Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imransavul

Thread: Where to find cuore new engine?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    The_lasting_impression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    6
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Where to find cuore new engine?

    AoA!
    Car is Cuore. Has done more than 200,000 kms and needs engine overhauling. I want to install new engine. Can i find one in rawalpindi mithu ihata here? How to judge that the engine is new and few kms used?


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    imransavul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    U wont get any kabuli engine of coure. In market U'll either get 1000cc efi engine that comes in toyota duet or daihatsu storia or daihatsu mera etcc.. And if u find any carby engine of coure with any kabaria thn,it will be pakistan used engine (might be of stolen vehicle).
    i have installed 1000cc efi engine in,my coure with its original,gear box about an year before. Its mashAllah working fine on,petrol & cng.
    consumption is around 3-4 rupees per km on cng. It cost me around 40k rupees (with labour and every other expense)
    "FRONTIER FOUR BY FOUR"
    Life begins, where road ends..

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    The_lasting_impression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    6
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by imransavul View Post
    U wont get any kabuli engine of coure. In market U'll either get 1000cc efi engine that comes in toyota duet or daihatsu storia or daihatsu mera etcc.. And if u find any carby engine of coure with any kabaria thn,it will be pakistan used engine (might be of stolen vehicle).
    i have installed 1000cc efi engine in,my coure with its original,gear box about an year before. Its mashAllah working fine on,petrol & cng.
    consumption is around 3-4 rupees per km on cng. It cost me around 40k rupees (with labour and every other expense)
    I've few questions :
    (1) Can 1.o litre engine fit into the cuore size?
    (2) Which car's engine ? i mean it is certainly not cuore's engine as coure is 847 cc
    (3) It will increase the performance for sure but what about the fuel consumption? will it be as fuel efficient as is original cuore?
    (4) Any expert mechanic who can do this job and how much used will be the engine?
    (5) About it's repairs & Maintenance afterwards?
    And many other related queries. kindly answer the same.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    meh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    1,361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Market has plenty of kabuli engines of cuore. these are EF-EL 660cc EFi and ED-20 850cc EFi. local cuore has ED-10 850cc carby.
    both EF-EL and ED-20 are more powerful than local cuore's engine. all have same blocks but different heads.

    local cuore's engine is not available in used parts. if it will be, it will be a stolen one most probably.

    last year i found that 660cc engine with uncut wiring was priced 25K and 850 at 30K in my city sahiwal. shop keeper gave guaranty that engine is in good condition. you will have to pay labor extra for fitting. it is bolt on swap.

    anyway my cuore has done almost 130K km and is running strong. what are the problems you are facing? maybe changing rings and pistons and head job will make engine good for 100K km more.

    finding good second hand engine is not easy. some senior member can guide you.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_lasting_impression View Post
    AoA!
    Car is Cuore. Has done more than 200,000 kms and needs engine overhauling. I want to install new engine. Can i find one in rawalpindi mithu ihata here? How to judge that the engine is new and few kms used?

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omarabdullah022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,641
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Cuore has a pretty robust and simple engine. If I were you i would get it overhauled from Toyota 3s and bd trouble free for at least two years.

    If you are going for a swap get the ED-20 engine that was also factory fitted in some cuores and was efi too.


    Best of luck!

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ch.talal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    663
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Bro, you should go for engine overhaul first. If you find a good mechanic who can do this properly, your current engine will last for few more years easily. Regarding used engines available in market, there are greater risks involved in it. It is your good luck if you find a good used engine. Otherwise, your money will go into trash as most engines available in scrap yards are also overhauled or fairly worn out.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omarabdullah022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,641
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Scrap yard engines are usually accidented for very worn out.

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    The_lasting_impression's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    6
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ch.talal View Post
    Bro, you should go for engine overhaul first. If you find a good mechanic who can do this properly, your current engine will last for few more years easily. Regarding used engines available in market, there are greater risks involved in it. It is your good luck if you find a good used engine. Otherwise, your money will go into trash as most engines available in scrap yards are also overhauled or fairly worn out.
    What's the price of cuore Ed-20 Efi engine?

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    faridahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    163
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    meh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    1,361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    around 30K for engine with uncut wiring and ECU.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lasting_impression View Post
    What's the price of cuore Ed-20 Efi engine?

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    imransavul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Peshawar
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,051
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I'll strongly recommend U to go for overhauling. But if U wanna swap, thn never ever go for 660cc. I have v.bad experience of 660 turbo engine in my coure. Go for 1000 or 850 cc efi.
    fuel consumption of 1000cc efi is really good i-e 14-15km/l in local. And ac also works perfect with 1000cc engine.
    "FRONTIER FOUR BY FOUR"
    Life begins, where road ends..

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    meh1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sahiwal
    Posts
    1,361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    please tell us model of engine. also in which toyota or daihatsu car it comes. price of swap and any other details. swap is a very risky work and your guidance can make it easy for other brothers.
    Quote Originally Posted by imransavul View Post
    I'll strongly recommend U to go for overhauling. But if U wanna swap, thn never ever go for 660cc. I have v.bad experience of 660 turbo engine in my coure. Go for 1000 or 850 cc efi.
    fuel consumption of 1000cc efi is really good i-e 14-15km/l in local. And ac also works perfect with 1000cc engine.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asad1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,707
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Go for overhualing else engine swap will decrease the valve of car

    Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    mani001002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    190
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    First go for overhauling than if u belong to lahore bilal ganjh is resonable place

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •