Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cultus VXRi CNG switch light blinking problem!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cultus VXRi CNG switch light blinking problem!

All Cultus EFI owners!!!
    I am facing cng switch light blinking problem regularly. Even suzuki people from karachi came to check the problem but they are also unable to fix it and said its normal when mixture did'nt make properly then it begins blinking and just open up the battery terminal and clamp it again to rewash the ECU memory and it stops blinking for the time being.
    I got my car in november 2007 and now this problem occurs very often even after 1, 2 days it begins blinking. car has run aprox 17000 km and i am afraid if there is a big problem with the kit after warranty expires.
    All i want to know from you sirs, whether ever you face the same problem with ur cultus?
    Is there any rememdy for this on permanant basis?
    what are its harms???

Thanks
    The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.
    (Che Guevara)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes bro the light is still blinking but its not a problem we asay hi karti hai!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lekin yar is ka koi na koi hal tu hona chahiye, akhir ye problem aati kiyun hai? or kia her efi cultus mein ati hai yar kisi kisi mein?
    The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.
    (Che Guevara)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, i am facing the same problem. after almost 10 days and sometimes earlier.
    Suzuki people usually solve it by two methods.

1- Reset the ECU by resetting battery terminal
    2-By attaching a laptop and resetting LC01 computer.

First one is jugaar and second one is a little professional but both methods do the same.
    Till now there is no permanent solution for that. I frequently write suzuki people but dont have a solid solution for that.
    Whwnever i take my car to them they reset it again. But no permanent solution yet available.

Any further suggestion from EFI cultus users will be helpful.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kaisar that problem is since we both bought our efi's. But I dont consider it a problem anymore because it has not caused a SINGLE issue to me/car yet. I got the car in nov 07 too. Remove the batt terminals, clean em and light will stop bliking. After 2/3 days it will start again. So no big isue brother. Live with it
    I've got a heart full of pain, head full of stress, hand full of anger held in my chest... up hill struggle, blood, sweat 'n' tears... but no body's listning!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam now tht u all r vxri owners i wanted to know abt the cng average of vxri. i heard frm a person owning vxli he said it did 225 wid ac on motorway on one tank of 55cng. iz it correct.?? and duz vxli *** wid ff cng??
    dey can trigger mE but dey'll neva figurE me out!!hah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ within city Rs. 300 CNG goes for 140Km with AC..

btw.. what exactly is that blinking light issue?.. has anyone checked with PakSuzuki folks?.. it usually starts blinking after about 1 month or so..
    I have always drawn a great deal of moral comfort from Humpty Dumpty.. as all the King's horses and all the King's men couldnt put Humpty Dumpty back together again.. you know why?.. because there is no Humpty Dumpty! _______________________________________________________________________________________________ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt8Y93k0pB0 _______________________________________________________________________________________________ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_O0hD5nQVg

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes. that is a correct information. mine does 210 to 220 on motorway with 50% ac. yes it also comes in with FF cng...
    I've got a heart full of pain, head full of stress, hand full of anger held in my chest... up hill struggle, blood, sweat 'n' tears... but no body's listning!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it usually blinks when light calibration with the meter in the hood is out. try interchanging the two wires of solenoid on the kit. It worked for my spectra
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks all for the reply.
    i agains complained suzuki and they ask me to submit two photo copies of warranty cards to send to suzuki karachi. let c what happened as they did it same some days back and guys from karachi visit here and inspect and said it will not happend as frequest as now but no gain.
    well cnv average i am getting on daily basis is aprox 170~180 km without ac in Rs. 270. mine is vxri.
    what about others.........?
    (Che Guevara)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Average should be measured in Rs/Km. reason being that sometimes cylinder fills in 300 and sometimes even i filled it for 360 Rs from an outcity CNG station.

During my recent visit to islamabad i got an average of 1.90 Rs/Km with 70% AC on.
    May be my calculation method is different from yours but i think its more understanble--isnt it?
    CNG light blinking problem as mentioned in CNG owner manual of suzuki is due to LC01 Malfunction. What is all the story behined this i really dont know. Hassam do you know the true techinical issue behind that?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Your measuring method is fine too. Bascially CNG consumption depends on many things like a cold cng, pressure on which the cng is filled etc. I fill cng from TOTAL. Tank fills in between Rs 325 to Rs 335. Dont know the technical reason. Whenever i visited suzuki for tunning etc, they always open the terminals, cleans em, i get a message from tracker company that there is an attempt of battery tempering and then he puts em back and it doesnt blink anymore. After few days, it starts blinking again. (Ive assumed its because terminals gets dirty with that white chemical).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I tell you a reason for that which may be true or not.
    In this new cultus vxri they have replaced the conventional T for gas flow control with a LC01 computer and a servo controlled valve.
    This servo controlled valve controls the optimum flow of gas to the engine (Replacing the conventional T-knob).

Now what happens is that LC01 issues signals to this servo control valve based on the collected data from oxygen sensor density flow and may be RPM and other input data. This is how this LCO1 control and motor works.

Whenever a bad signal is generated from LC01 or bad data is input to the LC01 computer, it registers a complaint of malfunction in computer memory. As long as this remains in memory the CNG light keeps on blinking.
    And when we reset it using batery terminal or laptop computer error log is cleaned and light stops blinking---thats all what the problem is.

What your opinion about this story

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This conspiracy theory seems realistic to me. Is all this mentioned in the CNG manual book? I mean the LC01 computer and the servo valve? I will check that again. I wonder why Suzuki people never gave me any answer on this. I always thought since this is a new technology so they might not know the reason. This is something you and I can live with. However the biggest issue we faced was, engine shutting down on low rpm or whenever you stop accelerating. Have you faced that yet? I hope you dont face that otherwise you would be wanting to sue the company

If you ever face that, get your engine timings fixed with computer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i faced that problem initially. But they resolved the problem of low rpm and engine shutdown.
    But LC01 malfunction they are unable to resolve completely.
    No detail about this story present in manual. Its generated by discussions with a cultus user and info available on landi ranzo site about LC01.

As far as suzuki is concerned they really dont know the actual reason. They just know the solution and jugaars as i feel. They dont research on issue but they just follow troubleshooting manuals based on yes and no answers.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List