Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Cuore Engine Crunk Issue(Help Required)

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    waris_arsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Cuore Engine Crunk Issue(Help Required)

    I have bought a Cuore around 1 month back. its working fine suddenly without any specific reason its engine start to give strange kind of noise.

    i went to my mechanic and he said its Engine Crunk was about to break(i dont even know the right word for it, but he was saying engine crunk) was damaged.

    and suggested 2 solution:

    1) Complete New Engine cost around 35k without fitting.

    2) Half Summary(Ring Piston n crunk etc costed around 15k without fitting).

    i have also heard about Mira(660CC) engine can be swapped with Cuore stock engine.

    please suggest me the best way to sort this out, it would be great if anyone can share his personal experience with Cuore engine swap!

    Regards
    Waris
    -

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    waris_arsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bump !!
    -

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    meh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    1,361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i think mechanic means crank shaft. engine swap is a risk. if you can find good kabuli engine, both 660cc and 850cc EFi engines run OK. they are bolt on fit and fuel average and power is good. but there are chances that engine you will find will have faults. or a already tried engine. in my openion go for a option 2 i.e. ring, pistons and crank shaft working. it can cost you almost 25K. also get engine head checked. if head needs work too then go for an engine swap.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    meh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    1,361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @waris_arsh i mean that if it is only crank shaft and rings etc, get them fixed. if there are other problems in engine then swap it completely. when going to buy engine take some expert with you to check engine's condition.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    waris_arsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meh1 View Post
    i think mechanic means crank shaft. engine swap is a risk. if you can find good kabuli engine, both 660cc and 850cc EFi engines run OK. they are bolt on fit and fuel average and power is good. but there are chances that engine you will find will have faults. or a already tried engine. in my openion go for a option 2 i.e. ring, pistons and crank shaft working. it can cost you almost 25K. also get engine head checked. if head needs work too then go for an engine swap.

    thanks for the reply
    ya i guess he means crank
    i will got the engine from bilal ganj lahore
    and ya i will ask mechanic to check the head as well, if it is also faulty then engine swap is the only option left
    -

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    waris_arsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meh1 View Post
    @waris_arsh i mean that if it is only crank shaft and rings etc, get them fixed. if there are other problems in engine then swap it completely. when going to buy engine take some expert with you to check engine's condition.
    mechanic said that repairing the crank is not a reliable solution.
    n yes i will bring an expert person with me to check engine condition.
    thanks
    -

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    cooldevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,047
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    swap 660cc miras engine and get its warranty from the shop keeper! otherwise get it overhauled from an experienced mechanic! assembly swap will also do the job and its much better than overhauling!

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    waris_arsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooldevil View Post
    swap 660cc miras engine and get its warranty from the shop keeper! otherwise get it overhauled from an experienced mechanic! assembly swap will also do the job and its much better than overhauling!
    assembly swap means half summary(Ring, Piston n crank etc) ???
    can u please elaborate a bit. i dont know the details of this term
    -

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    meh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    1,361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    get it checked by one or two other mechanics. as for crank shaft, you can get it kabuli too. it all depends on expertise of mechanic who fixes it. but in your case, i think getting a 660cc or 850cc engine is better. but check that whether filters, plugs and other parts that need to be changed at intervals for this model are available in market.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    meh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    1,361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    few days ago i went to islamabad and i was amazed to see some 660cc Mira's driving at 120 with AC with good pick. a good 660cc engine is not underpowered.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    waris_arsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meh1 View Post
    get it checked by one or two other mechanics. as for crank shaft, you can get it kabuli too. it all depends on expertise of mechanic who fixes it. but in your case, i think getting a 660cc or 850cc engine is better. but check that whether filters, plugs and other parts that need to be changed at intervals for this model are available in market.
    Yesterday my dad went to another mechanic, he claimed that this voice is not because of crank issue.
    he changed the timing belt and a barrier near it.
    And surprisingly the NOISE HAS GONE
    now lets see is this is temporary workaround or the issue has been fixed.
    and thanks for your help guys
    -

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    waris_arsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meh1 View Post
    few days ago i went to islamabad and i was amazed to see some 660cc Mira's driving at 120 with AC with good pick. a good 660cc engine is not underpowered.
    ya 660cc new technology engines are not underpowered. they are enough for our use
    basically paki nation is lakeer ki fakeer
    if i put a 660cc engine in my car n after 1 or 2 years when i gonna sell it.
    the buyer will argument bhai apne 850cc car mai 660cc q rakhwayaa hoa hai
    -

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    meh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    1,361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yes thats why if you are going for a swap, better find a 850cc EFi engine or 850cc carby.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    meh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    1,361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waris_arsh View Post
    Yesterday my dad went to another mechanic, he claimed that this voice is not because of crank issue.
    he changed the timing belt and a barrier near it.
    And surprisingly the NOISE HAS GONE
    now lets see is this is temporary workaround or the issue has been fixed.
    and thanks for your help guys
    hope it does not come back. good luck

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •