2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default ZerO METER CULTUS PICK UP PROBLEM

Just received my Cultus today. It comes with a factory fitted CNG. Drove from the showroom to my house on petrol but wasn't too impressed with the pickup. The car's engine seemed to stall when shifting to second gear. I could feel losing power and had to step on the accelerator to give it more power. What could the problem be? Your help would be highly appreciated. I would also like to apologise if this subject has been discussed before. Would dearly appreciate if someone could provide me with the link to this discussed topic (if any).

Many thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That is so generous of you kkool. I will definitely pay for the services. I will make an appointment with you before coming to your shop. I have three days of intense work so will drop by your place when I'm free. Thanks once again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aviatorx
    why the condition of availibility of spare parts.
    whats the probability that you need a spare part?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@heubleu

The answer is simple bro. The availability of spares is a necessity in the event of an accident or part malfunction/defect.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just imagine 6 lac and u get this junk. All these companies have their monopoly in Pakistan and no one is asking. Even I have heard about some serious problems in brand new corollas and all this is because of no quality control in Pakistan. All their efforts are focused on profit, profit and only profit. Well the problems you are facing are common in cultus i.e engine sound and bonnet allignment. A danter told me about his friends they bought new cultus and after 2 days they came to him for bonnet allignment + front bumper problem as well as some problems in doors. Last year I also was planning to buy cultus on lease but then I thought not to put a chain in my neck for 5 years so I bought a 96 MARGALLA in half the price of cultus in excellent condition and thanks to Allah it has given me no problem in 4 months except minor repairs. Well about your pick problem other friends have already told you that your car is in initial running and after 1000km it will be fine as most cars do but if doesnt then contact a good mechanic. In the last we come to dash board ( danter will help ) so brother if we have to hear dashboard noise in 6lac brand new car I think better not to waste our money and enjoy noise in public transport just in 5-10 rs. So if you are not satisfied , try to get rid of it and buy a nice car. I think it's more than enough. My apologies to all if I said something wrong or harsh.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what having problems?? oicking chicks??? no problem, I will help you ...
    I'm a freak who lost his mind in the busy world of today and takes his frustration by being funny with others

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar there is no need for spare parts on regular basis

so one shud never buy a car keeping in view the price of spare parts,,,,,,,,,,,by the way cultus has very expensive spare parts

this is my personal experince,,,,,as i have a cultus 03 and a city 03,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and there was never a need to change any body part or engine part except the filters and the brake pads(after 50k) ,,,,,,,,
    ammar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@electromans

I appreciate your straight forwardness bro. I've literally dug myself into the grave by buying this crap. One friend of mine has offered me the Chery QQ in exchange for the Cultus but so far I've declined. I've accumulated 987 kms and will be taking it for tuning tomorrow. Will let all of you what happened.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Went to have the car tuned by the Suzuki goons (Central Motors, Rawalpindi), there was no improvement in the pick and the vehicle has started consuming more fuel than before. Went there again and the problem persisted. I've finally had it! New cars should be trouble free but that's not the case with Pakistani cars. I'm gonna bid good riddance by selling this ****.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Isit only the pickup problem?
    -how much time it takes to reach 0-100kms(check on runway or motorway)
    -do you get instant responce on pressing accelator?
    -do you get the instant wheelspin on first gear and accelator (check little bit dont waste tyres)
    -are you satisfied with rest of the car like handling and braking.
    -do you frequently use full throttle to get output from car?

these question will help identify the problem.
    btw i have the same problem in santro i make dewan farooq and his mechanic to sit in car and i take them out on a tour of lahore. on return they spend couple of hours with my santro engine. and wasted my whole day on my return on evening there isnt a millimeter difference in performance. from that day i am driving patiencely now done about 16000 kms.
    here i have identified my problems on 2nd or 3rd last post of this page.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply.asp?TopicID=43857&ForumID=1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hueblue

Let me answer the your query point by point.

1- I'm a cautious driver and never drive above 60 KPH. However I will try to take the car on the motorway and see how much time it takes to reach the 100 mark.

2- I don't get instant response when pressing the accelerator pedal. On shifting to 2nd gear, the car starts to wobble and the engine starts to stall. It normally takes me high RPM (3) to shift into 3rd gear.

3- Car handling ( steering) is ok. But the breaks don't respond instantly.

4- No, I don't use full throttle to get output from car? Should I?

One more question I need to ask. I use this car on petrol. There was little gas ( one notch ) left in the cylinder so I thought I used it up and emptied it. I didn't realise that the cylinder valve was closed. I converted it to CNG, realised that the valve was closed, converted it back to petrol. When i opened the valve, I heard a very scary sound of gas entering or exiting the cylinder. Is this dangerous? I was a bit nervous but eventually comverted it to CNG and ran the vehicle for 4-5 kms without any problem - apart from the pathetic pickup getting even worse.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

are u trying to shift into 3rd gear when the rpm is at 2k?
    please keep in mind that it is a 1000cc car and requires shifting at atleast 3k rpm unlike bigger cars where u can shift into 3rd even at 2k.
    moreover i guess ur carb needs adjustment....fuel mixture adjust karwaya hai?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aviatorx
    which car u were using before buying this cultus? if it was civic, corrolla, margalla etc on petrol you will not get satisfied by the cultus.

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"Reply By : yasir_khan on 4/26/2007 34:20 AM
    @aviatorx
    which car u were using before buying this cultus? if it was civic, corrolla, margalla etc on petrol you will not get satisfied by the cultus."

At last a logical post. I was about post something similar, when I came across yours @yasir_khan bro.

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My my such -ve sentiments about Cultus. Makes me doubt for a moment, after reading all this, whether I am also driving a Cultus-VXL(petrol only model).

Issues That I Faced & Rectified While Taking Delivery:
    1) A/C blower was hitting me on the foot. Actually I had read about this commonly reported problem on PW ... so I was quite prepared for it.

Issues That Came Up Later & Were Rectified On The 1st Inspection:
    1) Had the headlights down-aligned a bit.
    2) The back rest of my driving seat had begun making a squeacking sound.

No more Issues till date.

Pick Issues:
    1) Underpowered for the 1st 1000kms.
    2) Improves noticeably on the 1st inspection & tunning.
    3) It will improve even more on the 2nd Inspection, Tunning and Oil-Change at 5000Kms.

I have not experienced all these issues that people are mentioning. In fact I am quite satisfied with my car. After having done approx 6K km, I would term its pick as quite good.

Tips For Running In:
    The more you run-in your car over highways the better results you will get. The more un-interrupted the run from

1) braking
    2) gear changes
    3) reving-up to gain lost speed

The better. That sort of run is not possible within city limits.

I sincerely hope aviatorx bro that your problems are resolved quickly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in messed up driving situation of pakistan, breaking-in an engine on regular driving is gonna kill it. Better take the car on high, divide your trip in three segment.

First trip, keep low speed and spend equal amount of mileage in each gear with suitable speed and do not shift into 5th. This will provide breaking-in for your gear box

Second trip, maintain good driving speed and use 5th gear as much as possible.

Third trip, drive normally as you would shifting and accelerating as need.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aliyusuf

I have the same problem regarding the AC air blowing on my feet. The pick problem still hasn't been solved even after the first check up. Personally speaking, the Cutlus would have been a very good car if Suzuki offered it with a 1300 cc engine and improved its quality ( which is simply out of the question ). I think the plus point of this car is space. It has ample leg space at the back- equal to any saloon car in my opinion- and that is the selling point of this vehicle. Other than that it is a crappy piece of contraption made out of used dalda tin boxes. I would still retain the vehicle if it's pick and fuel consumption problem is solved. I have driven the Hyundai Excel ( still have that car) before the cultus. I also have the Nissan Sunny which in my opinion is better than any locally assembled saloon car. Anyways thanks for all the suggestions and tips guys. Have a flight this evening. Will report after the completion of my sortie.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

man i dont know whats the problem but 1 think is for sure pplz who purchased in year 2000/2001 they are very much satisfied with cultus but pplz who purchase after 2006 they are victims and why not the utility of the car is when it arrives new in market.

now if you purchase this car model 2007.
    its still year 2000 car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam ..BRB ..i have 2006 cultus ,.,when i got it new same problem occur even i disscued u every one .who have cultus ....same problem ..after using car one month ...car problem solved ...pick problem will automattically remove ,,,so dnt woory ...
    2ndly cultus is a goodd CAR FOR FAMILY USE ..OR good for cng ...I HAVE 3 CARS honda 96 ,vitzz 99 2door and cultus 2006 .,..cultus is very good for cng ..same vitzz ...cultus ac BLOWER IS nt SO PERFECT .....so check the ac pipes also ..IF U FIND ANY PROBLEM ..
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aviatorx

you still havnt answered my questions. If you will do all of us would be able to help you much better. I am amazed at your problem because cultus is supposed to have the best pickup in 1000cc class. I work in a company which has give around 40 cultus(and I had a chance to drive around 20 for at least 1 month each) cars to its field staff therefore I know a little bit about this car and might be able to help you. PLease give detailed response listing down how do you drive? when you change gears? at what speeds do you downshift? accelerator position during driving etc?
    and as other members have asked, which cars you were driving before etc

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have read this thread today for the first time and i have read it completely. well my uncle also owns a cultus (i think its 2005) petrol only. as fas as its economy is concerned, i think its a very economical car: it gives about 20 km/liter on motorway or highway without AC. about acceleration: i am a bit disappointed becoz it accelerates well in first 3 gears but its acceleration is very poor in 4th and fifth gears. engine noise is not good also.
    i have Datsun 120Y 1974 model. it is 1200 cc with original engine. i made a comparison between the two cars regarding acceleration and i found that my 1974 datsun is superior than 2005 cultus becoz it can reach upto 100 km/hr on a piece of road (with very little gear oil because of leakage) where cultus hardly gets to 80 km/hr.
    one big factor is cc of two cars but if the technology cannot improve this in more than 30 years then whats the use of it.

one more problem i noticed while driving on motorway. i drove at about 110 km/hrs mostly. once i unintentionally pushed accelerator without looking on the speedometer and the car started to loose the track (not going straight). i noticed the speed and it was about 120 km/hrs. i dropped my speed to 110 and again tried the same thing and got the same result. was it a problem with that particular car or its a general problem?
    i will appreciate ur suggestions.
    thanx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

User Tag List