Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gujar96

Thread: cuore engine problem . urgent reply neeeded

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    ismaildesai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default cuore engine problem . urgent reply neeeded

    dear pakwheelers . I have cuore 2003 with cng . one of the spark plug was shorted last week due to oil coming on it due to which car pick was very low. my car has also oil seal problem from 6 to 7 month but spark plug was shorted last week. Now mechanic told me that if i will just fit the oil seals then there will be no oi leaking but still the oil level will decrease due to the ring piston problem which is shorting the plugs. he told me to install ring pistons and other engine parts which is costing around 25k to 30k. Now i need ur help what to do. Urgent replies needed .please and if anyone who knows about engine work or can give some suggestions . kindly give me ur contact details .please

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    iamadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,827
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ismaildesai View Post
    dear pakwheelers . I have cuore 2003 with cng . one of the spark plug was shorted last week due to oil coming on it due to which car pick was very low. my car has also oil seal problem from 6 to 7 month but spark plug was shorted last week. Now mechanic told me that if i will just fit the oil seals then there will be no oi leaking but still the oil level will decrease due to the ring piston problem which is shorting the plugs. he told me to install ring pistons and other engine parts which is costing around 25k to 30k. Now i need ur help what to do. Urgent replies needed .please and if anyone who knows about engine work or can give some suggestions . kindly give me ur contact details .please
    you have to provide more detail regarding this issue.
    1. is your car decreasing a large amount of oil?
    2. do you observe blue smoke from your exhaust while driving?
    3. is the exhaust black and it has traces of oil in it?

    if your car has the above syptoms you must go for an overhaul.

    and if the oil is decreasing in a small amount say .25 to .5litre per 3000km and u observe smoke only at startups and not after that. get the valve seals replaced only....


    Sent from my TCL A909 using Tapatalk 2
    Sharing is caring....

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    ismaildesai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    brother can u inbox me ur number

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    ismaildesai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    well i have not seen blck smoke and very rarel seen smoke on startups

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    iamadee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,827
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ismaildesai View Post
    well i have not seen blck smoke and very rarel seen smoke on startups
    i never said black smoke. black smoke is due to bad air fuel mixture only.
    i said blue smoke with smell of oil burning....

    Sent from my TCL A909 using Tapatalk 2
    Sharing is caring....

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    DrunkenDagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Salam. I am facing the same problem with my coure. 4 months back I spent almost 30k on complete overhaul of engine, after that car was doing perfect. But now few days back it started missing and lost pick. I got it checked and the mechanic told me that oil is seaming from engine to one of the plug, that is why car is doing problem. The mechanic is now saying to spend more on it by changing rings and others things. But I am not satisfied with his advice. Because neither car has decreased oil level nor it has smoked in start ups or in running. Now can anyone of you help by good guidance that what to do? I already spent too much on engine. If I just change oil seals can I get rid of this problem or I have to spend 30k again on it? :O Need advice

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    gujar96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ismaildesai View Post
    dear pakwheelers . I have cuore 2003 with cng . one of the spark plug was shorted last week due to oil coming on it due to which car pick was very low. my car has also oil seal problem from 6 to 7 month but spark plug was shorted last week. Now mechanic told me that if i will just fit the oil seals then there will be no oi leaking but still the oil level will decrease due to the ring piston problem which is shorting the plugs. he told me to install ring pistons and other engine parts which is costing around 25k to 30k. Now i need ur help what to do. Urgent replies needed .please and if anyone who knows about engine work or can give some suggestions . kindly give me ur contact details .please

    If oil is present in spark plugs then oil seals and valve seals are gone. If car is consuming about 0.5 litre of engine oil after 1500km then pistons are ok only rings if more oil consumption and blue smoke is present then unfortunately your engine needs complete overhaul piston rings everything. Actually your mechanic is right as they will have to open the engine and if you want to run it trouble free for another 1 lakh km you may get complete overhaul but post complete symptoms of car. Is car giving blue smoke? How much oil is reducing, what is fuel consumption and has the performance of car drastically decreased? Which engine oil are you using with drain interval?

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    gujar96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenDagger View Post
    Salam. I am facing the same problem with my coure. 4 months back I spent almost 30k on complete overhaul of engine, after that car was doing perfect. But now few days back it started missing and lost pick. I got it checked and the mechanic told me that oil is seaming from engine to one of the plug, that is why car is doing problem. The mechanic is now saying to spend more on it by changing rings and others things. But I am not satisfied with his advice. Because neither car has decreased oil level nor it has smoked in start ups or in running. Now can anyone of you help by good guidance that what to do? I already spent too much on engine. If I just change oil seals can I get rid of this problem or I have to spend 30k again on it? :O Need advice
    Always get your engine overhaul from a good mechanic. If the car has oil in plugs then oil seals and valve seals gone with Head Gasket also. Take the car to a good mechanic if you are in islamabad then take it to toyota islamabad which deals in daihatsu and they will tell you which problems are present. If a engine is properly overhauled it doesnt give any problems till 1lakh km at least. Are the temperatures okay?

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    DrunkenDagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Temperature is ok bro. It has never raised temperature gauge, something other is wrong. I think, I should go for new oil seals first. What is your opinion?

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    gujar96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenDagger View Post
    Temperature is ok bro. It has never raised temperature gauge, something other is wrong. I think, I should go for new oil seals first. What is your opinion?
    Also check for rings and pistons, first get problems verified then go for repair from a trusted and good mechanic.

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    ismaildesai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    the oil leak problem was solved . my oil switch had a leak near oil filter and replaced and washed the engine bay . now no oil seen on engine from almost one month. but the plug problem i still dnt know. currently iam using adapter with plug . No weak engine symptoms . Just smoke on start in cold otherwise car runs fine. Half of my tappet cover right side looks shiny . I think tappet seals need replacements and o rings . I think that o ring was responsible for oil in plug and i didnt inspect the plug when it was shorted. my dad took it to mechanic and he put the adapter. need senior advices. Will post the pictures tomorrow

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    gujar96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ismaildesai View Post
    the oil leak problem was solved . my oil switch had a leak near oil filter and replaced and washed the engine bay . now no oil seen on engine from almost one month. but the plug problem i still dnt know. currently iam using adapter with plug . No weak engine symptoms . Just smoke on start in cold otherwise car runs fine. Half of my tappet cover right side looks shiny . I think tappet seals need replacements and o rings . I think that o ring was responsible for oil in plug and i didnt inspect the plug when it was shorted. my dad took it to mechanic and he put the adapter. need senior advices. Will post the pictures tomorrow

    Check the tappet gasket and plug o rings. Check the engine oil level regularly.

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    mohammadsajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jiddah
    Age
    63
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenDagger View Post
    Temperature is ok bro. It has never raised temperature gauge, something other is wrong. I think, I should go for new oil seals first. What is your opinion?
    Just curious, is the thermostat valve removed from the engine cooling system?

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    khurrampu02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

    Default engine problem

    ring valve work then overhauled engine.then chnged head.opend engine 3 tyms in a month.but same problem.oil comes in spark plugs.and car strts missing.huge amount of blue smoke at strtup n running as well.need advice.as i already opened engine 3 tyms and overhauled it as well..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •