Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Various problems. Need guidance

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Various problems. Need guidance

    salam @Xulfiqar bro and other pakwheelers i need your guidance???
    Today i went to suzuki 3s dealer for coolant change, i bought this cultus car model 2011 52000 kms done just a month ago so i thought its better to change water in radiator with good coolant, but then they said to go for a under body inspection and told me various problems,

    1. they said your radiator is not genuine and is plastic made, genuine one is 7000 and your metal hoses along with other rubber hoses will be changed costing about 500-600 and about 1000 labor. My car is running fine but i wanted to change water to coolant so that engine and other pipes can be rust free and i think it will be better in long run. so please guide whether i should go with this work or not?

    2. they said you have oil pin leakage so it will be repaired for 1800 along with labor.

    3. they said steering boots are torn and need change so it will be around 500 labor plus you have to buy boots from outside, they are not available separately at their workshop.

    4. they said gear oil shifter seal leakage is there so we will seal that too for rupees 3000 and we have machines to fix it and we wont take the gear box out for that and then your gear oil will be changed. the only problem i have is there is bit hard shifting from neutral gear to 1st gear? they did not say it will be resolved by this.

    5. they said your petrol tank is heated/damaged, it is out of shape. so we will open it and see if it can be repaired. costing me 1000 labor.

    Please tell me whether i should go for these works or not, or what works i should go for immediately or should i consult some other mechanic too. Your guidance is needed most please. i will be highly thankful


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsalankhan321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    18
    Posts
    211
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    salam @Xulfiqar bro and other pakwheelers i need your guidance???
    Today i went to suzuki 3s dealer for coolant change, i bought this cultus car model 2011 52000 kms done just a month ago so i thought its better to change water in radiator with good coolant, but then they said to go for a under body inspection and told me various problems,

    1. they said your radiator is not genuine and is plastic made, genuine one is 7000 and your metal hoses along with other rubber hoses will be changed costing about 500-600 and about 1000 labor. My car is running fine but i wanted to change water to coolant so that engine and other pipes can be rust free and i think it will be better in long run. so please guide whether i should go with this work or not?

    2. they said you have oil pin leakage so it will be repaired for 1800 along with labor.

    3. they said steering boots are torn and need change so it will be around 500 labor plus you have to buy boots from outside, they are not available separately at their workshop.

    4. they said gear oil shifter seal leakage is there so we will seal that too for rupees 3000 and we have machines to fix it and we wont take the gear box out for that and then your gear oil will be changed. the only problem i have is there is bit hard shifting from neutral gear to 1st gear? they did not say it will be resolved by this.

    5. they said your petrol tank is heated/damaged, it is out of shape. so we will open it and see if it can be repaired. costing me 1000 labor.

    Please tell me whether i should go for these works or not, or what works i should go for immediately or should i consult some other mechanic too. Your guidance is needed most please. i will be highly thankful
    Brother if they said that your radiator is plastic made then never ever visit them. And @Xulfiqar bhai your guidance for other problems. I think that they are making you fool.

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arsalankhan321 View Post
    Brother if they said that your radiator is plastic made then never ever visit them. And @Xulfiqar bhai your guidance for other problems. I think that they are making you fool.

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Thanks bro, the reason i always post my problems here is that i get a good solution of my problems from you brothers and then i can understand better what to do next. I have solved previous 2-3 problems though this forum

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    arsalankhan321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    18
    Posts
    211
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    Thanks bro, the reason i always post my problems here is that i get a good solution of my problems from you brothers and then i can understand better what to do next. I have solved previous 2-3 problems though this forum
    Wait for @Xufiqar bhai, @capsat bhai guidance also.

    Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    shery_leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    salam @Xulfiqar bro and other pakwheelers i need your guidance???
    Today i went to suzuki 3s dealer for coolant change, i bought this cultus car model 2011 52000 kms done just a month ago so i thought its better to change water in radiator with good coolant, but then they said to go for a under body inspection and told me various problems,

    1. they said your radiator is not genuine and is plastic made, genuine one is 7000 and your metal hoses along with other rubber hoses will be changed costing about 500-600 and about 1000 labor. My car is running fine but i wanted to change water to coolant so that engine and other pipes can be rust free and i think it will be better in long run. so please guide whether i should go with this work or not?

    2. they said you have oil pin leakage so it will be repaired for 1800 along with labor.

    3. they said steering boots are torn and need change so it will be around 500 labor plus you have to buy boots from outside, they are not available separately at their workshop.

    4. they said gear oil shifter seal leakage is there so we will seal that too for rupees 3000 and we have machines to fix it and we wont take the gear box out for that and then your gear oil will be changed. the only problem i have is there is bit hard shifting from neutral gear to 1st gear? they did not say it will be resolved by this.

    5. they said your petrol tank is heated/damaged, it is out of shape. so we will open it and see if it can be repaired. costing me 1000 labor.

    Please tell me whether i should go for these works or not, or what works i should go for immediately or should i consult some other mechanic too. Your guidance is needed most please. i will be highly thankful
    It's Better To Get It Checked with other mecs
    I don't think your car has that much problem as they have mentioned to you

    Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
    I am Just Like a Mirror Reflecting The Images You Do

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    shery_leo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    4
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    And yes its not a rocket science to put coolant in radiator search YouTube
    For the procedure it's easy and you can do it by yourself too

    Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
    I am Just Like a Mirror Reflecting The Images You Do

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Lightbulb

    @babarhyd sir please see if you can help this member in your town . [ hyderabad ]
    @rameezahmed2 if your car is running fine without any heat up simply flush and use coolant in cooling system.
    you can get OEM parts from suzuki shop & get items replaced from a mechanic recommended by @babarhyd

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    Thanks bro, the reason i always post my problems here is that i get a good solution of my problems from you brothers and then i can understand better what to do next. I have solved previous 2-3 problems though this forum
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shery_leo View Post
    And yes its not a rocket science to put coolant in radiator search YouTube
    For the procedure it's easy and you can do it by yourself too

    Sent from Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
    I wanted to make sure nothing goes wrong, i read somewhere here on pakwheels that using coolant with minor leakages or weak hose pipes will make them more prone to damage and ultimately more problems. But you are right i am thinking of going to another mechanic and changing the water with coolant. I thought it was good if i went to 3s dealer for that but that turn worst at this time.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @babarhyd sir please see if you can help this member in your town . [ hyderabad ]
    @rameezahmed2 if your car is running fine without any heat up simply flush and use coolant in cooling system.
    you can get OEM parts from suzuki shop & get items replaced from a mechanic recommended by @babarhyd
    Ok i am waiting and yes i want to install all genuine parts from OEM. Thanks

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    @rameezahmed2 if you are interested in DIY for coolant flush & replenishment , @babarhyd is right person to seek help from he is very kind & helpful person @babarhyd
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @rameezahmed2 lets meet up after 10th Muharram in Hyderabad. I can help you in providing what you need for your car. Lets have it checked by different mechanics as well. We will see if you REALLY need the radiator to be flushed. Let me know where you are located in Hyderabad so we can further coordinate and meet.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @rameezahmed2 if you are interested in DIY for coolant flush & replenishment , @babarhyd is right person to seek help from he is very kind & helpful person @babarhyd
    Sir at his service. Will surely help the member out

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    truegesture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    @rameezahmed2 lets meet up after 10th Muharram in Hyderabad. I can help you in providing what you need for your car. Lets have it checked by different mechanics as well. We will see if you REALLY need the radiator to be flushed. Let me know where you are located in Hyderabad so we can further coordinate and meet.
    Same issue here. My radiator water is very rusty. However I change it every 2 months. I asked my mechanic to solve it permanently he said nothing to do bcz if we use coolant then radiator and pipes will be damage. any suggestion?????

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by truegesture View Post
    Same issue here. My radiator water is very rusty. However I change it every 2 months. I asked my mechanic to solve it permanently he said nothing to do bcz if we use coolant then radiator and pipes will be damage. any suggestion?????

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    First and formost change your mechanic. Coolant never causes RUST. It actually prevents it.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    truegesture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    First and formost change your mechanic. Coolant never causes RUST. It actually prevents it.
    I know coolant never causes rust but he said if the pipes and radiators are already rusty so coolant will not work even damage it. Please attached picture. Name:  1476117663986.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  53.1 KB

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    rameezahmed2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    @rameezahmed2 lets meet up after 10th Muharram in Hyderabad. I can help you in providing what you need for your car. Lets have it checked by different mechanics as well. We will see if you REALLY need the radiator to be flushed. Let me know where you are located in Hyderabad so we can further coordinate and meet.
    I am living at qasimabad side, i can pick you from wherever you want me too after muharram and then we can go and check different mechanics, thanks
    My cell no is: 03310331339

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    babarhyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hyderabad
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,956
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    I am living at qasimabad side, i can pick you from wherever you want me too after muharram and then we can go and check different mechanics, thanks
    My cell no is: 03310331339
    I have sent an SMS on your number. InshaAllah we will meet on Thursday.

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    truegesture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by truegesture View Post
    I know coolant never causes rust but he said if the pipes and radiators are already rusty so coolant will not work even damage it. Please attached picture. Name:  1476117663986.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  53.1 KB

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app
    @babarhyd
    Will appreciate ur response

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    @truegesture you may need citric solution flushing before using coolant
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    truegesture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @truegesture you may need citric solution flushing before using coolant
    OK what should I tell to my mechanic so he can understand easily.

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •