Same in starting sometimes the car responds in one sulf but sometimes takes more trys specially when warm. Which is a definite timming issue . BTW i have recently changed sparkplugs which were brown.

I never got the AC lines inspected maybe it was done by previous owner but it is a sure leak somewhere . i already filled coolent gas twice which is expensive and it stays for one month and then escapes.

The performance is not good but the thing is why should i complain about performance as driving my own camry in saudiarabia . and maybe it is me i am used to performance and quality and comming back to Pakistan driving cultus has given me nightmares as i am expecting more to come out of cultus ....
    That is why i bought myself a cultus VXL for shushka being automatic and all but it has yielded a pure disspointment .
    Now here the question arises either keep on spending money on something which will not ever become a performance quality vehicle or sell the 4 month old purchased car for something better .
    Any kind of engine performance change will directly effect the aftersales the price will go down . not to mention additional engine problems occurring .
    I recon G10 engine is a real weakling .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The tvalve has been removed from line by previous owner the fan was direct where the wires were shorted i have restored original automatic function . The OIl is 20w 40 as lighter oil will destroy the old head and block . As Engine rotation increases there are chances that valves and rings will give way and other issues would arrise. I have become paranoid by going on highways with scare that something will go wrong while driving . It is a bad vehicle to have.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have changed the vaccum pipes to carb also changed pcv valve as well but the performance is disspointing .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amer_khan_76 View Post
    The tvalve has been removed from line by previous owner the fan was direct where the wires were shorted i have restored original automatic function . The OIl is 20w 40 as lighter oil will destroy the old head and block . As Engine rotation increases there are chances that valves and rings will give way and other issues would arrise. I have become paranoid by going on highways with scare that something will go wrong while driving . It is a bad vehicle to have.
    Dont pour heavy oil cultus have hydraulic tappets and needs light weoght oil pour sgo premium 10w-40 it

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List