0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Cuore Fan Club

HI to all coure owners here u can post qualities of ur car compare to other its compititers like ,mehran, alto etc,,,

(heading edited by admin/mods - spelling mistake)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by meh1 View Post
    Yes it was long time ago. Please share cost if you remember.
    Sir I checked my old receipts & found it was Rs 450 at a local mechanic shop, I then asked him to install genuine but he told no need,it works fine.also written there Cam seal Rs 80 what is it?Yes engine upper part was opened & brought out of engine bay.He charged 2000 for fitting of engine too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cuore  Fan Club - cd729bc44c0764c1ab31036fe0124045Cuore  Fan Club - 3396bbd934e4015d33ed6dede1161e9aCuore  Fan Club - 0d564c55f1869f2f5a8117446d150c32Cuore  Fan Club - 139669bd5fed3aef2adbc0f5ea4cccf1
    These are some pics when head gasket was changed

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@meh1 when mechanic observed old gasket he said it was still fine but he replaced with new one, made fan direct.Some days after changing of head gasket car was heating up again & smoke coming from right wheel side he then changed break caliper but I wasn't satisfied then he changed master cylinder which worked for a month or 2 & again it was replaced as previous was leaking break oil.i learnt from then that you should only work on those things which are faulty, problem started with noise from left wheel I went to toyota & instead of repairing left wheel bearings or what they replaced both wheel hubs & then the right started heating up,i think there was no need of replacing right one which Toyota did as replaced parts were kabuli & kabuli are used not guaranteed parts plus they charged me 10k only for both front wheel hubs.
    Today morning as it was raining & water on roads I drove slowly but again car turned OFF 5-6 times near jumpers,here dangerous thing is that Cuore front braked only work when engine is ON but somehow I am used to this turning OFF & I give some race to check if engine is ON or OFF.next month 1st task will be carb cleaning & electrical system checkup.Also Margallar told that in carb there is something solenoid valve which can cause idle problems if wiring is faulty.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasf View Post
    Sir I checked my old receipts & found it was Rs 450 at a local mechanic shop, I then asked him to install genuine but he told no need,it works fine.also written there Cam seal Rs 80 what is it?Yes engine upper part was opened & brought out of engine bay.He charged 2000 for fitting of engine too.
    so it was 2500. thanks. cam shaft seal stops oil from leaking from cylinder head to timing belt etc. when opened, its better to replace such cheap parts.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today car was turning OFF at almost every jumper, speed breakers so I decided to go to mechanic for checkup, they found point of distributor was finished ( sikka bilkul khatam ho gya tha), they told to change it,new point cost was 600 genuine Toyota but I told them to make it work for few days untill I get work done next month.They then adjusted distributor position too where they rotate its body up down & then tighten the screw which attaches it to engine,also they told point gap is increased.They also sprayed some carb cleaner on main orifice of carb & it started working fine now, no engine turning OFF on idle or near jumpers.
    Now please tell me should I change point to genuine in 600 or Like @midreestaj did to replace distributor with mira's.What was cost of Mira distributor & what are its benefits over cuore distributor? My ignition coil isn't genuine too it is round black box type, should it be changed also or not?
    My colleague has Cuore auto he told me he uses Kixx engine oil made in korea,did anybody here use it in his car & how is experience?
    @meh1 @midreestaj please comment on engine situation of different parts of opened engine in pics I uploaded earlier
    Cuore  Fan Club - 8fb72b511c5fd282c8d8788fe6d53852
    Pic of finished point of distributor-it was replaced 5 months ago with car giving same symptoms,it was changed at local workshop in 500.what is average life of point?workshop guy told me it has to be changed with every tuning at 6 months.why it finished so early?can there be other causes of early finishing of this sikka of point?
    Also it is surprising that without changing point to new car is runing fine now,no engine turning OFF.can it have any bad effects if not changed early

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today car was turning OFF at almost every jumper, speed breakers so I decided to go to mechanic for checkup, they found point of distributor was finished ( sikka bilkul khatam ho gya tha), they told to change it,new point cost was 600 genuine Toyota but I told them to make it work for few days untill I get work done next month.They then adjusted distributor position too where they rotate its body up down & then tighten the screw which attaches it to engine,also they told point gap is increased.They also sprayed some carb cleaner on main orifice of carb & it started working fine now, no engine turning OFF on idle or near jumpers.
    Now please tell me should I change point to genuine in 600 or Like @midreestaj did to replace distributor with mira's.What was cost of Mira distributor & what are its benefits over cuore distributor? My ignition coil isn't genuine too it is round black box type, should it be changed also or not?
    My colleague has Cuore auto he told me he uses Kixx engine oil made in korea,did anybody here use it in his car & how is experience?
    @meh1 @midreestaj please comment on engine situation of different parts of opened engine in pics I uploaded earlier
    Cuore  Fan Club - 8fb72b511c5fd282c8d8788fe6d53852
    Pic of finished point of distributor-it was replaced 5 months ago with car giving same symptoms,it was changed at local workshop in 500.what is average life of point?workshop guy told me it has to be changed with every tuning at 6 months.why it finished so early?can there be other causes of early finishing of this sikka of point?
    Also it is surprising that without changing point to new car is runing fine now,no engine turning OFF.can it have any bad effects if not changed early
    better change to mira electronic ignition. will cost 3-4k. I also have it and it needs no maintenance and working is better than point. but for time being you can get toyota one.
    If ignition coil has same specs, then no need to change it.
    I have dealership of GS oil here. they import wide range of products of KIXX and ZIC. I never used kixx oil but heard that it works great. I have gotten many products from them like grease, brake fluid etc and I am satisfied. recently got their engine oil anti friction and it was good too. Anyway I think you should better use Zic A+.
    in pics, i see that head is clean. Mechanic should have covered block to save it from dust. Examine vacuum lines carefully, and replace damaged ones. I think some are. replace one at a time and remember place from where you remove. also check fuel pipes with torch.
    if timing was advanced for CNG, ask mechanic to make it to normal for petrol.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a little bit coolant was disappearing after every trip in my cuore. I could not see leak on any pipe. removed radiator and checked but it was fine. I started thinking that it was head gasket problem. but there was no heat up, smoke or sign of coolant and oil mixing.
    today I started it and began observing. after engine heat up coolant was leaking from radiator drain plug coz of pressure. searched old forums and found a post by xulifqar. he suggested that rubber ring on drain plug needs changed every time its opened. So once again I saved myself spending lot of money thanks to pw .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

better change to mira electronic ignition. will cost 3-4k. I also have it and it needs no maintenance and working is better than point. but for time being you can get toyota one.
    If ignition coil has same specs, then no need to change it.
    I have dealership of GS oil here. they import wide range of products of KIXX and ZIC. I never used kixx oil but heard that it works great. I have gotten many products from them like grease, brake fluid etc and I am satisfied. recently got their engine oil anti friction and it was good too. Anyway I think you should better use Zic A+.
    in pics, i see that head is clean. Mechanic should have covered block to save it from dust. Examine vacuum lines carefully, and replace damaged ones. I think some are. replace one at a time and remember place from where you remove. also check fuel pipes with torch.
    if timing was advanced for CNG, ask mechanic to make it to normal for petrol.
    Thanx bro for detailed reply.‎
    What does Mira electronic ignition include? Only distributor or any other parts too?Do you feel any improvement in starting, pick, mileage with Mira distributor? OR main benefit is that of maintenance free?
    Zic A+ which viscosity grade do you recommend?*
    You advised to examine vacuum lines & replace damaged ones, please help me out how to do it?should I do it myself? It would be great if you can point them with arrow in pic so I will find them out.
    You told to check fuel pipes, are they located under car that long pipes I think going to fuel tank or not? Please show in pics if possible.Checking with torch will show any leakage or blockage or any bad deposits?what actualy I had to check in fuel pipes?‎

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam
    coure mein central auto windows ki cost ka pata hai kisi ko?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@meh1 I was reading Cuore manual & I found that settings of ignition timing of distributor are done in different ways for ED-10 & ED-20 engines but today mechanic adjusted in my car as done for ED-20 distributor.May be my car distributor isn't genuine of ED-10 engine?Can you comment looking at the pic of point I posted earlier.
    Also mechanic told me that car wiring isn't genuine,it is some other car's wiring installed, he told me its wiring can be bought easily from lahore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx bro for detailed reply.‎
    What does Mira electronic ignition include? Only distributor or any other parts too?Do you feel any improvement in starting, pick, mileage with Mira distributor? OR main benefit is that of maintenance free?
    Zic A+ which viscosity grade do you recommend?*
    You advised to examine vacuum lines & replace damaged ones, please help me out how to do it?should I do it myself? It would be great if you can point them with arrow in pic so I will find them out.
    You told to check fuel pipes, are they located under car that long pipes I think going to fuel tank or not? Please show in pics if possible.Checking with torch will show any leakage or blockage or any bad deposits?what actualy I had to check in fuel pipes?‎
    with distributor need to change plug cables to japanese. anyway japanese wires work great. yes performance also increases. Zic A+ is 5w-20 API-SN. yes you can do it yourself. look at cables closely and replace worn vacuum lines. they are cheap to replace. i am about visual condition. its better to replace when cables have cracks. Fuel lines under the car r of metal. you dont need to check them.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It seems car turning off could be merely carbon build up in the distributor? Added new point? Ok! did the issue resolve?
    If not then check carburetor clean up thorough one. This is Step 1 before you think of anything else seriously.

2nd step is to look Idle Air/or Speed control (IAC/or ISC) system is correctly working. This system maintains the idle speed in cars at all times when you lift your foot off the accelerator peddle. It also controls the Idle speed and raises it a notch when AC is turned on. In cars, it is doing either both or only the AC function. I think in Cuore it does work only to raise the idle when AC is switched on.
    If the issue of car turning off is with AC switched On then another sign that the IAC system is not raising the idle speed necessary to cancel out the load of AC compressor on the engine so it dies.
    Here comes two things; either only the adjustment is required for Race settings with AC on (common market term) goto AC guy and tell him to adjust race settings properly with AC on. Issue will resolve
    On the other side; if AC race settings are done and issue still persists then you need to diagnose correct voltage is being given to IAC (if not then it's wiring issue or the connector issue) if correct voltage is being supplied then the Idle speed control valve/Solenoid must be fault and should be replaced. If replacement is due then its better to buy a full Qabli Mira carburetor along with its vacuum pipes and install it. Issue will resolve.

As a side note: I think your problem lies more in Carburetor clean up, Point re-gap and clean up of all distributor terminals, and Yes the AC race settings of course kindly look into it before moving to IAC/ISC checking.

Mira distributor can be had in 3000 but buy it as a full set including its cables 1-main 3 plug ones, rotor, distributor cap (these all parts should be packaged as untouched genuine) then install it otherwise goto next Qabli parts shop. The main benefit of electronic distributor is that it is maintenance free. You cannot distinguish much of any performance difference between a 100% healthy Point breaker distributor or an electronic distributor. We feel good after installing Electronic one because our old distributors have seen its age. I noticed smoother rpm and power delivery at all rpms especially better response and power with AC on at high speeds. Your experience may be somewhat different.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@meh1 I was reading Cuore manual & I found that settings of ignition timing of distributor are done in different ways for ED-10 & ED-20 engines but today mechanic adjusted in my car as done for ED-20 distributor.May be my car distributor isn't genuine of ED-10 engine?Can you comment looking at the pic of point I posted earlier.
    Also mechanic told me that car wiring isn't genuine,it is some other car's wiring installed, he told me its wiring can be bought easily from lahore.
    Idea is that spark should ignite when piston reached near the top dead center (TDC) to allow full efficiency of the four stroke cycle. Not having done so can cause premature or late spark causing piston slapping or reduced power delivery due to late charge burn in cylinders. etc. Timing is done by rotating the distributor and matching the factory specs measured in degrees. It is given under the bonnet printed on a yellow sticker. Mechanics do not do it so religiously rather they adjust the clock movement of distributor listening to the engine sound only. ED10 or ED20 the process is same only the degrees could vary.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by midreestaj View Post
    It seems car turning off could be merely carbon build up in the distributor? Added new point? Ok! did the issue resolve?
    If not then check carburetor clean up thorough one. This is Step 1 before you think of anything else seriously.

2nd step is to look Idle Air/or Speed control (IAC/or ISC) system is correctly working. This system maintains the idle speed in cars at all times when you lift your foot off the accelerator peddle. It also controls the Idle speed and raises it a notch when AC is turned on. In cars, it is doing either both or only the AC function. I think in Cuore it does work only to raise the idle when AC is switched on.
    If the issue of car turning off is with AC switched On then another sign that the IAC system is not raising the idle speed necessary to cancel out the load of AC compressor on the engine so it dies.
    Here comes two things; either only the adjustment is required for Race settings with AC on (common market term) goto AC guy and tell him to adjust race settings properly with AC on. Issue will resolve
    On the other side; if AC race settings are done and issue still persists then you need to diagnose correct voltage is being given to IAC (if not then it's wiring issue or the connector issue) if correct voltage is being supplied then the Idle speed control valve/Solenoid must be fault and should be replaced. If replacement is due then its better to buy a full Qabli Mira carburetor along with its vacuum pipes and install it. Issue will resolve.

As a side note: I think your problem lies more in Carburetor clean up, Point re-gap and clean up of all distributor terminals, and Yes the AC race settings of course kindly look into it before moving to IAC/ISC checking.

Mira distributor can be had in 3000 but buy it as a full set including its cables 1-main 3 plug ones, rotor, distributor cap (these all parts should be packaged as untouched genuine) then install it otherwise goto next Qabli parts shop. The main benefit of electronic distributor is that it is maintenance free. You cannot distinguish much of any performance difference between a 100% healthy Point breaker distributor or an electronic distributor. We feel good after installing Electronic one because our old distributors have seen its age. I noticed smoother rpm and power delivery at all rpms especially better response and power with AC on at high speeds. Your experience may be somewhat different.
    Very nicely explained bro.
    Mechanic told distributor point is finished, please see it in a pic I posted earlier too & he told to change it but I didn't as I thought to do everything after discussing here in forum. I think distributor cap is fine inside & rotor too.They also adjusted ignition timing by moving distributor & adjusted it where idle became better.Then they sprayed carb with carb cleaner.i asked them which parts need to be changed must, they told to change point first of all(it is mentioned as signal generator assembly in cuore manual),if you look closely in pic you will see that the two contact points that are made of lead I think(sikka in urdu) are totally finished.
    Cuore  Fan Club - c350419652bfd6b046bd8f1a4609dd88

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Forgot to mention I didn't use AC today as it was raining & I didn't turn ON AC for weeks now may be due to fear of engine turning OFF or I feel car becomes little heavy & there are many jumpers in my way & also with AC car consumes more fuel.When last tuning was done before Ramadan then I told mechanic to adjust settings with AC ON & OFF.
    I planned to go to mechanic next week but problem worsened today as engine was turning OFF at every jumper on road

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you need to install point time to time and change, its not electronic for sure.
    If good quality wiring is available, go for it. also tell that does car turns off with AC on?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you need to install point time to time and change, its not electronic for sure.
    If good quality wiring is available, go for it. also tell that does car turns off with AC on?
    I didn't use AC in car for last few weeks so it was turning OFF without AC.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@wasf, I hope your issue will go now and yes your point was finished. You got it changed, adjusted timing.. check now and report if the issue of engine going off comes back.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by midreestaj View Post
    @wasf, I hope your issue will go now and yes your point was finished. You got it changed, adjusted timing.. check now and report if the issue of engine going off comes back.
    Bro the point wasn't changed today bcoz I decided to first discuss here in forum & then make a decision to change the point or install a Mira distributor.They fitted same point in distributor, did some adjustments, little carb cleaner & car was runing fine.
    After reading your & meh1 replies today I think changing point is a cheaper option for time being as it will cost only Rs 600 for genuine Toyota .If problem will reappear some weeks after changing point then I will consider replacing distributor with Mira's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro the point wasn't changed today bcoz I decided to first discuss here in forum & then make a decision to change the point or install a Mira distributor.They fitted same point in distributor, did some adjustments, little carb cleaner & car was runing fine.
    After reading your & meh1 replies today I think changing point is a cheaper option for time being as it will cost only Rs 600 for genuine Toyota .If problem will reappear some weeks after changing point then I will consider replacing distributor with Mira's
    Agreed with your direction of work. Best of luck.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List