2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Various problems. Need guidance

salam @Xulfiqar bro and other pakwheelers i need your guidance???
    Today i went to suzuki 3s dealer for coolant change, i bought this cultus car model 2011 52000 kms done just a month ago so i thought its better to change water in radiator with good coolant, but then they said to go for a under body inspection and told me various problems,

1. they said your radiator is not genuine and is plastic made, genuine one is 7000 and your metal hoses along with other rubber hoses will be changed costing about 500-600 and about 1000 labor. My car is running fine but i wanted to change water to coolant so that engine and other pipes can be rust free and i think it will be better in long run. so please guide whether i should go with this work or not?

2. they said you have oil pin leakage so it will be repaired for 1800 along with labor.

3. they said steering boots are torn and need change so it will be around 500 labor plus you have to buy boots from outside, they are not available separately at their workshop.

4. they said gear oil shifter seal leakage is there so we will seal that too for rupees 3000 and we have machines to fix it and we wont take the gear box out for that and then your gear oil will be changed. the only problem i have is there is bit hard shifting from neutral gear to 1st gear? they did not say it will be resolved by this.

5. they said your petrol tank is heated/damaged, it is out of shape. so we will open it and see if it can be repaired. costing me 1000 labor.

Please tell me whether i should go for these works or not, or what works i should go for immediately or should i consult some other mechanic too. Your guidance is needed most please. i will be highly thankful

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Solution

SOLUTION 1: i changed all metal (2 hose pipes) and other rubber (2 hose pipes) in my case and metal pipes were seriously choked and had holes in them, so i got them changed in Rs. 1000 for all pipes and 500 labor cost from 3s dealer.

SOLUTION 2: Oil pan leakage was sealed properly and oil pan was properly washed and cleaned along with chamber and other pipes through which oil flows under the car. Total labor cost Rs. 1500 and sealant Rs. 250 and petrol of Rs. 50 for wash purpose.

SOLUTION 3: i bought made in taiwan steering boots from a shop costing me Rs. 560 and roadside mechanic took 250 to change them.

SOLUTION 4: Gear oil shifter leakage was sealed and it took almost 2.5+ hours for the job, for this the gear box is never removed. only the car is lifted so that the job is done easily and i went to 3s dealer so they have those lifters, that job cost me Rs. 2500 and gear oil was changed Suzuki genuine gear oil costing me Rs. 1150 for 3 Ltr bottles. Now the gear which was getting stuck from neutral to 1st is resolved and improved significantly.

SOLUTION 5: I had no time for other works as 3s closes at 6 p.m and it was almost 7 p.m so they advised me to leave my car there so that they can repair the fuel tank if it can repaired, but i refused and took the car with me, anyways, my car is running fine even when the fuel tank is de-shaped so i will repair it once it creates any problem, 3s dealer told me that original fuel tank is around Rs. 5000 if you want to replace it.

Other jobs done too: i bought genuine cultus radiator from a local shop of Loads company costing me Rs. 5800 and radiator change from a local mechanic took Rs. 250 for change and coolant cost me Rs. 450 per 1 Ltr bottle and it took almost 3.5 litres of SGO coolant in the radiator and reserve bottle.

I changed the battery too, bought AGS battery 50 Amp with six months free warranty and costing me Rs. 3500 and old battery of 50 amp of phoenix company sold for Rs. 800.

Thanks all for your precious time and helping me out. I will soon be posting image of 3s dealer bill for your reference.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb

@rameezahmed2
    if fuel is not leaking from fuel tank leave it as it is. No need to change.

do get in touch with @babarhyd am sure you will be very pleased with his guidance & help he is another active member from Hyderabad
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    @rameezahmed2
    if fuel is not leaking from fuel tank leave it as it is. No need to change.

do get in touch with @babarhyd am sure you will be very pleased with his guidance & help he is another active member from Hyderabad
    Thanks brother, we got in touch through SMS but i went with my cousin who is bit expert in such problems and after assessing all the problems, i went through all solutions i could find and eventually solved most of the problems i had in my car. Alhamadulilah

Babar is a nice guy and he offered me help and assistance at the first moment we got in touch and thanks for people like you brother who help everyone here in getting our problems resolved.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey brother
    pls first use cutting oil only RS:50/-
    put it in radiator and run car for 10 minutes after that remove hose pipe from top of radiator , and replace all water ,
    this oil removes all your rust from pipes and water body and radiator.
    then change water after this process,
    if you think pipes needs to change then change all pipes of water.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by truegesture View Post
    I know coolant never causes rust but he said if the pipes and radiators are already rusty so coolant will not work even damage it. Please attached picture. Name:  1476117663986.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  53.1 KB

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rameezahmed2 View Post
    Thanks brother, we got in touch through SMS but i went with my cousin who is bit expert in such problems and after assessing all the problems, i went through all solutions i could find and eventually solved most of the problems i had in my car. Alhamadulilah

Babar is a nice guy and he offered me help and assistance at the first moment we got in touch and thanks for people like you brother who help everyone here in getting our problems resolved.
    Good to know that most of problems are solved. If you need any assistance anytime let me know. I have my own setup now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    I have sent an SMS on your number. InshaAllah we will meet on Thursday.
    Salams
    Do u have any idea about the rust under the car? As I had this rust done with the dentor some time back but I see the rust spots again on the same area. Can u guide me on this?
    Thnx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by truegesture View Post
    Salams
    Do u have any idea about the rust under the car? As I had this rust done with the dentor some time back but I see the rust spots again on the same area. Can u guide me on this?
    Thnx

Wasalam. Rust is no big problem unless treated early. Either u can treat it at home as DIY or have it removed by some denter.

Sent from my Z12 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babarhyd View Post
    Wasalam. Rust is no big problem unless treated early. Either u can treat it at home as DIY or have it removed by some denter.

Sent from my Z12 using PW Forums mobile app
    DIY?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List