Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Battery Charging Problem with Cuore Auto

Hello Guys,

I have CUORE ECOMATIC and i am facing battery charning issues since first day of my purchase. Problem is:

Without load battery gets charged and rarely found any problem but as I increase load on car it starts creating problems. Like if i switch on AC the generator output drops and battery not charge properly and situation is worst when car is on full load [AC + HEADLIGHTS + TAPE (normal)]. On full load car move to battery as generator is unable to provide the required voltage to charge battery and eventually battery drains.

I have replaced IC REGULATOR & GENERATOR under warrently from toyota but problem still not solved. As per there solution and manual, they have provided me what they can. Rest problem is mine as i am there customer.

Can someone please guide me what could be the actual problem and where i can find some reliable person to get this fixed as TOYOTA CUSTOMER CARE & WARRANTY simply SUCKS!

I am in Lahore! Thanks in advance for your help and time.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buy yourself a digital voltmeter.

check your battery voltage after parking overnight. First switch on the headlamps for 5 or 10 seconds, and wait for about a minute then check your battery voltage.
    if its 12.6 or 12.7 (battery is 100% charged)
    if its about 11.9 or lower - your battery is completely dead.

second, if the above tests pass - start the engine and wait for the fast idle to disengage. - on a fully warm and operative engine, with no cooling fan or anything running - check battery voltage - it should be about 14.00 to 14.40 volts.. when the cooling fan kicks on the voltage should drop but pick up again to about 13.9 or 14.0 with the fan still running. This behaviour should also be seen with the headlamps activity.

If not - then check for voltage at the alternator output terminal - of different - the main wire is damaged or corroded. - if same - proceed to full field the regulator - theres a little hole on the alternator back plate that should point to the carbon brush holder screw, take a little screw driver and touch the screw and the case, the voltage should rise to about 15 or more - (your alternator is OK)

Connect a jumper cable to the negative of your battery and then to the engine lifting hook - if you see a voltage increase, your ground connections are bad. Redo the ground and your problems will be solved.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ It is the best solution for this problem....
    Always remember, the best things in life are not things.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also see grounding problem - check grounds.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List