Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My brand new Cultus nearly cost me my job!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My brand new Cultus nearly cost me my job!

AOA,

My friend referred me to this wonderful website. I'm currently working as a protocol officer at the Rawal Lounge at Islamabad airport with an extremely hectic workload. I finally decided to upgrade from a Khyber to Cultus, a decision that I'm ruing. Two weeks ago, I received my brand new Cultus VXR without CNG. Only three days later, the rear bumper fell off. You'll be surprised how it fell off. The car was parked at my home, I closed the rear left door (gently in case you wondered) and its impact caused the bumper to simply fall off. I went to the Suzuki dealer to get the bumper attached and they said its not covered under warranty and they will charge me for the labour instead. I was simply shocked at their attitude. After paying a 'handsome' amount, I started my car, and all of a sudden I found out that the fuel gauge was out of order and didnt budge from its "empty" position despite having it fully filled up before going to the dealer. All this happened at the dealer's joint. I asked those Pak Suzuki m(aniacs)echanics to fix the gauge, and they willingly did, but after paying them an additional hefty amount for it as according to them the gauges do not come under the warranty as well. Sixth day into the cultus experience, my nightmare with this car grew as all of a sudden the temperature gauge shot to "H". This all happened when I was on my way to the airport for night duty at 10:40 PM on the highway. I opened up the bonnet and found out there was no hood( Blame me for not checking this when I took delivery of the car) Had to fix the problem with one hand while the other acted as the bonnet's hood. Nevertheless I ignored this issue and got to the bottom of the problem and found out that water was leaking from the pipe and the pipe had not been clamped correctly. After clamping the pipe, I noticed that the water was still leaking. After inspecting closely with my puney torch light, I found out that the pipe was ruptured and of low quality. I finally decided to hire a taxi and had my car towed to the airport. I was an hour and a half late for duty but I thank my stars no disciplinary action had been taken against me for reporting late. The conslusion that I draw from the Pak Suzuki experience is as follows:

1- Pak Suzuki motors are a major safety risk.

2- If you value your life and your job, don't buy their vehicles.

3- Poor quality control contributed to these problems.

4- Extremely overpriced cars. You get peanuts for the price you pay.

5- Suzuki's monopoly has to be neutralized in order to promote a healthy competition.

Agreed Suzuki's spares are cheap but whats the point when a brand new car breaks down every now and then and the thounsands of Rupees that go down the drain result in additional mental angony. I have finally decided to sell this car and buy some other imported brand in the 5-6 lacs range. The good old days of Khyber are over. I've finally had it with Suzuki donkey carts. I need help in chosing the right car for me. After going through such mental anguish, I'm not at all worried about resale. I want a car that could last well over 10 years. My 95 khyber did for 11 years and it still did not have a single scratch on it. My desire and lust for more has landed me in trouble. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Earn as much as 500 USDs per month from the comfort of your home.
    http://www.dataentrywork.net/?id=98419

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

B747, so sorry to read about the ordeal that you had to go through. Thank God no displinary action was taken against you @ work..at the end of the day, if you're looking to get an imported vehicle, they again are used. The 95 khyber which you had, most prolly you must have bought it brand new. If you're planning to go to JDM route, i think you can go wrong with the VITZ (especially since you're not bothered with resale). Alta is in ISB, so if you can , you should meet up with him. He can hook you up with a very good VITZ. You can ask other Vitz owners on PW like Storm, Deloy and MIA for further advice/comments on the car. Hope you manage to get rid of the cultus ASAP.
    Bees waal 4 life

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i felt real sorry for you, but how can sooo many problems in a new car. but i agree casue my cousin bought a new honda civic oriel & u wont believe it had a bad clutch plate & the company said sorry it dont come under warrenty. well its the major problem in all local manufactured cars. Just you have to be lucky that u get a running piece model. Final conclusion.

our local assemblers do not have quality control.
    Wear Seat Belts. Your Family Loves You.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes I bought a new Khyber and I also agree that the QC of locally assembled cars has gone from bad to worse. About the Vitz. What is its price range? I presume that it comes with A/T. Is there any possibility of installing CNG in the Vitz? What options do I have other than vitz?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai every one have his own opinion but why not try the Honda City.
    Wear Seat Belts. Your Family Loves You.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, Honda City is a nice car but its the money thats the problem. I simply cannot go beyond 6 lacs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@B747

"Chevrolet Joy" is the exact fit in your 6lac limit.

It comes with 1litre EFI engine, CNG, power steering, front doors power windows and seat belts on rear seats too.

All the fun in 6lac if you are a rational buyer !
    I have always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty.. as all the King's horses and all the King's men couldnt put Humpty Dumpty back together again.. you know why?.. because there is no Humpty Dumpty! _______________________________________________________________________________________________ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8Y93k0pB0 _______________________________________________________________________________________________ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_O0hD5nQVg

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ALL

B747 wants to get an imported car

@B747

You can get a very decent 2003 VITZ in your price range.. and yes it will A/T fully loaded (stuff which the cultus didnt even have ). As far as CNG is concerned, the car delivers excellent fuel average on petrol no need to plague it with deadly CNG. But still if you're forced to, i have heard it does run on CNG. maybe Alta could guide you more on this topic.
    Bees waal 4 life

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Akbar is right.... but Vitz's parts are not easily available, so you havta find one in good condition which doesnt break down anytime soon....
    "The rough, hard idle swells up and out from under the car, ricochets off other cars, and rams into the ears of the driver, the spectators. You think twice about a 383 Road Runner, but a hemi only once -- and let it pass."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@B747
    as akberGR8 saidyou can find a good 2003 (facelift) model in your budget. However i'd suggest you go for a manual if you want to fit CNG as (in general) a 1.0L engine isn't a good setup with CNG.

If you want to meet up with alta call him on 03332135567.

At least with alta you'll be assured of a quality car unlike pak-suzuki/honda/toyota as they all have no concept of quality control or value for money.

Let me know if there is anythign i can help you with.
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

actually @ b747 bhai,,,,,,ur story is a bit indigestible,,,,,

first of all cultus has servo brakes,,,,,which do not work until the engine has started,,,,,,,so how can u tow it to a taxi,,,,,,,,,,it will hit the taxi from behind as the brakes wont work

secondly,,,,,,,,,,,,about the bumper ,,,,,,,actually its bumpers are the strongest available in any local assembled car,,,,,,,,,i personally have incidents where i have made dents to cars to which i have collided,,,,,but cultus has remained unscratched,,,,,,,,,,,,,,SO the bumper falling off looks very odd

guys i f someone feels that i am only praising my car,,,,,,its not that,,,,,,,,,,i wud love to hate this car,,,,,,but i think in the options available its the better one,,,,,,,so things said like these need to be rectified asap
    ammar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a difference in a strong bumper and a bumper that isnt even fit correctly.

Pak Suzuki sucks ... period!

There are much better cars available for the same price, new and used.
    1st Generation Integration

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@B747

bro, ur not the only one who has suffered at the hands of PakSuzuki. my elder brother bought a zero meter mehran as a second car. within a week of delivery of the vehicle, it broke down twice. its side view mirror (right side) came off. one of its doors wont close properly. another one if locked refused to get unlocked. there were other minor problems as well. this speaks volumes abt the level of quality control paksuzuki has.

now coming towards a replacement for ur cultus. there's nuthing that i'd recommend except vitz. it simply rocks, mate! and plz buy one from @Alta. i bought mine with his help and i'm totally satisfied. u cant even compare vitz with the local crap. u'll feel a world of difference in them.

let me tell u how i went abt it and maybe u can do the same. i went to showrooms in islamabad and asked them to show me some vitz. then i drove them around a lil bit to see if this car is worth buying or not. then i inquired abt their prices and talked to Alta to get an idea abt the prices in karachi. i realized that there was a huge price diff in isb/lhr and karachi. then on a weekend, i went to karachi, met up with Alta, he showed me around and i finally settled for a car that was recommended by Alta.

while making a decision abt the budget for ur car, do keep in mind the following

freight charges=approx 9500
    CNG (if u decide to install it)=approx 30,000
    registeration=apparox 10,000
    initial maintenance (oil change, brake servicing, filters change etc etc)=approx 10,000

check the money ur left with, and then make a decision abt which model car u want. ofcourse, newer model=lesser miles=better condition.

and plz dont just listen to rumors that vitz cant be converted on cng. this is all bull. i got mine converted from al-mubarik cng (g-10 markaz) and its running fine. the only thing that matters is that u must get the coonversion done from reliable and expert ppl.

i hope this helps. i'd love to answer any query u may have in ur mind.

cheerz
    woof! woof!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am with HAMDANI sahab....

it is just all it takes to say " exceptions prove the rule".

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well sorry to hear all this..
    same thing happened with my frnds brand new mehran, the gauges.....

i was looking for a small car... mehran and cuore were the options.. i needed reliability of brand new but after hearing different stories i came to the conclusion that these suzuki cars aint have teh peace of mind of realiable new car... so went for cuore.....
    its all about power to weight ratio...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@B747

Totally agreed with the 5 points u mentioned.

Well i will like to suggest u to either go for CHEVORLET JOY or HYUNDAI SANTRO which ever is ur taste, if u want to buy a BRAND NEW 1000cc DECENT CAR.

They both r real GOOD CARS. (Y)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u have my sympathies b747. My friend bought a cultus and the first month he had to make 5 trips to the suzuki dealership. the first day he brought the car to show it off i inspected the engine and half of the rubber pads for the bonnet weren't tehre, then he mentioned the wires were loose and the car had problems started so he had to return to the dealer 20 mins after leaving with his "brand" new car. Suzuki sucks in quality and after sales service.
    Minor bun engine made Benny Lava...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

feel sory for u friend but one bratherana suggestion never ever go for second hand cultus or mehran this is my xperience too. aur waise bhi new mein bhi fit car (cultus or mehran ) kisi kisi ko milti hai. 100 mein se 1 hi sahi hoti hai.
    Life Goes ON........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@B747
    I Know how it feels to have a breakdown with a new car with which the expectations are very high. the old golden car times of suzuki starting from Fx, Khyber and margalla are over (u can still see 80s Fx and Bolan running around) and lots of khybers and margalla. Mehran is a "majbori" for some low income people.

For a replacement i advice u a brand new sentro. may be it will cost u a bit more than cultus but it have a greater reliability and performance especially with cng plus stronger body and exteriaor. Plus u get readily its parts and a bit of trunk space is there for luggage even after normal cng cylinder.
    Problems are also with sentro as sometimes u feel that u r driving a truck until u get used to it
    secondly if u are long legged and drive with seat at full back there is virtualy no place to sit at the back seat.

Cheverlot: is also a good option and its edge over the sentro is its drive comfort and less pricr comfortably in ur range. but it is quite compact and parts may be bit costly and available only with dealers.

Vitz: Best if u get a good piece and worst if ur luck is not with u + parts problem + resale problems

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm overwhelmed by the response. I've checked the specs of these cars and the vitz undoubtably outwits the rest in terms of quality and performance. But again the problem is my 6 Lacs limit, spare parts availability, being second hand means I'll have to be extremely lucky to get a good piece and another 30-40K for the CNG. The rest are locally made cars but the Joy appeals to me the most. Santro's price has also been reduced by 30Ks and thats another option worth considering. Chery on the other hand is imported, has a beautiful bright interior, and the showroom is literally 5 minutes walking distance from my residence but for some reason, I don't feel comfortable buying this vehicle. I don't why. Still confused but first things first. My primary aim is to get rid of the cultus. I've already talked to my cousin and he has promised me to get it sold. In the meantime, I'll try visiting Joy and Santro showrooms to see which one suits me best. My height is 6.4 and yes I do slide back the seat fully. But thats no cause for concern as I normally drive the car alone. Comfort is also not an issue. Its the performance and reliability.
    P.S How is cuore by the way? I know its small but how good is its reliability? Since I'll be using the car by myself, Space won't be an issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List