0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cuore Fan Club

HI to all coure owners here u can post qualities of ur car compare to other its compititers like ,mehran, alto etc,,,

(heading edited by admin/mods - spelling mistake)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khurrampu02 View Post
    Installed 660 cc engine in cuore 2002.
    no diff in engine dimensions its 100% same as earlier 847cc engine.
    little bit difference in pick n top speed.no other difference.top speed wd petrol 120-130.wd cng 110-120 approx.
    purchased from bilal gung.in 20k.purchased half assembly . Lower portion n head.installed mine own carburator etc .engine is in brilliant condition.
    water droping engine from exhaust during mornings.no blue or black smoke seen..
    aftr driving around 5k kilometers.i noticed.it reduces around half liter oil after every 2500km..
    is it normal?
    Using zic a+
    Change of oil grade is needed or its ok?
    Daily drive is 90km and its 100% long route.using ac too.
    Congratulations & best of luck with your new system. What made you change engine, what was problem with old engine? Why you choosed to install 660cc engine? How is mileage now?How car runs with AC? Did you check market for different engines or found a good one & decided to get it?If you asked then tell prices of other available engine too for cuore.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx.oil came in plugs of earlier engine.ring works.then overhauled..then head changed.failed 3 tymz.wasted around 1 lac.so finally changed lower half assembly..bought 660cc cz of availability of geniune and cleaner engine in that category.all 847cc engine available was repaired ones..660cc comes from japan and acording to shopkepr and they r avlbl in large quantity and in geniune condition as well.mileage is litl btr then old one.old did 15km in long wd ac. And this one did 18km in long wd ac.while cng mil3age is amazing giving me 90kms daily travelling wd ac in 270 rs gas.. ac works fine. 660cc Japanese car comprsr is installed last yr.that compresor nev gets trip.giving me good cooling all along 90kms.u cn say almost no diff in 847cc n 660 cc jst top speed diff.. mileage it gives me on cng is just equal to prius lolz.wht betr u cn expect from cuore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lower speed is a known issue with 660cc head on cuore block. Anyway this does not matter as not everyone likes to drive at 160. Cuore has good road grip and brakes but still 100+ speed is too high for it. With a 10+ years old car, I think its better to replace all engine.
    water dropping has nothing to do with engine condition. no smoke is good.
    5w-20 is too thin for an old car; so oil burning. best oil is 10w-30 for normal and 20w-50 for old car. if you want to use thin oil like A+ permanently, better use anti friction additives.

Installed 660 cc engine in cuore 2002.
    no diff in engine dimensions its 100% same as earlier 847cc engine.
    little bit difference in pick n top speed.no other difference.top speed wd petrol 120-130.wd cng 110-120 approx.
    purchased from bilal gung.in 20k.purchased half assembly . Lower portion n head.installed mine own carburator etc .engine is in brilliant condition.
    water droping engine from exhaust during mornings.no blue or black smoke seen..
    aftr driving around 5k kilometers.i noticed.it reduces around half liter oil after every 2500km..
    is it normal?
    Using zic a+
    Change of oil grade is needed or its ok?
    Daily drive is 90km and its 100% long route.using ac too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Meh1 i want to stick wd zic a+ cz of some amazing finding i will like to share wd u. Well it seems funny saying top speed n pick of car depends so much on oil grade.upon engine change.mechanic asked me to change oil at 500km first.so i did that.used havoline 20w50 nd at that time top speed was around 100 km on petrol and pick was not so good too.so aftr 500km i used zic a+ 5w20 . And amazingly i seen 20km top speed difference.its 120-130 now on petrol. this is huge difference..i was regreting of installation of 660cc one. So now i finally decided to stick wd zic a+ . Will add half litre at ev 2500 km and chnge oil at 5000km.... i can live wd half litre oil reduction... not wd top speed of 90 on cng using 20w50 oil....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Meh1 i want to stick wd zic a+ cz of some amazing finding i will like to share wd u. Well it seems funny saying top speed n pick of car depends so much on oil grade.upon engine change.mechanic asked me to change oil at 500km first.so i did that.used havoline 20w50 nd at that time top speed was around 100 km on petrol and pick was not so good too.so aftr 500km i used zic a+ 5w20 . And amazingly i seen 20km top speed difference.its 120-130 now on petrol. this is huge difference..i was regreting of installation of 660cc one. So now i finally decided to stick wd zic a+ . Will add half litre at ev 2500 km and chnge oil at 5000km.... i can live wd half litre oil reduction... not wd top speed of 90 on cng using 20w50 oil....
    It is interesting to know that speed of car varies with different engine oils.I also feel that car is heavy with caltex SG 20w50 I use. Recommended Cuore oil is 10w30 but I am thinking to change to LM 10w40 next time.
    By the way what are effects if using thinner or thicker oil contrary to recommended by company

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wasf. Zica+ 5w20 is tooo thinr oil. I thnk thts y it incrsd top speed n pick of my 660cc engn.i hv seen huge diff in performance.. petrol n gas mileage got much btr too n thts bcz of inc in pick of my car.mileage also incrsd. I will sugst u to go wd zic a+ as company claims its 100% synthetic oil. Even if oil reduces at 2000 km .jst add half ltr or quater oil.. and chnge ths oil at 4 to 5k km.. u will be amazed to see the pick.performance and mileage of ur car...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In the link of another thread that guy claimed oil reduction problem solved in his cuore after using 5w40 fully synthetic oil.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=243105
    Well these are experiences shared by users but still car manual, experts do not recommend these oils.like meh1 says 10w30 for new engine & 20w50 for old.Keeping aside performance gain with thinner oils I want to know drawbacks of using thinner oils in old engines & what damages can we expect with long term usage of thinner oils?
    Do the performance gain with thinner oils equals the money that will be spent later on car for repairs or not much effect or very superior effect?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am not an expert in cars, just try to understand things. Anyway in 10w-30 30 means viscosity/thickness of oil at engine operating temperature. For every moving part specific viscosity lubricant is required. for example grease is required at high pressure joints. using oil will be useless there. similarly grease can't be used in place of brake oil/power steering fluid.

As a general rule thick oil=higher engine drag so low performance & economy, low friction so longer engine life

thin oil= low resistance in moving parts, flows fast so better performance,economy and speed. but due to thinner film when parts slide they can get scratched.

In cuore's engine there are lot of sliding parts particularly value rockers that operate at very high pressure. In newer engines there are no such parts. so thinner oils in cuore, even if they give good performance are bad for longer life. Another problem with newer oils is lower anti friction agents as modern engines dont need them. they dont have parts sliding at high pressure as such parts are replaces by bearings. SM and SN have reduced anti friction agents.

A lot of people use newer oils in old engines claiming that they have new anti friction agents. might be true. other thing can be to use anti friction additives with these thin oils.

Cuore asks for 10W-30 with older grade. old grade means more additives. in new grade oils like SM and SN anti friction agents have been reduced and no problems as newer engines dont need these. but problem is for old engines.
    now 20w-50 r thick for cuore but they have enough anti friction agents and detergents.

Quote Originally Posted by wasf View Post
    In the link of another thread that guy claimed oil reduction problem solved in his cuore after using 5w40 fully synthetic oil.
    Oil Reduction Problem Solved - 243105
    Well these are experiences shared by users but still car manual, experts do not recommend these oils.like meh1 says 10w30 for new engine & 20w50 for old.Keeping aside performance gain with thinner oils I want to know drawbacks of using thinner oils in old engines & what damages can we expect with long term usage of thinner oils?
    Do the performance gain with thinner oils equals the money that will be spent later on car for repairs or not much effect or very superior effect?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx.oil came in plugs of earlier engine.ring works.then overhauled..then head changed.failed 3 tymz.wasted around 1 lac.so finally changed lower half assembly..bought 660cc cz of availability of geniune and cleaner engine in that category.all 847cc engine available was repaired ones..660cc comes from japan and acording to shopkepr and they r avlbl in large quantity and in geniune condition as well.mileage is litl btr then old one.old did 15km in long wd ac. And this one did 18km in long wd ac.while cng mil3age is amazing giving me 90kms daily travelling wd ac in 270 rs gas.. ac works fine. 660cc Japanese car comprsr is installed last yr.that compresor nev gets trip.giving me good cooling all along 90kms.u cn say almost no diff in 847cc n 660 cc jst top speed diff.. mileage it gives me on cng is just equal to prius lolz.wht betr u cn expect from cuore

im afraid, not a wise choice , a 660 on cuore block, hmm, i changed whole engine and trans for 35k, , why wouldnt you go for a full swap after spending a lac ??

best of luck from my side bro
    Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I?m going to take tomorrow ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by owais8668 View Post
    im afraid, not a wise choice , a 660 on cuore block, hmm, i changed whole engine and trans for 35k, , why wouldnt you go for a full swap after spending a lac ??

best of luck from my side bro
    This is what I also suggest. Full swap with minimum modifications as much as possible is the recommended way to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oil Reduction Problem Solved - 243105
    wasf, a balanced trade off is 10w40 / 5w40 oil with SL or previous grade. A thinner oil such as 30 or 20 weight will give no immediate ill-effect to your engine but the damage can be thought of as very gradual. Say after 100,000km a car using thinner oil will show some metal surface deformation on cam shaft, rockers and valves. This is no scientific comment only an idea to what thinner oil will do to an engine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just had a 744 Km trip to Nathia Gali and back on Saturday and Sunday. Just want to add the Cuore behaved very well indeed amazing. With 3 passengers and small luggage it climbed the hills like a champ. So much so that it gave me a kick of excitement while turning on turns on high speeds. I rate this small kie car's suspensions steering and braking as A+ compared with its category. It rock solidly steers on turns. I had to over take just about every other vehicle on the climb as I was climbing fast. Even after some slowing down due to car ahead momentum dropped back to 1st gear on the steep road cuore was still able to accelerate 20kmph from almost a stop and that too on uphill slopes.
    All this done with LM 10w40 oil with 3000 km mileage already and friction modifier Meguin engine safe (MoS2 additive). Now my oil is about 3750km old. Plan to change at 5000km. I have a new LM 4L bottle ready with extra Meguin additive . Before leaving had my Air filter thoroughly cleaned. When i reached back had a full car wash and filter cleaned again. Its back to zero condition. Used tyre pressure 30psi in all 4s.
    Till muree, AC was ON throughout the climbs. After muree I needed more performance also the weather was so pleasant so windows down AC Off and full throttle till Nathia gali.

As for the mileage I got 18km/litre. Total refill cost was 2600 rs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@midreestaj
    Which oil filter and air filter u use?
    I always used oem air and oil filter from toyota walton.
    Only last time they told me that oem air filter is no more available, so i opted guard air filter Since it was the only option available.

Typed with thumbs
    Sent via cellphone
    Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanuetian View Post
    @midreestaj
    Which oil filter and air filter u use?
    I always used oem air and oil filter from toyota walton.
    Only last time they told me that oem air filter is no more available, so i opted guard. Since it was the only option available.

Typed with thumbs
    Sent via cellphone
    Brother I use LePPON air filter since the OEM one not available in market. I only look for filter element sturdiness which I found is good in LePPON and is both available in white and dark grey filter element. Dark grey one looks 99% OEM as it has the Daihatsu logo in center too I think. Price is Rs.450/-. For air filters the hard job is mine as its my headache to keep it clean so it will work good.

Oil filters I only use two and don't look outside than these two. Denso Oil filter (made in Thailand also Toyota/Daihatsu OEM) Or the Nippon Micro (made in Japan) Both are available in market for Rs.550/- a piece.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today again my car turned OFF twice when stopping near jumpers.when I took it in morning it went fine then I asked somebody to body wash it & when coming back it happened so,then I increased race 2-3 times & it became fine.As advised earlier to me to get carburator removed & cleaned thoroughly with carb cleaner I am still confused about what a mechanic suggested me earlier to open carburator for inspection,should I go for it?This problem of engine turning OFF while on road or jerking rarely is coming on & off(car may run fine for weeks but can behave like this anytime).when I went to.islamabad & came back it didn't happen even once during whole journey.My sense says it Is related to bad petrol deposits o kachra somewhere is fuel pathways or engine part causing this behaviour or can be electrical issue.why I think petrol problem first is it happens sometimes when fuel gauge is near last box or after refilling fuel.should I give a try to remove carb & clean it thoroughly before making mind to open carb or replace with kabuli mira? Next month I also have to change engine oil & oil filter with it.
    Main concern is that this turning off issue is present there for last 5-6 months since I bought this car & it may appear anytime even 2 weeks after tuning, carb cleaning, air filter cleaning etc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today again my car turned OFF twice when stopping near jumpers.when I took it in morning it went fine then I asked somebody to body wash it & when coming back it happened so,then I increased race 2-3 times & it became fine.As advised earlier to me to get carburator removed & cleaned thoroughly with carb cleaner I am still confused about what a mechanic suggested me earlier to open carburator for inspection,should I go for it?This problem of engine turning OFF while on road or jerking rarely is coming on & off(car may run fine for weeks but can behave like this anytime).when I went to.islamabad & came back it didn't happen even once during whole journey.My sense says it Is related to bad petrol deposits o kachra somewhere is fuel pathways or engine part causing this behaviour or can be electrical issue.why I think petrol problem first is it happens sometimes when fuel gauge is near last box or after refilling fuel.should I give a try to remove carb & clean it thoroughly before making mind to open carb or replace with kabuli mira? Next month I also have to change engine oil & oil filter with it.
    Main concern is that this turning off issue is present there for last 5-6 months since I bought this car & it may appear anytime even 2 weeks after tuning, carb cleaning, air filter cleaning etc
    do carb cleaner treatment its very easy and effective. I do it every 6 months.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what is cost of head gasket change of cuore? Does engine needs to be removed for it? I think you have done it @wasf

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by meh1 View Post
    what is cost of head gasket change of cuore? Does engine needs to be removed for it? I think you have done it @wasf
    Sir I didn't ask about head gasket tonight or may be some copy paste mistake but I don't see it in tonight's post.May be I posted it long time ago.My head gasket was changed in March when car was heating up.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there is a solenoid valve in the carburetor. thats an electric part. it controls the idle circuit. if the wiring to that is bad, it can be causing the problem
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir I didn't ask about head gasket tonight or may be some copy paste mistake but I don't see it in tonight's post.May be I posted it long time ago.My head gasket was changed in March when car was heating up.
    Yes it was long time ago. Please share cost if you remember.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List