1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Dihatsu Mira AVY 06 queries.

My car shows 28k mileage which i know Japanese cars meters are always tempered here but even 70-80k km should not be an issue in Japan as its 4-grade and says +15% and below that it says 50%.

I have to change these:

1.Air filter (I bought Leppon for Rs550, any good or should i change it with some other? Has to be under Rs1k.

It doesnt have a cabin filter or any space for it, i took the glove box out and saw, does it harm the cooling coil or any other AC part?

2.Oil (Is ZIC A+ better or ZIC OW considering temperatures upto 45degrees C here and then AC? Dont want to spend over 2k)

3.Oil filter (VIC any good? Costs Rs360. If any other, has to be under Rs500, i change it on every oil change at 6k kms)

4.Spark plugs (Do normal NGK around Rs130 each ones do the job, i can stretch upto Bosch ones tht come in a packet of 4 and cost around Rs1300 i guess they are made in Germany, or any other in that range under Rs1500 for all 4?

5.Radiator coolant (Caltex or ZIC? Toyota 4L can is very expensive!)

6.Gear Oil (Shall i change it? ZIC? or any other?)

Im not sure if i should be changing 4,5 and 6. How to check if there is need?

*And i saw STP injector cleaner and STP octane booster at a store. Do they really work?
    I was thinking of using one or both of them on the next full petrol refill. Though not sure if the Injector cleaner is put in the fuel tank LOL.

Thanks in advance if some of u take out time and guide me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

in routine maintenance
    change engine oil use Shell Helix HX 5 G in summer change oil filter every alternate oil change, ONLY Top up Tranmission oil if manual, if auto-transmission change transmission filter when changing transmission oil, top up coolant with distilled water, change spark plugs only if necessary, change air filter.

If there is no problem at all, Please don't do experiments
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For any used car change all oils fluids coolant and filters etc.
    Engine oil ZIC OW (0W-30) is the best choice. For gear oil if automatic use ZIC ATF XP III or manual transmission use SAE 75W-85.
    Coolant use 50% solution of water (distilled water) not in premixed coolant.
    Also check fuel filter.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 6Forward View Post
    For any used car change all oils fluids coolant and filters etc.
    Engine oil ZIC OW (0W-30) is the best choice. For gear oil if automatic use ZIC ATF XP III or manual transmission use SAE 75W-85.
    Coolant use 50% solution of water (distilled water) not in premixed coolant.
    Also check fuel filter.
    I really like and appreciate ur profesional statement.
    +1

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All,
    As the use of toyota XLI was getting out of my pocket, i decided to find cuore CNG so to have economical travelling. Obviously i visited pak wheels for guidance and then decided to go for MIRA, as ppl here have constantly said that they get 15-17 km/ltr. I have bought MIRA 2007 a month back, showing 17k mileage (God know's better now). Over all the car is bumper to bumper genuine and engine condition is excellent, drive is v.smooth too. But the basic for buying it was for good petrol consumption. It is giving me 9 km/ltr with AC. I have changed it's oil (shell havoline), oil filter, cleaned the air filter (as it was already in good state), plugs are in v.good state, engine throttle also ( i took the advice of pakwheels expert in forums). Still the mileage is 9-10 km/ltr on AC in lahore city. I usually drive below 80 kms/hr and use empty roads.

Please i need urgent help on it, any good mechanic or any advice, i am really tense about the petrol consumption.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fast_mani View Post
    All,
    As the use of toyota XLI was getting out of my pocket, i decided to find cuore CNG so to have economical travelling. Obviously i visited pak wheels for guidance and then decided to go for MIRA, as ppl here have constantly said that they get 15-17 km/ltr. I have bought MIRA 2007 a month back, showing 17k mileage (God know's better now). Over all the car is bumper to bumper genuine and engine condition is excellent, drive is v.smooth too. But the basic for buying it was for good petrol consumption. It is giving me 9 km/ltr with AC. I have changed it's oil (shell havoline), oil filter, cleaned the air filter (as it was already in good state), plugs are in v.good state, engine throttle also ( i took the advice of pakwheels expert in forums). Still the mileage is 9-10 km/ltr on AC in lahore city. I usually drive below 80 kms/hr and use empty roads.

Please i need urgent help on it, any good mechanic or any advice, i am really tense about the petrol consumption.
    Shell Havoline? some new oil made from blending shell and caltex havoline? However, on a serious note what u read from PakWheels about Mira's feul efficiency, some senior PakWheelers are of the view that this hype was created by the dealer who got plenty of Miras on their disposal. This view seems to be very reasonable to me when on a nearby service station in E-11, I see Miras after every other day with 'for sale' boards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If that is the case then Pakwheel isn't any more the reliable source? I have invested 8+ lac just to have a good fuel efficient car, and in end i got it equal or less than my corolla.
    I still await if some one has expert opinion on it, or any good mechanic who can boost the consumption per litre to atleast 14-15 ltr/km

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

9Km/L for mira is low you should atleast get 12 km/Ls. take it to any mechanic and get it checked - - also tell us one thing that are you getting same mileage before changing the lubes. ? ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^Pakwheels is a very professional and reliable source. but member's comment are based on either their personal experience or knowledge, so sitting online we cant judge the condition or your car, your driving styles etc etc. so its better to take advice from pakwheels and then goto reliable mechanic with little knowledge about the problem. You should never blinding trust an online community.

My personal experience with pakwheels is always informative and helpful.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@irfansiddiqueI agree with you, i tested the vehicle with full load, checked it from two mechanics and both says that the car is total genuine and engine is in very good condition. coming to the advice that i took from pakwheels was about the fuel consumption average, though i agree i should have opened my eyes. I am driving from last 14 years so i know very well about the driving style for good fuel consumption. I don't press the peddle very hard, drive smoothly and usually avoid traffic heavy road. With A.c it is still giving 9km/l before and after oil change. What i was seeking was good mechanic for japanese cars, which i am still awaiting from pakwheels professionals.Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List