Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By IsbCap
  • 1 Post By saboor73
  • 1 Post By mian_jee

Thread: Cultus 2008efi not Cranking/Starting - all suddenly

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,897
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default Cultus 2008efi not Cranking/Starting - all suddenly

    Dear all, car was running perfectly well since yestarday night.. But when i tried starting it at around 10pm, the car refused to start.. The issue is:
    Dash lights were a bit dim
    Car fan came up running (as its direct)
    Car didnt take the next self as a 'tick' sound just comes and car doesnt crank at all ..i repeat, it doesnt crank...
    Battery is brand new just a month used (installed by prev owner before sellng car to me).. I have receipt and warranty card too...
    Khair, dhakkay se foran start hogai so i kept it start for 15 mins so that battery is charged..and i tried again by switching off and car started normally no issue.
    But aaj subha phir, car did same and dint start...ab office jana tha and it dint even start with dhakka
    Please elaborate the causes.,.
    Battery, self, distributor or alternator???
    I rechecked all plug wires and all was fine...

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Blue_3107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Once I faced similar issue.
    Cultus EFI.

    Solution (that worked for me): There is one cable going to self starter, connected as 'slide on clip'.
    the connection was dirty, and cleaning it was good enough.

    NOTE: the self starter is located near the firewall, and approach is bit tricky.
    However it is worth a try.

    Regards.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,897
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_3107 View Post
    Once I faced similar issue.
    Cultus EFI.

    Solution (that worked for me): There is one cable going to self starter, connected as 'slide on clip'.
    the connection was dirty, and cleaning it was good enough.

    NOTE: the self starter is located near the firewall, and approach is bit tricky.
    However it is worth a try.

    Regards.
    you had the same issue? i mean, the radiator fan kicks in when i switch on, all lights in dash comes up fine (but a bit dim and fan too not at usual high speed) but on next self, the car doesnt crank...

    so after you cleaned it, car is working fine?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IsbCap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Battery is getting drained overnight. This could be due to some wiring fault (some +ve wire touching the ground etc.).

    Disconnect the +ve battery terminal while parking the car at night. Connect again in the morning and check. If it starts, then you need to inspect for some wiring faults.

    Else, check the gravity of each cell from some battery shop. If they tell that some cells are faulty, claim the warranty.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    Blue_3107's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    you had the same issue? i mean, the radiator fan kicks in when i switch on, all lights in dash comes up fine (but a bit dim and fan too not at usual high speed) but on next self, the car doesnt crank...

    so after you cleaned it, car is working fine?
    Overall Main issue was the same.
    That is not cranking.
    About fan, did not take notice, however all lights in dash board were lighting up fine.

    Yes, cleaning the 'slide on clip', located at Self starter, solved the issue.

    Car was Cultus 2008.

    Regards.

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,897
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    Battery is getting drained overnight. This could be due to some wiring fault (some +ve wire touching the ground etc.).

    Disconnect the +ve battery terminal while parking the car at night. Connect again in the morning and check. If it starts, then you need to inspect for some wiring faults.

    Else, check the gravity of each cell from some battery shop. If they tell that some cells are faulty, claim the warranty.
    hmm...interesting.. but how did this issue came up suddenly as car is with me since 3 weeks now and always started in half self? you mean suddenly something happened?

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IsbCap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abid110 View Post
    hmm...interesting.. but how did this issue came up suddenly as car is with me since 3 weeks now and always started in half self? you mean suddenly something happened?
    Due to nitto tap wiring by desi electricians, sometimes a joint may become in contact with the body later due to tape getting off.

    For some information, you can search "Parasitic current drain" on google.

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,396
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    Due to nitto tap wiring by desi electricians, sometimes a joint may become in contact with the body later due to tape getting off.

    For some information, you can search "Parasitic current drain" on google.
    so wat tape should electrician use? i see nito tape (without brand name) on 0 meter cars from factory... wats wrong with nitto wrapped wiring?

    ps: not being harsh just want to know wats wrong with nitto tape

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IsbCap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    so wat tape should electrician use? i see nito tape (without brand name) on 0 meter cars from factory... wats wrong with nitto wrapped wiring?

    ps: not being harsh just want to know wats wrong with nitto tape

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    Well, an alternate is heat sleeve, but that's not common here.

    Nitto tape is just fine. But it has certain life, after which it's bonding capacity is gone and it may get off, resulting in parasitic load.

    Not putting the blame entirely on tape, just suggesting to look for parasitic loads since battery is new.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    so wat tape should electrician use? i see nito tape (without brand name) on 0 meter cars from factory... wats wrong with nitto wrapped wiring?

    ps: not being harsh just want to know wats wrong with nitto tape

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    I seriously doubt about brand new car having nitto tape fron factory you might be confusing it with black tape thats is used for purpose to keep wirring straight

    About better alternate of nitto tape one should use heat sink on wirring joints

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    This is heat sink

    Cultus 2008efi not CrankingStarting  all suddenly -1720732

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,396
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    I seriously doubt about brand new car having nitto tape fron factory you might be confusing it with black tape thats is used for purpose to keep wirring straight

    About better alternate of nitto tape one should use heat sink on wirring joints
    im reall not sure nito tape locally available is of same size width longitudinally nd latitudnlly which i see in factory cars under those plastic covers (wire dressings).... that fsctory tape is similarly sticky nd feels same it just dont have any brand mark on it.... like localy available have Osaka embosed on it..... but anyway wats wrong with nitto tapes

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    im reall not sure nito tape locally available is of same size width longitudinally nd latitudnlly which i see in factory cars under those plastic covers (wire dressings).... that fsctory tape is similarly sticky nd feels same it just dont have any brand mark on it.... like localy available have Osaka embosed on it..... but anyway wats wrong with nitto tapes

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    Nitto tape can go loose by time

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,396
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    This is heat sink

    Cultus 2008efi not CrankingStarting  all suddenly -1720732
    these r also not available easily all u get is that plastic shitty covers for joints which r similar to this image butdo nothing lol

    ps I used tons of nitto onmy eex cars fogs never had issue in 4 years

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IsbCap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    ps I used tons of nitto onmy eex cars fogs never had issue in 4 years

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    Hmmm. Not necessary to be always lucky:

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/nis...odel-need-help

    Care is better than cure...

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    MrUnknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,396
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    Hmmm. Not necessary to be always lucky:

    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/nis...odel-need-help

    Care is better than cure...
    thats y m asking for so i can use better product if i need to.... + cant we get those factory wali unbranded tape from anywhwre?

    Sent from my LG-LS980 using PW Forums mobile app
    What's Behind You, Doesn't Matter - Enzo Ferrari

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    mian_jee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    This is heat sink


    Cultus 2008efi not CrankingStarting  all suddenly -1720732
    That's heat shrink sleeve, not heat sink.

    Get a heat gun if you intend to do it properly.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrUnknown View Post
    these r also not available easily all u get is that plastic shitty covers for joints which r similar to this image butdo nothing lol

    ps I used tons of nitto onmy eex cars fogs never had issue in 4 years
    These heat shrink sleeves come in rolls & easily available in 4-5 colors, we use them regularly from 4mm to 150mm.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,594
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    no SIR

    this is HEAT SHRINK Tube

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    This is heat sink

    Cultus 2008efi not CrankingStarting  all suddenly -1720732
    & this is heat sink

    Cultus 2008efi not CrankingStarting  all suddenly -1720743
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    abid110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    3,897
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    3
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    I called an electrician today who jusName:  1476901732191.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  247.4 KBName:  1476901769371.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  324.1 KBt saw the battery, checked it and said its dead...he said k sir me charge kr deta hu to check..i said nahi yar rehne do, battery is just 20 days old, iski warranty na void kr den co walay...so i took it in my Liana to baloch colony jahan se previous owner ne dalwai thi battery..he instantly accepted my claim, and offered me a replacement. But said bhai ye cultus cng/ac me 50amp ki battery nahi chale gi ..atleast 60 dalwao for best perf...so i settled for 65amp...paid difference of 1800...i installed it myself and Mashallah car is acting excellent...lagta hai new jaan daal de car me....

    Sent from my QMobile Z10 using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •