Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CULTUS vs SANTRO

Salam to all the PAKWHEELERS.

Today I hav some street racing stuff with me to share with u all. It was safe for sure because it was late yesterday nite and the place is ISB HIGHWAY. Its from ISB to RWP.

I have SANTRO CLUB GV. I did unorganized RACE with COURE, ALTO, AUTO VITZ and MANUAL VITZ and did organize RACE with AUTO VITZ and COURE with some SPECIAL SPARK PLUGS on it. It was just to TEST the car on CNG and nothing else. But I had never experience of SUZUKI CULTUS personally.

I heard from PW members that CULTUS can’t beat SANTRO but from those who OWNS CULTUS, they claims that CULTUS has got UPPER HAND as its TOP SPEED is 200 and SANTRO has only 180 KM.

Now coming to the point, when coming back from BLUE AREA, a CULTUS guy passes me in a VERY HIGH speed as there was no TRAFFIC at all at that time. Luckily the SIGNAL before ZERO POINT was RED and he stops there, so as I. Now my car was parallel to the CULTUS and the driver of CULTUS was in AGGRESSIVE mood also. He was revving the engine constantly very hard and wants to turn it on. I was also interested as I never did DRAG with CULTUS before.

Now the SIGNAL turns into GREEN, we started our cars FURIOUSLY. CULTUS remains PARALLEL to SANTRO at first gear and it also did well on 2nd GEAR but reaching at HIGH RPM on 2nd gear, the distance b/w the cars gradually starts creating. And it was SANTRO who stays ahead and remains ahead form its direct RIVAL which we consider.

Well it is the interesting one for me atleast . It is not as 2.0D SALOON vs MAZDA RX-8. Now what u all says about it ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok ! First thing is that Mani is right, it depends on the engine mods and the driver. Mani's car is really fast as I know it.

And you learn as u go. I mean gear shifting is the only thing that the driver has to be good in when racing cars of the same category. In a straight line drag, I've beaten Santro's, Cultuses, Khybers and altos's. But that's only cuz of the gear shifting and engine mods.

Dont beleive me, I have a Mehran with nearly the same mods as Mani1.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!35659~ForumID!12~pw.html

Wait for the other car to shift if u have a little bit of powerband left. Judge if u can still keep going in this gear while the other shifts. As the other shifts, his accleration will drop a bit and then u shift. This will give u a little lead plus in the next gear, you'll start @ a higher rpm meaning you are again in the powerband. This is the technique used to win races in this category. Will upload an acceleration video soon.

In the meanwhile, Drive Safe !!!
    B2 Innovations - Events & Media Managers

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129332754507

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Haceeb

Atleast the consumer can compare the product of the companies overall. And make an idea that which 1 is best value of his MONEY.

@shiraz_kaka

I again mentions that i m not a good driver at all. I started learning driving back in MARCH 2006. I took the car above 140 km on highway and still the CULTUS driver was following me and i (not much better idea) may gave him 2-3 cars lead.

s55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@uetian98
    its a brand new cultus 2006(new grill wali).
    the car is in a good condition and 17k driven, it even has pioneer mp3 player with woofer and pioneer speakers.
    i can say at this moment that cultus is far far better than a Alto.
    Thanks to ALLAH for everything | Love what you have!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

s55 wrote

i can say at this moment that cultus is far far better than a Alto.

U don't hav to stuck at ALTO. Alto is way behind from SANTRO, JOY and CULTUS. It is obvious.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u

Cars should be compared on these things:
    1) Safety features
    2) Clean Engine emissions
    3) Fuel economy
    4) Build quality
    5) Head/Leg room and luggage space
    6) Styling

Yup... compare it to get a better value for money... but not by comparing straight line acceleration...
    I have always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty.. as all the King's horses and all the King's men couldnt put Humpty Dumpty back together again.. you know why?.. because there is no Humpty Dumpty! _______________________________________________________________________________________________ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8Y93k0pB0 _______________________________________________________________________________________________ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_O0hD5nQVg

s55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u
    i think cultus is very much comfortable than coure, santro, alto and joy.

cultus is luxurious and has a very good looking, mature and descent interior, speedometer and RPM meter.

i would recommend cultus over any car in its class.

when i first had ride in my friends brand new santro (only few hundred kms driven), i was feeling like i am sitting in riksha, there was no comfort for the one sitting at the back and speedometer is like some kid has designed it.(no offense but that is what i felt at that time).

dont have any hard feelings i own none of them but i have experienced them and i am giving a neutral review.

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well this in no way is like the other thread you mentioned bro. this is sensible. a question that makes some sense

For some reasons like mani said already these cars are at par. for all stock cars perform differantly. But i have driven both and i can say that santro is not stable at high speed for some reason at exact 105km all the santros start shaking cant figure out why though and cultas is differant in this case. rest mani can answer better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Intresting now

@kiani1

I want to request u to stick on to the STOCK CARS and forget about modified cars here atleast.

In this case after i read the CNG sticker on CULTUS then i decided to go against it. Because it almost represents no mods.
    Ur RPM theory is 100% true.

Well i already mentioned that when reaching at high RPM at 2nd gear then there was creating distance b/w the 2 cars. Remember me and the driver of CULTUS didn't shift the 3rd gear yet.

The difference started during the 2nd gear. He was accelerating furiously so as i.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Haceeb

Good point. I appreciate that u mentions overall factors involve in a good car.

Cars should be compared on these things:
    1) Safety features
    2) Clean Engine emissions
    3) Fuel economy
    4) Build quality
    5) Head/Leg room and luggage space
    6) Styling

Only the characters which r bold & italic above, what i think represents the advantage of CULTUS. Isn't it ???

SAFETY & Build QUALITY ???

I don't want to discuss this. Because i can assume that all PAKWHEELERS know about SUZUKI SAFETY at this time.

Clean Engine emissions & Fuel economy ???

It should be represent like this CARBORATOR vs EFi.

HEAD/ LEG & LUGGAGE SPACE ??

Both got GOOD HEAD space. I totally agees that CULTUS has got better LEG space.
    But we all know that most of the cars in this category has got CNG in them.
    What to do with the luggage then ??? I like to again say that SANTRO is the only car in its class to provides luggage space along with CNG

AND FINALLY STYLING ???

Every one has different TASTE thats why different SHAPE of the CARS r available.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@s55

I can't understand why u use LUXURY word for CULTUS. For me its interior is outdated, exterior is some what good but LUXURY ??? where ???

U wrote

when i first had ride in my friends brand new santro (only few hundred kms driven), i was feeling like i am sitting in riksha, there was no comfort for the one sitting at the back and speedometer is like some kid has designed it.(no offense but that is what i felt at that time).

Different PEOPLE hav different TASTES. May be lets say any one can make these type of statements for BMW 7-series. It is only true for him not globally.

@mrhot2000

Nice to meet u at dec 9, 2006. It was my pleasure to meet u.

Its seems to be that there were some wheel balancing or alignment problem. I used to drive around 110-120 only at HIGHWAYS when they r empty. But i don't face this type of problem yet.

s55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u
    do you call interior of santro as updated? you are only comparing them on the basis of EFI and trunk space. you dont have to sit in the trunk and there can not be a much difference in average of cultus and santro. santro has nothing to offer except for being EFI, it looses its respect in many places. it dont even have glove box if i can remember correctly, in my opnion both cannot be compared i-e santro and cultus, cultus is very much better than a santro in many respects.
    and yes its luxurious in its class.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ usman i think u only want to praise ur santro here,,,,,,,

otherwise u have no logical point to prove
    ammar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u

bro are you trying to say that santro is a faster car than a cultus?

because if that is what you are saying then let me tell you that the fastest 1000cc NA car of lahore isa cultus, not a santro. And its an open challenge. If you have a cng santro Ill race you and beat you with a cng cultus. If you have a petrol cultus I will race you with a petrol cultus and beat you. If you have a modified santro I will race you with a modified cultus and beat you. Its an open challenge. And all three cultuses are owned by me. Aap jab bhe kaho *** I am ready for the race.

And as far as which car is better on other grounds, bhai cultus ki sale santro say double say bhe zada hai. That itself speaks of which car is better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hamdani_08

I was talking only about FACTS. If i was praising SANTRO then i wouldn't agree with the LEG space of CULTUS.

I did mention the reality about the specification of both these 2 cars and it is absolutely
    TRUE
    because u didn't even find a
    FALSE STATEMENT
    over there.

Didn't u ???

@s55

Well the interior of CULTUS is outdated for sure. U can verify ur self. Look at its interior colour, same as the colour of MEHRAN and u feel luxury over here. I didn't say that the the interior of SANTRO is OUTRAGEOUS but it is some extend GOOD like the style and unique colour.

I think u r praising CULTUS by calling it LUXIRIOUS, but i didn't use this LUXIRIOUS word for SANTRO.

Don't hav the GLOVE BOX doesn't makes a big difference. U can find it under the front PASSENGER seat.

s55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u
    what can i say man, i am speechless!!!
    only three words
    just go for a ride!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mani1

U wrote

Sales itself speaks of which car is better

It is not TRUE. Have u ever heard about CHEVY JOY ??? Yea man it is available in PAKISTAN. And it is even better in some departments if u r comparing it with CULTUS & SANTRO.

What do u say about the increasing SALES of MEHRAN ????

It means it is the BEST.

It is our stupidity (i m not blaiming any one here)that most of us STUCK at SUZUKI, HONDA and TOYOTA only due to RESALE factor.

For me it seems that u r a DIE HEART LOVER of CULTUS.

U don't hav to make it too serious. Relax man, be neutral and just think once about the ENGINE SPECS of both these 2 cars.

The CARBORATOR again see CARBORATOR engine which u r talking about was introduce in PAKISTAN at 1986 in SWIFT which later turn into KHYBER and now inherited in CULTUS. What do u think about it ???

Turn into REALITY NOW

U know technology changes. And u r trying to prove that the OLD TECHNOLOGY is better than NEW TECHNOLOGY.

Think about it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@s55

U wrote 5 words and put 3 exclimation marks at the end

just go for a ride!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Omg! Wah usman bhai. Ill reply in two parts. First of all

Performance

You just said that I should look at the engine specs and that cultus engine is a 20 years old engine. Rite? And santro is EFI and a latest engine.

I would not talk on paper. Lets talk practically. And exclude CNG from the discussion. Lets talk about petrol versions of both cars. Odinary people dont talk about performance and 0-100 times when it comes to 1000cc NA cars. I am sure you will agree to this. What they want is that there car should accomodate 5 adults easily and be able to easily move. Now I am sure you will also agree that 3 adults cant sit on the back seat of santro with ease and comfort while they can in a cultus. Anyways since I am talking about performance

1)Why is a cultus the fastest 1000cc NA car of lahore when there are countless modded santros around and there are only 2/3 respectable cultuses here in the drag scene?

2)Why do santros lose to cultuses even when santros have more mods? Oh I thought they were EFI and that was supposed to be an advantage, wasnt it?

3)Why does a stock petrol santro loses to a stock petrol cultus? If You dont believe it. I throw an open challenge

In short its a proven fact that a petrol cultus is better in performance when compared to santro both in stock and modified forms. A santro is extremely unstable at high speeds(relatively compared to cultus) and has a sucky top end(again compared to cultus). Cultus is more stable. Even when coming to body mods cultus looks better. Search for GTI pics online.

I consider this performance matter closed. If maximum modded santros(headers,piping,exhaust,plugs/wires,frps, bigger injectors, intakes etc etc) cant beat a cultus what else do you want? And wht are the specs of the cultuses? Headers, and exhaust only. Just think what would happen when a race clutch, bigger carb, tb mods, head work comes into plays.
    And did I mentioned that a santro has traction advantage. Modded cultus when launched has more wheelspin compared to santro even then cultus easily wins from a santro in aa 400m drag.

Now coming to

SALES

First of all you mentioned JOY. I would say that JOY is the worst car to land in Pakistan. If you or anyother member owns JOY that does not I repeat does not means it is a better car.

The manufacturers of JOY are not going to make decisions based on opinions of a couple of people but the whole population and whole population of Pakistan have rejected JOY.

If you say that JOY is a better car than a cultus than are you trying to say that lacs of people who bought cultus are foolish and mad and have no sense? Dude if you love JOY that is your choice and preference and if I and lacs of other people love cultus then its their choice. In the end you cant take it away that cultus is a hit and success. If it does not has EFI or ABS or AIRBAGS then dude *hint* Our population does not wants these features!. It is as simple as that. Even if now you dont understand let me give you an example.

I drive a cultus and I love it.
    My uncle drives a LX470 and he HATES corollas and civics.
    If he is given a choice to buy a cultus or vitz for his son/etc he would buy vitz obviously because he needs those extra luxury and safety options and can afford the poor resale and expensive parts. Now this does not means that cultus is a bad car.

Remember, your opinion does NOT MATTERS in front of lacs of people.

I guess enough is said.

And oh btw mehran is a success because there is simple no competition for it. And yeh do keep in mind that people love mehrans. If someone is poor and cant afford better cars he never hates his car. Infact that makes him love his car even more.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And the 20 YEAR OLD CARBED CULTUS ENGINE VS NEW EFI SANTRO ENGINE is utter bs.

Cultus has a carb. That makes is better because

1)cheaper to maintain. No EFI related problem like sensor going wild etc

2)better in performance. Bore it, replace it etc etc

3)cheaper mods

4)every mechanic knows it

5)Better economy wise by changing carb

Dude your santro has no presence worldwide! Go to redlinegti.com, go to teamswift.com amd countless other forums only dedicated to swifts and cultuses. And dude yes there are still g10 cultuses around and people are still swapping this engine in there cars and love it. Autralians and Americans love this engine.
    Do you know that this engine gives more than 50 mpg abraod.(I dont have any idea why our mahan Pak suzuki launches the same eng specs here)

Yeh do give me links to forums and cmmunities of thousands of people discussing 1.0 santro if u can find one.(I havnt found one yet and neither my friends who own a santro)

s55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@u4usman4u
    for your information in "just go for a ride!!!" "for", "a" and "!!!" are not included in words.
    just, go and ride are words.
    thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List